BEST RUNNING SHOES?

I've used Asics Gel Series for about 4 years and have never had a problem (3 different pairs and run mainly on treadmill).. Was put on by working at Sports Authority in college and have never gone back.. Although I've heard the new Nike Free series is comfortable and really light.. I'd say try Mizuno as well from what I remember those were highly regarded by runners..

If you really want to be fitted correctly and buy shoes that can be wear tested and returned, go to you local running shop. Chains can't match their expertise or policies. Worth spending a little more for a pair

Originally Posted by dmxfury

If you really want to be fitted correctly and buy shoes that can be wear tested and returned, go to you local running shop. Chains can't match their expertise or policies. Worth spending a little more for a pair

This. Go to a specialty store geared towards the marathon runners etc and do their test.
You basically do a series of tests to see your foot type, where you land on your foot during running, etc...and they will pick out the shoe that is suited best for you.

Do you pronate or supinate? Also, it's recommended to get new running shoes every 300-400 miles or 5-6 months (I think).

this..

they take you on a treadmill, watch you walk THE whole nine.. to make sure it's the right shoe for you

you have to determine your pronation, because if you buy the wrong shoe you can end up hurting yourself:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-327-7727-0,00.html

also your foots arch is also pretty important

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

this..

they take you on a treadmill, watch you walk THE whole nine.. to make sure it's the right shoe for you

you have to determine your pronation, because if you buy the wrong shoe you can end up hurting yourself:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-327-7727-0,00.html

also your foots arch is also pretty important
all this is how i ended up with the Brooks Beast.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

This. Go to a specialty store geared towards the marathon runners etc and do their test.
You basically do a series of tests to see your foot type, where you land on your foot during running, etc...and they will pick out the shoe that is suited best for you.

we had something like this when i worked at the athletes foot. at the time, asics gel kayano was the illest one out (that and new balance 991)

Had to bring this back...

Any input between Asics Gel Blur33/Lyte33 vs. Brooks PureFlow/Connection vs. Saucony Kinvara 2/3?

Any help appreciated.

Had to bring this back...
Any input between Asics Gel Blur33/Lyte33 vs. Brooks PureFlow/Connection vs. Saucony Kinvara 2/3?
Any help appreciated.

All great brands, try to find a place to try em on and see which you prefer. Really tough to pick our running shoes online as everyone's foot/stride is different.

I really like my vibram five fingers, but people have mixed opinions on those :lol:

I've used Asics Gel Series for about 4 years and have never had a problem (3 different pairs and run mainly on treadmill).. Was put on by working at Sports Authority in college and have never gone back.. Although I've heard the new Nike Free series is comfortable and really light...

I just bought the Gel Cumulus 13 series the other day and I LOVE them. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.

I have flat feet and asics gel nimbus has been OK for my feet.

I run on the sidewalks/street and my feet start hurting about 1.5 miles into the run.

Definitely looking into a new brand when I get the money.

Mizuno and Saucony have been rated pretty well for flat footed runners.

I run on the sidewalks/street and my feet start hurting about 1.5 miles into the run.

New Balance MR993.

Thank me later bro... My brother in law in the Navy along with some of Navy Seal buddies with flat foot live by this.

Brooks and Asics over any pair of Nike. Show me a pair of an nikes and ill show you a pair of asics and brooks that are better

Youre actually running with the opposite shoe you should try to Asics Gel Kayano, Nimbus is built for neutral to higher arches; Kayano for flatter feet.

Youre actually running with the opposite shoe you should try to Asics Gel Kayano, Nimbus is built for neutral to higher arches; Kayano for flatter feet.

This.

But damn, I know the newer Kayanos are like $180+ :x But hey, as the ol' saying goes "You get what you pay for"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom