big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

This thread is something else. :lol:

Lupe's prime was like 2 albums then dude started losing his mind. Kendrick is getting better with each project. As a rapper Lupe was a lil better during Food & Liquor but as a album GKMC > Food & Liquor IMO.
Not saying that Kendrick wont be better at some point, he very well may, but lets let it happen. People are always too eager to throw someone on a pedestal.

And lets be real, as far as wordplay and complexity, Kendrick is nowhere near Lupe at his best right now. Kendrick can rap his *** off, but it's pretty much all there at first listen. There's times that I listen to a Lupe song years later and catch another layer.

And that didn't stop after The Cool.

You signed the petition though...
roll.gif

you got me. 

Lupe's prime was like 2 albums then dude started losing his mind. Kendrick is getting better with each project. As a rapper Lupe was a lil better during Food & Liquor but as a album GKMC > Food & Liquor IMO.

Lupe was shackled by his label. He started climbing mountains and **** yeah, but I feel like he didn't have full control over his situation.

Sort of like an athlete that gets a career plaguing injury.

Tell me more of this Jorad you speak.

Sounds like a Skyrim character :lol:

:rofl: Sounds like a ******g Khajit or a Grey Beard or some **** :lol:

Not saying that Kendrick wont be better at some point, he very well may, but lets let it happen. People are always too eager to throw someone on a pedestal.

And lets be real, as far as wordplay and complexity, Kendrick is nowhere near Lupe at his best right now. Kendrick can rap his *** off, but it's pretty much all there at first listen. There's times that I listen to a Lupe song years later and catch another layer.

And that didn't stop after The Cool.

I agree with most of what you said but I just can't listen to Lupe past The Cool. It's just been a few good songs here and there ever since. It's like watching Penny play for the Suns.

Hell no!
F&L>Section.80
The Cool ≥ GKMC
Lups first 2 albums> Kendricks

If you say the concept of GKMC is what made it, then the concept of the cool, which started in F&L is better than Kendrick's story. Lupe really put more than one story in both albums, though. Kendrick is surface level stuff, but it's good. Lupe is both surface and under, and it's great. IDK about lupe's newest albums though, kinda stopped checking after I heard Lasers. Lupe has an OK ear for beats, but I feel that, recently, he has been rapping over good will quality production...

Damn. It's crazy that we argue this is better than that. We act as if we can only handle one thing and another thing can't be just as good, or there is no room for it. You can talk about preference, but I prefer to listen to two chains in the club over Lupe, both have their time and their place. We are teh most opinionated/ sensitive generation I've ever seen.

Damn. It's crazy that we argue this is better than that. We act as if we can only handle one thing and another thing can't be just as good, or there is no room for it. You can talk about preference, but I prefer to listen to two chains in the club over Lupe, both have their time and their place. We are teh most opinionated/ sensitive generation I've ever seen.
There's room for both, without question.

But I cant ignore outlandish prisoner of the moment comments.

These types of debates have been happening since the inception of rap.

Last edited:
There's room for both, without question.

But I cant ignore outlandish prisoner of the moment comments.

Joell Ortiz verse on "Cut You Loose" >>>>>> Kendrick's verse on "Control"

I say that because dudes been calling out corny raps for years. Kendrick said a few names and we got people really saying this is the verse of the century :smh: .. it was a dope verse but if he didn't say that King of NY line and mention a couple dudes names, it would've been any other Kendrick verse where he lyrically outshines his peers.

Let's see if this verse actually changes the direction of hip hop before we start labeling it as the best thing since pants with pockets or sliced bread.

More people need to hear this entire song anyway. Even with Buddens jabs at Method Man, that song is incredible.

And did I see Grafh's name pop up :lol:? I like that one song he had with Busta RHymes and some other dude back in 08/09

Good analogy.:lol:

Last edited:
Joell Ortiz verse on "Cut You Loose" >>>>>> Kendrick's verse on "Control"

I say that because dudes been calling out corny raps for years. Kendrick said a few names and we got people really saying this is the verse of the century :smh: .. it was a dope verse but if he didn't say that King of NY line and mention a couple dudes names, it would've been any other Kendrick verse where he lyrically outshines his peers.

Let's see if this verse actually changes the direction of hip hop before we start labeling it as the best thing since pants with pockets or sliced bread.

More people need to hear this entire song anyway. Even with Buddens jabs at Method Man, that song is incredible.

And did I see Grafh's name pop up :lol:? I like that one song he had with Busta RHymes and some other dude back in 08/09

Good analogy.:lol:

Cut You Loose is my favorite song on that album, although Microphone is giving it a run for it's money :pimp: :pimp:

And yeah I mentioned Grafh :smh: .. he jumped on the Control wave too ..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0SGqqzWLB8

Well new information has come out and it seems that Kendrick was quoting Kurupt with the KONY verse

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom