big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

"drake washed you twice"

what was he talking about?

Poetic justice and ******g problems

How is he using 2 radio records to say Drake washed him. :lol:

Everybody was trash on F'n Problems.

NY rap fans are so bitter :lol:

Still using jay and Nas as crutches :smh:

basically :smh: talmbout bringing krs-one and grandmaster flash out their retirement homes for this :lol:

I hope you don't think dudes were serious. :lol:

laugh.gif
 Seriously. I'm not even a Drake fan but that's absurd.

Headlines, Buried Alive, Lord Knows, Cameras, and Underground Kings are pretty much the only songs I even remember from Take Care. Well, and Marvin's Room because of the lulz

Last edited:
the buried alive interlude and the weeknd's contributions made that album what it is.
SLICK move NY - you went for Kendrick verse first being best on Take Care, saw that going nowhere and then gonna add Weeknd to discredit Drake

just take ya L's

Even Maino admitted your city is week right now

the buried alive interlude and the weeknd's contributions made that album what it is.

SLICK move NY - you went for Kendrick verse first being best on Take Care, saw that going nowhere and then gonna add Weeknd to discredit Drake

just take ya L's

The hell did any of that have to do with NY?:lol:

just take ya L's

:rofl: Who? How one of the whackest rappers want to chime in about who is weak right now. :lol: @ "Even Maino" like that ***** matter. What he said could've been true but son aint got no credible input in to this.

Seperate the beast from the timid, it's hip hop
**** if your car is lease or rented, at least you in it
Foaming at the lips, looking like the yeast in women
Don't be facetious most of y'all been a feast from the beginning
This is for B.I.G., Suicidal Thoughts, Coogi printed
This for Nas, army jacket with the uzi in it
Not no Shiny Suit ****, this that 92 Knicks
This for Hov's missing 92 bricks
For State Prop and Beans, to when the L.O.X. first burst on the scene
For Queens, Pac and even Idi Amin
This for the Mobb and the purple tape, word to Inspecta Deck
This ain't for the labels nah, Wu said protect ya' neck
This ain't a diss, I don't want it to get spun wrong
And this for Big L, the block that Joe found Pun on
This **** is for Stack, I ain't talking a g
***** I'm talking a G!!...my ***** talking on me
This is for every living rapper ever walked in these streets
And any outsider that happen to think that a portion is sweet
****** been killed for less and got a coffin for free
If you ever been in the hood, I think we all should agree
This for every ***** that took what you said in stride,
I couldn't abide, some of us still take pride, check it

And there you have it.

Last edited:
The hell did any of that have to do with NY?
laugh.gif
thought he the poster i quoted was from NY the way he was jocking them, he still tried to retract the Kendrick being the best after he saw it was going no where
roll.gif
Who? How one of the whackest rappers want to chime in about who is weak right now.
laugh.gif
@ "Even Maino" like that ***** matter. What he said could've been true but son aint got no credible input in to this.
you said who and then said he wack?? which one is it

AINT NO "could've been true about it... its the Truth but keep brushing it to the side

Joey and Joell best responses

:rofl: Who? How one of the whackest rappers want to chime in about who is weak right now. :lol: @ "Even Maino" like that ***** matter. What he said could've been true but son aint got no credible input in to this.

you said who and then said he wack?? which one is it
AINT NO "could've been true about it... its the Truth but keep brushing it to the side

Joey and Joell best responses
That wasn't a literal who dumbass. It was rhetorical. Keep up.

I really can't call it on the NY sound. In my opinion, that "new york sound" was a combination of diggin' in the crates for the ill four-bar jazz riff and layering it with hard hitting kicks and snares, a catchy hook that wasn't sung, and a gritty set of lyrics that described new york for better or worse. The lyrics reflected New York's transitional state: Form a world rebounding from the ravages of crack, optimistic about liberal inclusion under Mayor David Dinkins to outright criminalization of blackness under Giuliani. That New York sound was the embodiment of racial and class conflicts, long-term bids, and folks grappling with the meaning of black unity. 

The context has changed. Black's and Latinos have been gentrified out of the city, with our roots replanted elsewhere. The themes that so defined NY hip hop (crack, 9mm's, trynna "smoke Patacki a* and Rudolph Giuli like a wooley") no longer have currency. Sure the glitz and glamor is still there but New York rappers clearly have no monopoly on braggadocio. How can we expect a return of that new york sound t if the times have changed? 

I'm also ambivalent about the social consequences of the Golden Age New York hip hop. A lotta folks got stabbed, robbed, and killed in an incredibly hyper-masculine culture. A lot of intolerance contained in those lyrics. You can't have it both ways. If we want a culture that perpetuated the facade of toughness, then we have to be prepared for all that comes with it. 

Back
Top Bottom