Best way to spike credit score?

al audi

Banned
Im at 775 now, i wanna get 800+
back in april i was at 745, i just disputed some stuff an i obviously must have got the stuff straightened out, im actually still waiting for responses in the mail.........just checked my updated report on creditchecktotal, great service btw

i been window shopping cars for a while, anyway i can get to 800 by labor day?

its 25 points really a big difference in terms of what deal you get?

(serious question)

nerd.gif

hope you coppin a VW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

25+ points in the next 5 months? Likely possible but it might be more difficult since that score is pretty high as it is. My only suggestions are:

Pay-off any credit card balances you might have.
Use those credit cards sparingly and they pay it all off before incurring interest.
Don't let older credit cards expire or be closed, it might affect your credit negatively.
Try and get a copy of your full credit report and check to see if there is something that might be wrong with it and dispute it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

25+ points in the next 5 months? Likely possible but it might be more difficult since that score is pretty high as it is. My only suggestions are:

Pay-off any credit card balances you might have.
Use those credit cards sparingly and they pay it all off before incurring interest.
Don't let older credit cards expire or be closed, it might affect your credit negatively.
Try and get a copy of your full credit report and check to see if there is something that might be wrong with it and dispute it.
basically i use my credit cards for revolving accounts, like gym an lil things, i pay em off an have no cc debt.
yea that last part i already did that RFX, hence it went from 745-775

could i take out a small personal loan from a credit union an just pay it off fast?

Originally Posted by MMG

its 25 points really a big difference in terms of what deal you get?

(serious question)

nerd.gif

hope you coppin a VW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
honestly i dont know.......
laugh.gif

im 27 an never had a car payment yet

i might...........lease also. an i know requirements are diff

The only way to increase your score is to borrow money and pay it back. Your credit score is only a sign of your interaction with debt, not a sign of wealth since they don't take into account any of your assets when calculating your score.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

The only way to increase your score is to borrow money and pay it back. Your credit score is only a sign of your interaction with debt, not a sign of wealth since they don't take into account any of your assets when calculating your score.

yes i realize this also. there are so many factors. hell even accounts you have cuz be limited amount, an also, i think my rate will be higher than avg because i never had a car loan
i might/try do a lease takeover first

I have read that your credit limits affect the score, but not sure if you were to apply for some credit cards would it increase your score that quickly.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

I have read that your credit limits affect the score, but not sure if you were to apply for some credit cards would it increase your score that quickly.

from what i understand 2 credit cards is all you need
i dunno, i think im gonna finance the new macbook when it drops, maybe thatll help

How much will that really affect the interest rates you can get? seems like it could be pretty small

Not to hijack but I recently found out that my Wells Fargo Acct was somehow created without my actual SSN, it was 1 number off than what it really is

Hypothetically could I use the CC on my acct liberally and just pay the minimums or take my time paying it off/always having a balance and have it not affect my credit score?

I have another bank acct with correct numbers and have had a CC for work that was under my correct SSN, so I can use those to acually build my credit tied to my SSN

Thnks

Only thing that gonna get you over 800+ is age, it may take 1 year or multiple. If you have anymore charged off accounts, doctor bills, etc, try to get those fully removed. If you add new credit; loans, credit card, your score may actually drop initially. So, my advise keep your credit card utility under 10% as a whole and less than 20% used on any credit card. Maybe get a low interest loan just to pay off over a year, to see if you get a bump from that. 
Also, if the score you're going by isn't from Myfico.com or Experian themselves, then that's not the actual score that a lender goes by. The transunion score given by Myfico is now deemed useless, so don't waste you money.

But as RFX said, get a hard copy of each credit report at Annualcreditreport.com and go from there.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Where do yall check your scores? I'm sure mine is pretty high but I haven't checked in a while.

was just about to ask this checked it last year because NT posted a link to the free once a year website scores to check all 3 of your credit scores.

help is appreciated
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

no thread jack but does closing credit card accounts affect your score negatively?
I just recently closed 2 of them that I never used, balance was at 0 of course

Originally Posted by melofan15

no thread jack but does closing credit card accounts affect your score negatively?

I've been told not to close credit cards... I have a capital one card that I haven't used in probably 3 years but it's still open... Just been 0 balance the entire time.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by melofan15

I've been told not to close credit cards... I have a capital one card that I haven't used in probably 3 years but it's still open... Just been 0 balance the entire time.

Might want to use that card every once in a while. They like to see some type of activity on these accounts.I also have a question....My mothers Macys card keeps coming up when I check my credit score. I never cosigned for the card nor am I an authorized user on it. The only thing I've ever done is registered my personal email to her macys card to pay bills online.She keeps a high balance on that %#+% and I'm sure it's affected me negatively. What is a brotha to do?

ANY ERRORS ON YOUR REPORT FIX ASAP! Few months ago I was at 716, now I'm at 775, debt free and error free. I'm a busy person, I paid a company called Sky Blue Credit to do the work for me, I'm a pleased customer. Also, pay off any outstanding debt before you try to fix credit.

Al Audi, I am truly envious of your credit score. That is all. 
laugh.gif

Keep that up my dude, your life will be so much better as a result.

800 score is very doable, I flirted with it when I was 22-23, i'm 24 now and incurred more debt so my score is around 770 now, checked it the other day thru USAA. And Audi if you're at a ~750 credit score I think your auto loan rate will be very good (should actually qualify for the best don't accept less) even if you've never had a car loan
laugh.gif

Things from your parents can cross over onto your report, happens all the time. Same household address, hell I'm a Jr. I had to fix stuff from my father. Old timeshare accounts from the caribbean and crap.

Just wondering, what benefit are you trying to gain by going from 775 to 800 other than a higher #? Assuming you're planning to finance a new car, I can't imagine the loan APR is going to vary greatly between the two scores.

When I financed my A5, my score was in the high 700's. They offered me 1.9% for 3 years or 2.9% for 5 years. I opted for the 5 year loan (~$22,000, just under $400 a month). Do be aware that when you take that car loan, it will put a hit on your score. I forget the exact #, but my score dropped by about 40 points.

Back
Top Bottom