Being Followed Vol. Sketched out...

I went skateboarding at the local elementary school today because the weather was so good. When I was walking back home (my legs were too tired to skate), two guys dressed exactly alike in Timb's, jeans and camo jackets were walking on the other side of the road; a skinny dude and a fat guy. They looked to be in their mid 20's, probable gang members since Bridgeport CT was a town over. Keep in mind, I'm only 14 (turning 15 in 2 weeks), but I look like an adult, and I live in wealthy town. They started calling out skateboarding terms and making weird sounds. I didn't pay any mind to them. When they saw they couldn't faze me, they took some large pinecones and started banging them on the trees around them while they were walking. I still didn't say or do anything. They then began making barking and growling sounds. As I approached the intersection, they crossed the road and began walking about 10 yards behind me. My heart started beating fast and I was getting nervous as they were following me. There was no-one around. Suddenly, several cars came towards us and a dude was walking his dog down the sidewalk. I seized my opportunity and jumped on my board and across the road at the intersection and all the way to my house. They couldn't cross or see where I was going because of the cars that were passing. When I got home, I jumped into my chair as my heart was beating a mile a minute.
Cliffnotes:

Coming back from skateboarding at a school

Was followed by sketchy guys along main road

Was freaking out as they were approaching me

Broke off and ran (skated) for my life.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences as a kid or recently?

Originally Posted by Skateboard

I went skateboarding at the local elementary school today because the weather was so good. When I was walking back home (my legs were too tired to skate), two guys dressed exactly alike in Timb's, jeans and camo jackets were walking on the other side of the road; a skinny dude and a fat guy. They looked to be in their mid 20's, probable gang members since Bridgeport CT was a town over. Keep in mind, I'm only 14 (turning 15 in 2 weeks), but I look like an adult, and I live in wealthy town. They started calling out skateboarding terms and making weird sounds. I didn't pay any mind to them. When they saw they couldn't faze me, they took some large pinecones and started banging them on the trees around them while they were walking. I still didn't say or do anything. They then began making barking and growling sounds. As I approached the intersection, they crossed the road and began walking about 10 yards behind me. My heart started beating fast and I was getting nervous as they were following me. There was no-one around. Suddenly, several cars came towards us and a dude was walking his dog down the sidewalk. I seized my opportunity and jumped on my board and across the road at the intersection and all the way to my house. They couldn't cross or see where I was going because of the cars that were passing. When I got home, I jumped into my chair as my heart was beating a mile a minute.
Cliffnotes:

Coming back from skateboarding at a school

Was followed by sketchy guys along main road

Was freaking out as they were approaching me

Broke off and ran (skated) for my life.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences as a kid or recently?

Yeah I've had a few of these moments myself...
laugh.gif

For some reason though, I never run. I always do the "pretend to look to my left/right, when in reality, I'm looking to see if you're about to run up on me from behind", word to having great peripheral vision...
laugh.gif

Edit:

Just read your entire post (read only cliffs before) and noticed BPT...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let me guess, you're from Fairfield OP, or Trumbull?

I'm from bpt; where specifically were you at? Middle School name?

yea, I thought I was gonna get mugged so I flagged and hopped in a cab lol

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Yeah I've had a few of these moments myself...
laugh.gif

For some reason though, I never run. I always do the "pretend to look to my left/right, when in reality, I'm looking to see if you're about to run up on me from behind", word to having great peripheral vision...
laugh.gif

Edit:

Just read your entire post (read only cliffs before) and noticed BPT...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let me guess, you're from Fairfield OP, or Trumbull?

I'm from bpt; where specifically were you at? Middle School name?

I did the same thing with looking to the left/right with peripheral vision. 
pimp.gif

And yeah, Fairfield. Old money hood. 
smokin.gif

And I was skating at Holland Hill. I'm a highschooler but the highschool is too far away to skate to.

I've had that feeling before but I never ran and they never did anything to me, so it was whatever.

You should of picked up your board and made the craziest look you could of while screaming and ran full speed toward them cornballs they prolly would have dipped....

After they stomped a mudhole in that %#+

Probably trying to rob you but didnt know how. You should take some boxing classes or something so you could know how to defend yourself. If you see them again and they're close to you don't be afraid to look at them in the eyes and show them your not scared. If they try something take your skateboard and crack one of them right in the face as hard a you can and run for your life. Also, if you do get robbed and they have weapons let them have what they want, nothing is more valuable then your life.

I can't speak for all "urban" areas, or for everyone in any one of these aforementioned "urban" areas, but if there's one thing I've learned from livin' in a place like bpt (my fam moved there, and I went to HS there), it's that most of the intimidating personalities bark harder than they bite, assuming they bite at all.
It's a tough city, and cats put on that intimidating front so they wont look like an easy target themselves. I highly doubt them dudes would've done anything to you, OP.

They barked hard and they obviously rattled you, if that was in fact their intention...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.  Still though, +1 for taking affirmative action and booking it out of there. It's better to be safe than to be sorry...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The thing is, my skateboard is a pretty good weapon because it's made of hard maple wood and the trucks (the part that the wheels are mounted on) are made out of solid cast metal. One hit to the head with a skateboard would knock anybody out.

The only "valuables" on me were my broken ipod and an old samsung. I don't carry important stuff while skating.

Some dudes from my school were robbed of their iphones and snapbacks when they were in bridgeport.
And I can't believe they were literally barking at me. Smh Animals. I didn't show any signs of being rattled, though. Show no fear.
I'm going to be able to go to the gym when I'm 15. I do work out a bit and can hold up in a one on one fight. I made a break for it because it would've been two on one. I can't handle that yet.
If they try to stick me up, I'll just suckerpunch them. There's no honor is robbing someone, much less a kid.
tired.gif

Should I report the dudes for suspicious activity? There are a bunch of kids around the area I was going through, and my neighborhood doesn't need some wannabe gangsters walking around trying to hustle the locals.

Funny that this topic came about. One of my friends thinks we almost got robbed after we went to a basketball game.We were at a train station when these two hoodlums walked up behind us and banged on the glass of the waiting room we were in. They proceeded to make their way down to a group of people waiting at the opposite end of the tracks and then they came back to us. They came up to me and one of them asked to use my phone. I told them no, and said that I did not trust either of them. Then they asked my friend, who also told them no. Then the one who initially asked kept saying how he was a man of his word, that he only needed to make one call, and that I wasn't "a real man" because I was wearing a pink button up and wouldn't let him use my phone.
laugh.gif
It was pretty much us two and the two guys (they were probably like 16) just staring at each other, talking about random stuff with them interjecting every minute or so asking to use my phone. I told them that they should go to one of the businesses in the neighborhood (many corner stores were open) to use a phone.

They didn't do anything but try to look intimidating with their bandanas on until the train came. They got on and sat on the opposite side of the train and asked a guy to use his phone and he agreed. One of them kept trying to dial a number until the next stop and then they pulled a bait and switch on the poor dude who let them use his iPhone. I felt so bad for not interjecting but I couldn't have done anything to really help since they were on the opposite side of the train. I called the police but I'm not sure if they did anything because I had to catch a connecting bus.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Probably trying to rob you but didnt know how. You should take some boxing classes or something so you could know how to defend yourself. If you see them again and they're close to you don't be afraid to look at them in the eyes and show them your not scared. If they try something take your skateboard and crack one of them right in the face as hard a you can and run for your life. Also, if you do get robbed and they have weapons let them have what they want, nothing is more valuable then your life.
Boxing classes FTW.  I'm down for a fight.  Unless, of course, they have weapons 
laugh.gif

When I was at Niagra falls last year on New Years Eve, some slutty chick asked me if she could use my phone. She kept trying to drunkenly seduce me while I was eating some pizza. It was pretty funny because I was with my cousins and she kept flirting with us. Still didn't give her my phone.

There were two times in my life where there were suspicious people following me and they both ended up trying to rob me. First time it was in broad day light across the street from a cafe as I was waiting for a bus. The second time it was in a muni station. I was the only person there waiting. I learned my lesson after that to just go out of my way to avoid trouble even though it means going to a populated area, store or even going through a complete different destination I was intending to go to avoid confrontation.

One night I was at my homies crib and we going back to my house so he could get his car. As I was pulling out a car stopped and let us out in front of him, we noticed that he was following us pretty close so I tried to shake him but couldn't so we were both convinced that we were being followed. So we get to the street right before my house and notice he stopped his car and got and started walking towards my house. My homeboy got in his car and dipped. So I'm leaving and see the dude getting back in his car to leave. Had me and my boy shook. He probably thought we were somebody sleeping with his wife or something

I think the only reason why I wasn't robbed while I was skating in Jamaica was because it was a busy shopping afternoon on Saturday.

I hate even the thought of being followed. I always imagine I am and sometimes end up stopping and checking it out to make sure it isn't real this time.

Next time just turn around and tell them you gon eat them out if they dont quit playing...

Balrog suggesting boxing classes...what a kawinkeedink
laugh.gif

but idk op them dudes might have been on pills and or dat water.

cuz what kind of dude barks at people ?

Back
Top Bottom