big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

:lol:

What does it mean that Lebron's name finds its way into 90% of threads in Sports forum? Most polarizing successful black men in recent history.. Lebron and Obama.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

What does it mean that Lebron's name finds its way into 90% of threads in Sports forum? Most polarizing successful black men in recent history.. Lebron and Obama.
Agreed.

Wait.. so you really don't grasp how ridiculous it is to group an entertainer with the President of the United States?

Carry on then.

Wait.. so you really don't grasp how ridiculous it is to group an entertainer with the President of the United States?

Carry on then.
Wait. You don't understand the power of the media in a modern society? Why we idolize celebrities and why "censorship" is such a big deal to any modern culture? Why the fist half of our century the government spent millions of dollars to form the perfect "all American" image for our actors and it wasn't until relatively recently in our history as a nation that Stars were allowed to be themselves... to a certain extent and how much the instills fears into the hearts and minds of our power elite. Therefore, with great arguments made by many great philosophers and social scientist, celebrities hold a significant, almost "God" like influence to our culture and future generations.

Carry on then.

*Watch who you idolized and don't underestimate the power of propaganda....maybe read some books on the subject also.

So I see that we're not getting responses that mean anything from anyone that's worth listening to.

Dudes are scared/saw the rope and didn't want to hang themselves. I guess smart moves, but it still makes them look soft for not even attempting to respond.

At the very least I was hoping for a "say mah naaame, and I'ma come see ya Jack!" type of WWF tomfoolery, but not even that. Just Wale claiming he's the best rapper on the planet. :lol:

I guess if the category is clown rap he's got a point. He outdid Insane Clown Posse in that category.

I don't think he was dissing them as much as he was saying they better step their game up cuz he's the best of the "new" rappers. Weak minds see diss, real ****** see challenge.

But still...

I said early in this thread that he didn't diss anyone actually, but I would expect for someone who was mentioned to AT LEAST show that his game is on par if not make an attempt at dropping something better than KL did. Oh well.

This is that new era of hip hop where everyone pretends that they're homies to broaden their fan base. It's business not art now. I guess my hopes took a trip down memory lane.

I don't think he was dissing them as much as he was saying they better step their game up cuz he's the best of the "new" rappers. Weak minds see diss, real ****** see challenge.

Exactly! **** a verse. Give me a album. Step your ******g game up!

The FUNNIEST part about this whole things is no ones truly cares...people made all these memes and pics and stuff but next week they will go back to listening to Gucci mane 2 chainz ASAP ferg and French Montana. Drake and all them dudes ain't phased...they probably chuckled at the most and went back to doing whatever they were doing. I can't believe y'all thinly they would try to respond, like someone said earlier it's a lose lose. But this is the lesser of the two losses

Carry on then.

Wait. You don't understand the power of the media in a modern society? Why we idolize celebrities and why "censorship" is such a big deal to any modern culture? Why the fist half of our century the government spent millions of dollars to form the perfect "all American" image for our actors and it wasn't until relatively recently in our history as a nation that Stars were allowed to be themselves... to a certain extent and how much the instills fears into the hearts and minds of our power elite. Therefore, with great arguments made by many great philosophers and social scientist, celebrities hold a significant, almost "God" like influence to our culture and future generations.

Carry on then.

*Watch who you idolized and don't underestimate the power of propaganda....maybe read some books on the subject also.
Bro putting Jay-Z and Obama in the same class just sounds dumb. Obama isn't a "celebrity" he's the President of the United States, which is a position that carries actual tangible weight unlike being a rapper.

You sound like one of those dudes who overstates the influence of hip hop culture on everything, ie cats who live on hip hop message boards. Hip hop is a SUB-culture. Emphasis on "sub".. If you took a census of all the people in the world who know who Barack Obama is, less than a quarter of them would know who Jay-Z is, and maybe 10% (if that) would even care about his music.

Compared to Obama, how is Jay-Z even a polarizing figure? What is polarizing about him? He's a popular rapper, In real life everybody who listens to rap acknowledges that. The vast majority of the public doesn't sit around and debate on whether Jay-Z is falling off or whatever. You're extrapolating message boards to real life.

Back
Top Bottom