big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Uhhhh...

J Cole.

1 _ !

And tell me he doesn't employ a NY style of Hip-Hop and lyricism...

Tell me he didn't move to NYC to blow up....or that he didn't model his sound after NY legends....

A$AP and French ain't NY because the sound like Atlanta, Houston & Memphis but y'all don't blink to call Cole (or Wayne and others) Southern artists.

You're in here criticizing one city's music scene when your whole state hasn't been able to develop a signature sound or homegrown artist in the 40 year history of Hip-Hop.

That's not hating?

Last edited:
mainlilbro.jpg

Papoose and Budden got off . . .

But I know it's going to sting when Drake or Meek or Cole or Kendrick casually spits that line: "Your Control verse was hot . . . now what?", or something to that effect

And if it's Drake it will be on one of those Khaled x Future x Ross x Wayne x Montana x _____ club type songs where it's going to be all in the clubs and radio so it's going to be impossible to avoid
laugh.gif

Obviously you never heard of Little Brother...:smh:

Breathe man...take a few deep breaths. It'll be ok.

I said the current state of NY rap sucks. You can go through the thread and see where I have nothing but love for NY rap, just not this era.

You read what you wanna read. I know your heart pounding over there.

I already said Pablo didn't represent the entire range of spitters in the state. You need to go back about 30 pages cause we've already brought that up.

Stop acting like this is life or death. Being defensive right now only makes it worse.

Obviously you never heard of Little Brother...:smh:

Breathe man...take a few deep breaths. It'll be ok.

I said the current state of NY rap sucks. You can go through the thread and see where I have nothing but love for NY rap, just not this era.

You read what you wanna read. I know your heart pounding over there.

I already said Pablo didn't represent the entire range of spitters in the state. You need to go back about 30 pages cause we've already brought that up.

Stop acting like this is life or death. Being defensive right now only makes it worse.

I'm chilling, drinking coronas and eating BBQ.

When y'all corniness smacks y'all in the face....look for something other than "You're mad".

Cats from all over the map responded to Kendrick but y'all want to pull out the torches and march against NY.

As a fan of the culture....it gets really tired after a while.

You talking about in the 40 year span of hip hop history though.

My whole life NY got nothing but love coming up, it's just that times change.

Papoose and Budden got off . . .​

But I know it's going to sting when Drake or Meek or Cole or Kendrick casually spits that line: "Your Control verse was hot . . . now what?", or something to that effect​

And if it's Drake it will be on one of those Khaled x Future x Ross x Wayne x Montana x _____ club type songs where it's going to be all in the clubs and radio so it's going to be impossible to avoid:lol:

:x :x :lol: you're right. Will be top 25 on the billboard even though it will more than likely suck

You talking about in the 40 year span of hip hop history though.

My whole life NY got nothing but love coming up, it's just that times change.

Thats what you call hating.

A _ gets too much love, so you have to balance it out with hate.

That's female traits.

Yes a lot of NY _s was real arrogant when we were up in the 90's, thats natural....but the south (ATLANTA) has been up for the last 10 years. Their unchallenged run is longer than ours was, the WC broke up our dominance in the 90's.

When y'all gonna stop hating, so we can move the culture forward?

The powers that be don't want lyricism and content to reign because it creates more conscious consumers, that are harder to please. Not that NY has a monopoly on lyricism and consciousness but the longer y'all keep hating on NY Hip-Hop the longer slop will dominate the airwaves and mainstream Hip-Hop.

That's one of the reasons Kendrick even said the KONY line, he was trying to shake up the order of things. It wasn't a shot at the city.

A5_TOAJCcAE6oBs.jpg:large

Last edited:
Thought the Hitlers vids were played but that mess had me :rofl: at some parts.
"I heard that f_____ imitation he did of me!"
"Everytime he raps he sounds like he's begging you not to beat his ***!"
:rofl: :rofl:

I think Buddens had the best response. Showed some love and and got at em at the same time. Letting dude know he and NY felt disrespected regardless of what the line meant.

Loved the Trinidad line. Yeah I'm from Atl, born and raised, but I haven't enjoyed the music here for years.

Last edited:
This back and forth between you two is :lol:

Btw Goldenchild; there are a lot of nice emcees reppin NC. Being a fan of lrycsim I know you'd appreciate them.

Back
Top Bottom