Best Deodorant ??

I feel like im swear a little too much , its not a odor problem more of wetness . My question is does Gillete clinical strength really work that well ?
- the commercial i couldnt embed
gillette-clinical-strength.jpg

I thought someone had a remedy on NT for not using Deodorant
I don't know why it has aluminum in it... isn't that a toxic metal

If you are sweating, you need a antipersperint. For that I swear by Certain Dri. You apply it once at night, and you should be dry for a week.

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor withfragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out.Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is what you want. Sinceodor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops the wetness you'll find that your underarmssmell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in tothe skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal

I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ONvariety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up). For added protection I set my alarm 2hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. This combo literally had my arms arid dry while therest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor with fragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out. Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is what you want. Since odor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops the wetness you'll find that your underarms smell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in to the skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal

I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ON variety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up). For added protection I set my alarm 2 hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. This combo literally had my arms arid dry while the rest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.

eyes.gif

I use Old Spice "Fresh" most of the time. But every now and then I decide to try something new that sounds appealing.. That line of Ban deodorants ispretty good. The shower fresh scent.

Fresh/Shower Fresh > ALL!

Monday through Friday im inside for most of the day so I use this as it doesn't contain antiperspirant

936532b.jpg

Weekends I use Speed Stick as it has antiperspirants but the lowest amount Ive seen so far.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I thought someone had a remedy on NT for not using Deodorant
I don't know why it has aluminum in it... isn't that a toxic metal
I remember that thread about aluminum and its being toxic. Arm and Hammer makes a good natural deodorant, but I'm pretty sure that it'snot an antiperspirant.
arm-hammer-essentials-natural-deodorant-unscented-25-oz-31671.jpg

Back
Top Bottom