Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

There was no way Chuck was gonna cop to extortion. I feel like Jimmy didn't really want to stop being a lawyer or even help Kim at that point giving Chuck that kind of option :lol:

It was good stuff though. He didn't even try to manipulate it, he let Chuck come to the conclusion that this is a crime but it'll be okay cuz nobody is gonna find out.

From what I saw though, Chuck really didn't have much to do with Kim getting punished. I feel like Howard does that regardless. Cuz even though he realizes it was Chuck all along Howard is still a bit of a douchey prick.

Last edited:
Tuco goin away long term, we're YEARS from Walt/Saul, no?

Bustin Kim for somethin that goes down at another firm. :smh:

Good episode. Mike's plan was brilliant. I love how he slipped into the passive old man role, I also like how nacho peeped it and played along, ESPECIALLY when he dipped as soon as tuco dismissed him.

Kim is very loyal to Jimmy, she was torn because she didn't want to reveal that Jimmy basically lied to her when he implied that he ran the commercial by the partners. I didn't think it was THAT big of a deal, until I thought about how my boss would react if I did something similar. I kinda think dude is being od by saying that his clients would be embarrassed to be associated with something like that.

Mike is so damn calculated. Seems like he's always a few steps ahead of everyone. Easily my favourite character from the BB/BCS franchises. What an episode 
pimp.gif

Reactions: g14
Best episode of the series.

Of the season? Maybe.

Of the series? Hell no.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks basically every single episode last season was better than every single one this season. There was so much more going on last season, it actually seemed like it was going somewhere. How last season ended I was thinking **** was really going to start popping off from the start of this season. But it's been the same stale *** storyline for pretty much the whole season....Jimmy and Kim's relationship and him "kind of" breaking the rules at his new law firm.

The writers probably intended to get to Saul much quicker but with the success of season 1 realized there were so many more layers they could pee from this backstory.

Of the season? Maybe.

Of the series? Hell no.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks basically every single episode last season was better than every single one this season. There was so much more going on last season, it actually seemed like it was going somewhere. How last season ended I was thinking **** was really going to start popping off from the start of this season. But it's been the same stale *** storyline for pretty much the whole season....Jimmy and Kim's relationship and him "kind of" breaking the rules at his new law firm.

I agree

Last season was way better

So far this season has been ok but this was the first really good episode

The writers probably intended to get to Saul much quicker but with the success of season 1 realized there were so many more layers they could pee from this backstory.

Agreed with this. I hope this series can go the lengths; 4 or 5 seasons like BB can get it done in a timely manner where there is no rush and a lot of bases are covered to finally see Jimmy as Saul, Mike who he becomes, etc.

Do you guys that want to wait on Jimmy turning into Saul think he turned into him like the week before he met Walt? Talking about "I'll take 5 more seasons of Jimmy and have him turn into Saul on the last episode" and ****. We already saw why he went with the name Saul Goodman and who inspired him and that guy died the last episode of the first season and then we ended that with him saying he wasn't going to play by the rules anymore....it was the perfect time for him to turn into Saul starting the first episode of this season. I think with the success and good reviews of the first season they thought they could stretch it out a bit by holding off on that, but it's turned into the romantic law drama of Jimmy and Kim and the life and chronicles of Mike. I'm forcing myself to like these episodes more than I really do...they need to actually get some suspense going to make me look forward to each episode like Breaking Bad and Season 1 of this show did.

This.

You could tell they were unsure they'd get renewed by the way they ended season one with a nice bow. With the success of season one they probably have the free reign to take whatever time they want to tell the story. I'm glad, too...because watching Mike's story evolve at this pace is great.

Crazy how Mike as the B character can legitimately compete with Saul's story arc.

Has anybody been killed in this show yet? Or will anybody get killed? I care about the characters more when I legitimately fear for their lives.

Refresh my memory, S1 ended with Jimmy telling Mike something like "I won't let that mistake happen again," right? Referring to not taking all that money, right?

Consistent high quality box will snap you tight back out of that. Kim orobably put it on Jimmy and he came back to his senses.

I agree that this season doesn't have the feel like it's building up to something like S1, still a great show nonetheless.

Refresh my memory, S1 ended with Jimmy telling Mike something like "I won't let that mistake happen again," right? Referring to not taking all that money, right?
Yes, specifically, Jimmy asked Mike why he didn't take the money... and Jimmy said he knew why he didn't for himself, and he wouldn't let that stop him again.

Back
Top Bottom