Best Portable Video recorder?

As the title says, I was looking for the best portable video recorder. Something in the price range of a Flip HD or a Kodak ZI8. I have been reading many reviews, and can't seem to find anything conclusive. I want to use this mainly to record basketball games indoors. Any feedback is appreciated..

As the title says, I was looking for the best portable video recorder. Something in the price range of a Flip HD or a Kodak ZI8. I have been reading many reviews, and can't seem to find anything conclusive. I want to use this mainly to record basketball games indoors. Any feedback is appreciated..

Have you used the Play touch (Zi 10)? A lot of people say it has some better features, but the video on the zi8 is still better. Also, have you used the jvc and Samsung ones you mentioned??

Have you used the Play touch (Zi 10)? A lot of people say it has some better features, but the video on the zi8 is still better. Also, have you used the jvc and Samsung ones you mentioned??

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

Monitoring this thread..
nerd.gif

Honestly cell phones. Realistically the cost for cell phones are so cheap and the functionality of them are just getting better. It keeps the amount of devices down to a minimum and its easier to share your photos with a phone (i.e. email, facebook, twitter, flickr, and son). Not even that software has gotten so advanced you can also edit the pictures/videos right on the device these days hell apple ported iMovie to their devices and Google has a video editor either coming out or out already. I just think we are very close to seeing a future where portable cameras are not necessary.

Now your biggest issue is probably picture quality and this is the point where cell phones are lacking. Yes there are upto 8 megapixel devices out but the quality of the lenses and other things are just not up to par with a real camera. The Kodak Zi8 looks to be a good camera and the price point aint even bad. I just spent 100 bucks buying my girl this big #!% instant picture camera for that price. Specs are on point also.

Honestly cell phones. Realistically the cost for cell phones are so cheap and the functionality of them are just getting better. It keeps the amount of devices down to a minimum and its easier to share your photos with a phone (i.e. email, facebook, twitter, flickr, and son). Not even that software has gotten so advanced you can also edit the pictures/videos right on the device these days hell apple ported iMovie to their devices and Google has a video editor either coming out or out already. I just think we are very close to seeing a future where portable cameras are not necessary.

Now your biggest issue is probably picture quality and this is the point where cell phones are lacking. Yes there are upto 8 megapixel devices out but the quality of the lenses and other things are just not up to par with a real camera. The Kodak Zi8 looks to be a good camera and the price point aint even bad. I just spent 100 bucks buying my girl this big #!% instant picture camera for that price. Specs are on point also.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Nope, manufactures wont phase out an entire product line.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Nope, manufactures wont phase out an entire product line.

Back
Top Bottom