big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

laugh.gif

An emphatic no to that statement, not saying he doesn't deserve it, but Kendrick ain't winning AOTY at the Grammys.
Now the BET Hip Hop Awards? He'll win AOTY for that.

And the teens choice award, the nickelodeon joint. He gonna get a surfboard.

Last edited:
An emphatic no to that statement, not saying he doesn't deserve it, but Kendrick ain't winning AOTY at the Grammys.

Well... no hip hop album has ever won AOTY at the Grammys. He def has the best chance to be the first to win it with GKMC.

Well... no hip hop album has ever won AOTY at the Grammys. He def has the best chance to be the first to win it with GKMC.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below in 2004

Last edited:
LLA was better, yeah there were a few tracks worth skipping but the same thing can be said for JCole, he just bores me.

Jay hasn't been good since the black album, but if we're talking strictly from a PRODUCTION standpoint then it would be AOTY. If Cole had that MCHG or Big Krit-type production quality then he would be in the running for me.
Acid Rap is flames, and I actually gave Tyler a chance and listened to WOLF and loved it. It has the lowkey jazz vibe flowing and I thoroughly enjoyed it
mean.gif

Why are we discussing Lil B disses and album of the year? Anyways..

I don't understand why people are getting mad that rappers are responding. Who cares if they aren't "hot" right now. Yall only like whats "hot"? Most stuff thats considered hot right now is wack anyways. Its like yall dont even like rap, like pure rapping. I love cyphers and just hearing a dude go in.

You should want to hear the spitters responding because this is the perfect opportunity for them. Its about bars again not this commercial crap.

Dudes who didn't have a chance before like Los, Writer, Ran etc. should take advantage. People want to hear lyrics again.

And half the people Kendrick named I don't want to hear from anyways. Rather hear Budden or even Fab go in than hear a Wale, Meek, Tyler, Mac Miller, or Big Sean response to be honest.

Dudes in here saying they don't want to hear from "irrelevant" rappers when them the ones who actually got BARS.

Throw Los on a track with Kendrick guarantee he MURKS Kendrick.

And don't give me that ish about making better songs.. Drake makes better songs than Jay Z. Doesn't mean hes a better rapper.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below in 2004

There is absolutely no way Good Kid will win AOTY as great as I think it is.

Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album it will win for sure... There is no other rap album touching this one in a long time.

MCHG can win Best Rap Album
but GKMC will win AOTY.

First time for everything (I think it has already happened tho), but I honestly listen to a lot of different genres, and can't think of anything coming close. If it's only nominated for Best Rap Album, HOV just might take it since he's more of a "household name" to the old white people that get to judge it

Last edited:
I'm saying though, the Grammy's will not give a dude rapping hardbody like Kendrick an
AOTY Grammy. "But Outkast won", yeah but I'd bet the 20 cents on my dresser that the very much
R&B/hip hop soul half The Love Below earned them that Grammy. If they really did a split and sold the albums separately
The Love Below would get the nod, not Speakerboxxx.

MCHG can win Best Rap Album
but GKMC will win AOTY.

First time for everything (I think it has already happened tho), but I honestly listen to a lot of different genres, and can't think of anything coming close. If it's only nominated for Best Rap Album, HOV just might take it since he's more of a "household name" to the old white people that get to judge it

:lol:

I think the Grammy's a bit more--a "bit" more diverse than the Oscars, which is about 85% white males over 50 or something :lol:
I'm just being hopeful, but more than likely it will go to some Country artist like Luke Wilson or something :lol: or JT for that generic mess that is 20/20 before Kendrick, but we'll see.

Real talk if u think that Lil B diss is hot I can't help but laugh, I'm just imagining one of my boys like yo this dude killed Buddens and then proceeds to play that :lol:. I'd never let him hear the end of it, straight jokes all day because that's the definition of hot garbage and I'm actually starting to warm up to lil b. I DL chasing the rain I thought it was smooth and he flowed nicely over that soulful beat but tha Buddens diss is all over the place and sounds terrible.

If kingpush don't respond at all I will be highly disappointed that's my N' since grinding so he better say something, don't let that young boy speak your name like its sweet like that.

What does it mean that Jay's name finds it's way into 90% of hip hop threads in this forum? The most polarizing successful black man in recent history....him and Obama.

Back
Top Bottom