big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

The more I read the replies in here the more I realize how disconnected I am from most of you. I am an older head and have always been an avid passionate fan. The blanket statements being made in here regarding regions and some of the artist mentioned (if you can even qualify them as such) is an embarrassment to this entire culture. The Internet allows people from all over the globe to communicate with each other and share ideas and opinions. It's a shame this forum is made up of a lot of close minded individuals with way too much regional bias. Every talk radio show I have heard discussing this topic are on a complete different echelon than this thread. Cats like Sway, Premo, 9th Wonder, Young Guru and countless of other artist I admire appear to get what this thread doesn't. This verse by KL wasn't meant to diss NY, only the simpletons would see it as such. His verse was meant to spark a much needed change in the environment of rap music. To hear a lot of you go back and forth on some nonsense is downright pathetic.
I'm not an old head but I feel you. Your post was on point.

Ice T said it best (bolded parts):
On Tuesday, ICE T tweeted: "I love how ONE verse woke Hip Hop the F--- up. It's been a LONG time since people talked about ANYTHING someone said in their rhyme." In later tweets, he added, "I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of replies and diss tracks. Don't trip. It's just Hip Hop. ... Hey, Hip Hop stripes are born in battle. Me and LL (Cool J) did our thing back in the day. It's part of the game."
All of y'all need to chill.

This is how I feel right now...

Last edited:
Interscope Records preventing Fabolous from dropping his Control Freestyle

Ice‏@OfficiallyIce
When u got [Redacted] callin Fab tellin him to not drop his record, there's a bigger issue here. But whatever.

Man, aint like Fab had it recorded or anything. Son askin if any studios were open after he heard it like he was gon be the first to sound off.

sort of like how a lot of you are using Bun B, Outkast, Goodie Mobb and Scarface as lyrical southern rappers :rolleyes

U sound foolish and bitter too :lol:

KRIT, J Cole, Curren$y, Tito Lopez, Kevin Gates are only some of the great and relatively new talent from the south. All w/ different styles.

Not to mention u jumped a whole generation of great rap artist like Tip (the creator of "trap" music), Wayne (u can lie to yourself wayne is one of the best to ever do it), and Ludacris.

Ontop of that u still have a ton of guys that may not be lyricist but still make great songs and music. There's such a wide range of diversity in southern music which is why we never fall off :lol:

"I ain't from Houston but I rap alot" - :smokin the south been running rap you and the sucka MCs u download just won't admit it :lol:

Last edited:
Oh and I'm not shocked interscope cut the check to keep certain artist from dropping response records BUT why call fab and tell fab not to drop a record? Is it b/c he kinda has a fan base big enough to push his response record? B/c interscope already had two of their own artist come at Kendrick on the track both o which are better rappers than fab :lol:

Cassidy  said he tired of all the rapping about dope, the cars and all of that, but he still on the same ****. It's been 10 years almost, and this in**a still is on that I'm a hustla BS
da problem is you think cuz he got da same flow he's not spitting completely different ****..c'mon b

timeless flows feel timeless.

Back
Top Bottom