big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

The FUNNIEST part about this whole things is no ones truly cares...people made all these memes and pics and stuff but next week they will go back to listening to Gucci mane 2 chainz ASAP ferg and French Montana. Drake and all them dudes ain't phased...they probably chuckled at the most and went back to doing whatever they were doing. I can't believe y'all thinly they would try to respond, like someone said earlier it's a lose lose. But this is the lesser of the two losses
Man yeah right...
laugh.gif

Got the whole rap world on tilt. 

But still...

I said early in this thread that he didn't diss anyone actually, but I would expect for someone who was mentioned to AT LEAST show that his game is on par if not make an attempt at dropping something better than KL did. Oh well.

This is that new era of hip hop where everyone pretends that they're homies to broaden their fan base. It's business not art now. I guess my hopes took a trip down memory lane.
I think thats what he was doing/saying. I like his approach and I hope he keeps this up. Force the hand of these new rap ******, thats why the quality ain't there, no one is pushing each other. Everyone is more concerned about the money than the craft. Not to say Kendrick ain't as equally concerned, but he just happens to be a better rapper than most of these dudes so even him at his weakest crushes these dudes.

Sidenote I like the label he is on, Schoolboy Q and a few others that I can't remember but are pretty nice.

First time for everything (I think it has already happened tho), but I honestly listen to a lot of different genres, and can't think of anything coming close. If it's only nominated for Best Rap Album, HOV just might take it since he's more of a "household name" to the old white people that get to judge it

naaah bro.

that's just not how the grammys works.

Speakerboxx/Love Below and Miseducation won because of the singing and shear left field aspect.

as great as GKMC was the grammy people won't give it to him.

Bro putting Jay-Z and Obama in the same class just sounds dumb. Obama isn't a "celebrity" he's the President of the United States, which is a position that carries actual tangible weight unlike being a rapper.

You sound like one of those dudes who overstates the influence of hip hop culture on everything, ie cats who live on hip hop message boards. Hip hop is a SUB-culture. Emphasis on "sub".. If you took a census of all the people in the world who know who Barack Obama is, less than a quarter of them would know who Jay-Z is, and maybe 10% (if that) would even care about his music.

Compared to Obama, how is Jay-Z even a polarizing figure? What is polarizing about him? He's a popular rapper, In real life everybody who listens to rap acknowledges that. The vast majority of the public doesn't sit around and debate on whether Jay-Z is falling off or whatever. You're extrapolating message boards to real life.
I refuse to redirect this thread more than I have. My arguments were made in the Belefonte thread, you want my response check there. This Kendrick song is important to the culture, or at least I hope it will be. I want to keep the discussion about this song.

The worst Grammy win of all time was without a doubt Ludacris for that trash song Runaway Love and that trash album. Won a Grammy off the strength of a message alone even though everything about that song and album was horrible. Never will get over that. 

Last edited:
The worst Grammy win of all time was without a doubt Ludacris for that trash song Runaway Love and that trash album. Won a Grammy off the strength of a message alone even though everything about that song and album was horrible. Never will get over that. 

Luda sacrificed his pops and his cornrows for that grammy :smh:

Prays this is what happens. Prays dudes just start spitting at each other like it's the late 90's. Prays that Kendrick takes the game back with this one Crosses fingers!

Maybe it didn't deserve a Grammy, but how was it trash?
Song absolutely sucked, from the lyrics to the beat, to the hook, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT was deplorable. It didnt deserve a Grammy, it didnt deserve anything. His career should have ended after that pitiful mess. Disgusting how they just threw him a grammy cause of what the song was about. I'm sure they didnt listen to the rest of the album, who could have without turning it off by track 3? It was that bad.

Damn y'all made me go listen to runaway again lol. What's wrong with it? I don't get it
Song was absolutely terrible IDK how else to describe it. Its not worthy of attention.
Damn y'all made me go listen to runaway again lol. What's wrong with it? I don't get it
It wasn't "gangsta"?
Dont do that man, you know its not that.
because there wasn't a Basquiat reference?

Last edited:
I swear Budden is a female, dude makes a track and tells the whole world he's not going to drop it .. then proceeds to quote lyrics from it. Cornball

There was nothing wrong with it. He's just angry that it won a Grammy.
Nah he said it was terrible and trash...I just don't see it. Especially when there are songs on mchg that are worse lol
Not only are you wrong, but your "point" isnt even relevant to this discussion. I think that song is dreadful, and he sure as hell didnt deserve a Grammy for it or a Grammy for that album. Going to leave it at that because this thread is getting way off track

Budden
mean.gif
 thats not how Jersey people behave Joe.

I feel so left out for not feeling anything for this. I don't see what was so special about what Kendrick said. People are making something out of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom