Best way to spike credit score?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Where do yall check your scores? I'm sure mine is pretty high but I haven't checked in a while.

was just about to ask this checked it last year because NT posted a link to the free once a year website scores to check all 3 of your credit scores.

help is appreciated
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I use CreditKarma.  Completely free and allows you to check your score as frequently as you wish.

4wrestling, I'm thinking about leasing also, but never having a car loan, what are my chances of leasing an Audi? Ill prob qualify for a first time buyer program.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

4wrestling, I'm thinking about leasing also, but never having a car loan, what are my chances of leasing an Audi? Ill prob qualify for a first time buyer program.

They're going to look at your job income (they will ask for a paystub), what's in your bank account(s), and obviously run your credit score.  If the #'s all check out, you should have no problem.

I have a question.

Not to thread jack, but I started building credit a couple years ago with a secured card with an annual fee. Now that I'm in the 700s, I got an actual credit card. I know I shouldn't close the card, but how the hell do I get out of that annual fee without closing it and hurting my credit?

kthxbye.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

800 score is very doable, I flirted with it when I was 22-23, i'm 24 now and incurred more debt so my score is around 770 now, checked it the other day thru USAA. And Audi if you're at a ~750 credit score I think your auto loan rate will be very good (should actually qualify for the best don't accept less) even if you've never had a car loan
laugh.gif

I see you down with the "Group" homie. Best bank/insurance EVAR!!! But gotta be on the inside or a relative of somebody on the inside.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

They're going to look at your job income (they will ask for a paystub), what's in your bank account(s), and obviously run your credit score.  If the #'s all check out, you should have no problem.

Also, I'm sure that makes all the diff with down payment. You know when Audi does their Subvented Lease Deals? I might also try a lease takeover first an thatll get me a history with vw/audi financial.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

800 score is very doable, I flirted with it when I was 22-23, i'm 24 now and incurred more debt so my score is around 770 now, checked it the other day thru USAA. And Audi if you're at a ~750 credit score I think your auto loan rate will be very good (should actually qualify for the best don't accept less) even if you've never had a car loan
laugh.gif

I see you down with the "Group" homie. Best bank/insurance EVAR!!! But gotta be on the inside or a relative of somebody on the inside.

You know it! All USAA everything! They're like the best company in America!
pimp.gif
srs

USAA is for military members right? Well 703 don't you work for the Feds? Only way is gov't employee or military right?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Where do yall check your scores? I'm sure mine is pretty high but I haven't checked in a while.

was just about to ask this checked it last year because NT posted a link to the free once a year website scores to check all 3 of your credit scores.

help is appreciated
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I use CreditKarma.  Completely free and allows you to check your score as frequently as you wish.
Just signed up and checked mine... Main score says 737... Probably because I still have like 6k in student loans and some $$$ on my CC?  (I pay my CC's off monthly before interest is charged.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
srs

School me to USAA bros!

Also, I'm sure that makes all the diff with down payment. You know when Audi does their Subvented Lease Deals? I might also try a lease takeover first an thatll get me a history with vw/audi financial.
You'll be much more attractive to Audi (or any car company) for a lease with a larger down payment, but I wouldn't go more than 10% of the car's value for a lease down payment.  It's kind of just throwing money away.  I'm sure you're aware of this.

Yes I am, I think I read before that 20% down on a car takes care of the first year depreciation.

simple answer to your original question OP is to use the simulation tools on Identity Guard or Credit Karma. They have all kinds of scenarios and how it affects your score, not sure how accurate it actually is, but it gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Just like someone said earlier, time is also a big factor but other aspects come into play as well

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

pimp.gif
srs

School me to USAA bros!

I just run my car insurance through USAA. Where can I check my credit score? Anything else I should be using USAA for?

Credit Karma says I have a thin file. Only one credit card for the last two years and I don't have any late payments. I've been wanting to get another CC. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also wondering if store cards affect your credit as much as Visa/MasterCard etc.?

Back
Top Bottom