BET founder is ashamed of what the Newtwork has become.

5th i'm not sure how old you are (don't take that as an insult/jab),but BET WAS actually good T.V. at one point.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

When Viacom bought them out in 2000, Sheila and Bob pocketed $1.3 billion—making them, pre-Oprah, the nation’s first African-American billionaires.

So today she must be extremely proud of her baby, right?

“Don’t even get me started,

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

5th i'm not sure how old you are (don't take that as an insult/jab),but BET WAS actually good T.V. at one point.
nahh man, it was always a video channel.
im 28, so i remember watching video soul and all that.

Who's old enough to remember ''Teen Summit?''

...and if you sell your daughter to a group of rapists, you're not allowed to cringe at her screams when they gangbang her.

Bob Johnson isn't ashamed of @%%% - he cashed out and doesn't give two %*%$# about what's on that network...

...c'mon now, who'd you think ''Pierre'' from ''Bamboozled'' was supposed to be?

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

When Viacom bought them out in 2000, Sheila and Bob pocketed $1.3 billion—making them, pre-Oprah, the nation’s first African-American billionaires.

So today she must be extremely proud of her baby, right?

“Don’t even get me started,

laugh.gif
Oh ok I see you 5th.
I guess I was talking about the quality of music as opposed to the network itself.
The vids weren't bad at all back then.^^^^^Yeah ILL I definitely remember Teen Summit.I actually knew one of the Teen Summit dancers.

Has he watched the network lately? It's just a bunch of tv shows. BET was far more embarrassing when they were showing those ridiculous music videos all day a couple of years ago.

Bob Johnson is like four years too late with this criticism.

With a steady dose of Jamie Foxx, Everybody Hates Chris, and The Game, this is best BET has been in years.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Has he watched the network lately? It's just a bunch of tv shows. BET was far more embarrassing when they were showing those ridiculous music videos all day a couple of years ago.

With a steady dose of Jamie Foxx, Everybody Hates Chris, and The Game, this is best BET has been in years.

If you call re-runs of failed T.V. shows "good t.v."

Seriously, I'd rather watch videos than re-runs of Jamie !%@#*% Foxx show
laugh.gif

90's BET > Current BET

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

yall acting like BET was good before he sold it

106 & park with AJ & free was cant miss tv bro...i used to rush home to catch it...& rapcity with big tigger was beyond great along with bet un-cut ....saying BET was never good is ignorant...90's BET > Current BET

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

106 & park with AJ & free was cant miss tv bro...i used to rush home to catch it...& rapcity with big tigger was beyond great along with bet un-cut ....saying BET was never good is ignorant... 90's BET > Current BET

Profit made with current BET>Profit made with 90s BET

Dont forget this is a business.

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If you call re-runs of failed T.V. shows "good t.v."

Seriously, I'd rather watch videos than re-runs of Jamie !%@#*% Foxx show
laugh.gif

90's BET > Current BET
I'll take re-runs over the buffoonery they were showing in the mid 2000's every time.

the money he earned took the place of the guilt over what he was doing
now that he has had time to reflect coupled with being even less redeeming
he may be upset with himself

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

106 & park with AJ & free was cant miss tv bro...i used to rush home to catch it...& rapcity with big tigger was beyond great along with bet un-cut ....saying BET was never good is ignorant... 90's BET > Current BET

Profit made with current BET>Profit made with 90s BET

Dont forget this is a business.
Except you're wrong.
BET has lost tons of money. Why do you think they cancelled all of their original shows?

Because they can't afford to fund them anymore genius. 

Newsflash....when businesses are profitable...they expand... When they're losing money....they downsize. Like how BET took all of its shows off the air.

I take it you're not an MBA.....

And what did Bob think was going to happen when he sold BET to a group of rich white men? #comeonson Don't try to pretend you care now. You sold out your company to get rich. Period. 

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

He's the one that sold it to the people who destroyed it.

I can understand getting money, but dude is pretty much the definition of a "sell out"
/Thread.
word they sold the %!!$...now they ashamed of it..+!+! outta here

I be prayn to w/e god is out there for timewarner in manhattan to get MTV jams....

RapCity
BET Uncut
106 & Park (with Free and the lizard man)
Cita's World
Teen Summit

So, they're ashamed...but gave the green-light for this back in 99'?

cita.jpg

don't sit there with a holier-than-thou attitude when you were part of the problem yourselves....

and Sheila Johnson
laugh.gif
How'd she get her money in the first place?

hello, she sold it. If she didnt want it to change, she should have kept it.
The company has to make back their investment+ more . they give people what they want

Back
Top Bottom