big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

kendrick side stepped Nas and Jay-z and their both VERY CURRENT and still interchange da crown for NY...like others said he cheated.

you can't claim king of NY when jay-z and Nas still breath oxygen making current music.

and for da record, even lower tier rappers like fabolous till got more credentials....just saying.

EXACTLY. And y'all **** boys running around "k. Dot k. Dot k.dot " y'all ****** aint ****.

King of NY? This ***** never even been to the coliseum block. Even Push be out here..... COME ON MANNNNNN.

Last edited:
This is the most overrated thing in the history of ever. I dont mind because I like K Dot so no throwing shade on his shine, its everybody else that is acting ******ed. Like why is this thread so big? I only listened to the verse twice and have no desire to ever listen again. Wasn't even a diss record. It doesnt make the rap game any better. Ya'll think French Montana gonna have bars and substance all of a sudden? No. This changes nothing. Now if Kendrick were to free Max B...............

Because this thread has gone beyond the song, to dudes hating on New York

Every couple of pages, it moves from topic to topic, but it always goes back to dudes hating on New York. And noticeably it's not different people partaking in it, it's dudes saying the same **** over and over every day.

That's why I don't even discuss rap anymore with people. Because mutha****as are ******s. Rap fans are the dumbest people alive. Because nobody can think beyond their block. People don't think about the music as a whole like other genres, we separate it in to regions. When it should be, good or bad, and what's good for the culture and our communities.

I can't imagine hearing a conversation about how New York isn't relevant in R&B anymore like in the 80's with Keith Sweat, Luther, Guy, Freddie Jackson and Al B Sure. Yo son, Mary and Alicia Keys aren't as hot as Beyonce and Rihanna. New York fell off in R&B. Nobody cares, it's good or bad music.

After 20 years dudes are still having these silly *** little kid conversations. That's why after 40 years rap still isn't respected and still hasn't matured :smh:

If Kendrick is claiming KONY doesn't that mean NY won? Why would I man from the other side of the country want to be king here? Because it actually means something. He could have called himself King of any other region and no one would care.
bam.

Nas is NOT touching Kendrick
laugh.gif
not in 2013, and Jay Z fell off after The Black Album.
jay-z-laugh-o.gif

e5tNQCH.gif

^^^^ - this man gets it.

Jay Z fell off after the black album. Son y'all dudes in here man. Y'all dudes shouldn't be able to have kids cause of some of the **** yall say. Don't even Mention Nas. Y'all ****** think it's a game wait till this man performs in NY. You think dudes is gonna welcome him? Ha!

Last edited:
poppin and quality music has been coming out of Atlanta for years
no it hasn't. :rolleyes

outside of very few mainstays, atlanta gave us a bunch of party like a rockstar type tracks that were hot for a few min.
labels have been using atl to get quick cash at the expense of quality hip hop. and this isn't a slight on atl when i say that. labels have bitten the formula in an effort to find the next big hit without DEVELOPING artists.

this is why everybody on the radio now, from the top down sounds like some atl ****. :smh:

like let atl have its lane. let other states and other regions sound different so we can get a variety. but NOPE. thats not what "pops." hence the artists you hear from NY, chicago and miami having to sound like some atl (or houston) **** to get on. how the hell isn't houston on but a ***** from ny that sounds like a ***** from houston is on...?

it doesn't make sense. its not really supposed to. thats what sells because ppl like us download rather than purchase. myself included. i can't get too upset at the radio when i don't do my part. i got all types of **** in my iPod but only an album or two was purchased legally.

can i legitimately be upset at ppl that casually listen to hip hop -almost exclusively what comes on the radio- when they are the ones buying the music which dictates what is popular and what is not?

In all actuality, a lot of people are anti-hype and look for excuses to criticize NY. That's just what it comes down to, to be perfectly frank.

Someone please point me to the quality music coming out of Atlanta. Haven't heard any in years.

And nobody is hating on NY. You guys are just stuck on pedestal you no longer deserve, and haven't deserved in a long time.

Man NY birthed this **** so there will always be people checking for artists from here regardless how bad we've fallen off and even that's being exaggerated because lyrically hip hop fell off as a whole not just us. Admittedly though we've lost a step or two so there's a bit of truth there.

But as the originators NY mcs were given the crown by default and since no city has really "consistently" put out quality music or artists nobody snatched it from us yet and it'll take more than a big Sean feature for us to lose the prestige.

Of course each region has a legend or two but no city or region has matched the big 3 and one of em was murdered damn near 20 yrs ago :smh:.

3 of the best MCs ever have come from one place so unless one particularly city can match BIG, JAY, & NAS I don't see how dudes can seriously talk **** when most likely there city hasn't produced one immortal let alone 3 of em.

NY rap fans are so bitter :lol:

Still using jay and Nas as crutches :smh:
Being real though, that's why NY is and always will be 'put on a pedestal' so to speak and seemingly held to a different standard.

Not necessarily using them as crutches, but realizing that the golden era of New York rap music will probably never be matched again.

I like what Maino and Kweli said. They not acting sensitive like some NY dudes are they just called it what it is.

Last edited:
The last thing this thread needed was Kilroy and ninjahood teaming up :lol: Whoever said Budden is better than Styles P is damn wrong too.

In all actuality, a lot of people are anti-hype and look for excuses to criticize NY. That's just what it comes down to, to be perfectly frank.
The other side to that coin is there are a lot of delusional NY'ers that don't realize the artist they think are hot, really aren't.

umm nas, jada, raekown, ghost, styles, and roc marciano are all better then budden and for da most part never fell off

Told ya'll a couple of days ago that Roc Marciano was the hot name to drop of the moment.

Roc ain't even better than Torae, Sean P or Skyzoo, but I digress, everyone wants to front like they listen to him without really listening to him.

Mega >

but wait, if you aren't on 106 Park, you aren't relevant

My dude Cormega needs to put more material out. Dude is too good just to have only 3-4 real albums out in like 15 years

And Budden may be lyrically better than Styles, but I just prefer Styles over him. New Styles resonates with me much more than new Budden

Last edited:
New York rappers is read of trying to put out better music once again miss the purpose and do what their simple minds can only think of which is to record diss records.Notice the better New York Rappers didn't budge they are dropping great music .The lord jamars joeybadasses ,papooses are the ones talking trash and putting out garbage.

I'm kinda disappointed none of you NY'ers have yet to mention The Underacheivers and they dropped one of the best hip hop projects this year.

Back
Top Bottom