big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

That mentality/attitude towards music is part of the problem in hip hop right now. 
Not really...even Public Enemy had Flava Flav...

Digital Underground spawned Humpty Hump..

I think Parody is a lane that was lost once we got too serious in the earlier 2000's and late 90's.

Its ok to laugh and enjoy things here and there. We don't always have to be straight faced.

Last edited:
Oh ok now I get it. Dudes got to Lil B for comic relief. I guess that makes sense.

But his name still doesn't belong in a thread about real rap.

Make a thread about him and Weird Al if you want to talk about that guy. I honestly don't care what he said about Buddens . And I'm not even a huge Buddens fan. But I know Mood Music 2 >>>>> Lil B period.

Ya'll don't get it do you this is like when they let Candace Parker win the dunk contest because she was a woman dunking with men... ****** doing 360's, jumping from the freethrowline, windmills and **** and you given her 10's for barely scraping the rim.

The **** ya'll point to as his hard verses are **** that 3rd tier rappers release as throwaways. ya'll given homie a gold star for not sounding ******ed ALL of the time.

and for the last time why are we discussing LIL B

The reason Lil B is ahead of most of the rappers that dropped a response is the simple fact of being entertaining.

No one looks to Lil B to be the GOAT when it comes to lyrics. We look for entertainment out of listening to him.

I don't personally think J.Cole is boring at all but the people you mentioned earlier that call Cole boring are the same people that think Lil B is the GOAT.

This is where Music is at these days. I've been to Lil B show where it was packed wall to wall and sold out. I've been to a cole show where it didn't sell out. It boils down to the listener.

I do agree with what you have to say about "certain factions" dubbing something hot *coughs New Music Cartel* should not be the law. If your hot your hot and if your good your good.

That mentality/attitude towards music is part of the problem in hip hop right now. 

Lil B is no worse than French Montana, Boosie, Wayne, Gucci, 2Chainz and the rest of those fools.

I listen to all of them for the same reasons. Amusement.

And I rarely ever listen to them. Usually not by choice. (except for lil B. for the lulz)

The problem isn't that these fools exist in rap, the problem is that so many of them exist in rap.

Fools give props for a guy making money, rather than guys abilities at their craft. Everytime you hear them speak on each other its "Yeah, I mess with him. He's out here making money, I like that."

Its never "Nah I don't mess with his music. You hear that ****? Thats garbage. I only mess with real rappers"

Last edited:

last time I checked music artist are entertainers which is why we discussing them, why they are on tv, radio, and all over the internet THEY ARE HERE TO ENTERTAIN

The rap game will be real interesting over the next few months all thanks to Kendrick Lamar. Can't stop listening to the track. Will be flying out to see Kendrick at Rock the Bells, should be interesting since some of the names he mentioned will be at the festival.[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]The rap game will be real interesting over the next few months all thanks to Kendrick Lamar. Can't stop listening to the track. Will be flying out to see Kendrick at Rock the Bells, should be interesting since some of the names he mentioned will be at the festival.[/color]

Ny clearly thinks he is relevant enough to sell out a show.

I can say for fact he sold out here in Texas both shows. Dallas & Houston. Weeks ago...

I hear what your saying but in the GRAND SCHEME of rap Lil B isn't a near bit relevant... he released a retail albumand sold a 1000 copies.... 1000

He isn't advancing the culture, he isn't making good music, 5, 10 years from now nobody is going to say yo let me throw that "wonton soup" on. NOBODY in aminstream america cares about him, nobody in the streets cares or even knows who he is, he has no presence outside of a few blogs and websites that our heavily pushed by hype... hence why this year it's Riff Raff who is the guy getting attention.

he's selling out shows yes.... is he getting youtube hits yes, is he relevant to the culture ABSOLUTELY NOT.

J.R writer off his 6th man role in dipset alone is more known than Lil b in rap circles (don't get it confused he's not exactly relevant these days either)

Whatever you portray yourself as.. and if someone shows you're not who you portrayed yourself to be then you got exposed....

Simple...

You don't get it. Joe never portrayed himself any other way besides a very flawed individual. He never portrayed himself to be Rick Ross, 50 Cent or Raekwon.

Ny clearly thinks he is relevant enough to sell out a show.

I can say for fact he sold out here in Texas both shows. Dallas & Houston. Weeks ago...

In a city of 8 mil, they're bound to be some fools.

Anyone can sell out a show in New York if it's promoted properly

Y'all dudes are fickle. That's all it is. If the dude isn't relevant right now, he's automatically wack and shouldn't even try. You only care about who's hot right now.
The two people I said shouldnt be involved here are Cassidy and JR Writer. Even if they were relevant I wouldnt want to hear it. Garbage is Garbage

Lil B is no worse than French Montana, Boosie, Wayne, Gucci, 2Chainz and the rest of those fools.

And I rarely ever listen to them. Usually not by choice. (except for lil B. for the lulz)

The problem isn't that these fools exist in rap, the problem is that so many of them exist in rap.

Fools give props for a guy making money, rather than guys abilities at their craft. Everytime you hear them speak on each other its "Yeah, I mess with him. He's out here making money, I like that."

Its never "Nah I don't mess with his music. You hear that ****? Thats garbage. I only mess with real rappers"

please tell me you are trolling :smh:... none of those guys may be lyricist but they make GOOD records, they have memorable verses, they can actually rap, not at an elite level but they can put together coherrent logical verses.

Lil b does literally 1/50 tracks

Damn, even I don't think Wayne is that bad to group him with them :lol:

I hear what your saying but in the GRAND SCHEME of rap Lil B isn't a near bit relevant... he released a retail albumand sold a 1000 copies.... 1000

He isn't advancing the culture, he isn't making good music, 5, 10 years from now nobody is going to say yo let me throw that "wonton soup" on. NOBODY in aminstream america cares about him, nobody in the streets cares or even knows who he is, he has no presence outside of a few blogs and websites that our heavily pushed by hype... hence why this year it's Riff Raff who is the guy getting attention.

he's selling out shows yes.... is he getting youtube hits yes, is he relevant to the culture ABSOLUTELY NOT.

J.R writer off his 6th man role in dipset alone is more known than Lil b in rap circles (don't get it confused he's not exactly relevant these days either)
I honestly think that what Lil B did was bring more listeners into rap. The same demographic at a Lil B show is not the same as one at a JR Writer (Which is normally defunct dipset fans or punchline junkies).

You have to be talked about beyond the web to actually pack shows nationwide. If so we'd have a Kreyshawn situation where no one in the mainstream knows about him and his shows are empty.

True enough he sold low as far as albums are concerned but do you have any idea how much merch he has sold on the road? I'd take that over a album sale anyday. (25$ a shirt)

Also...

Once Ross bit his "Woo" Ad-lib that did more for him than I think he could have ever done for himself.

So you can't say he isn't helping the culture cause he is actually expanding the reach for other artists. People that wouldn't have listened to (Insert Rapper here) before may listen cause of the ENTERTAINMENT brought to them from Lil B.

I'm not arguing with you I just want everyone to see whats happening in the culture and where it is going. I can't walk through life witholding info from people who love the culture like myself.

Maybe I'm old but I can't say a dude smashed another dude when the highlight of his song was "you jerk off with your butt hole out".  If that's the case, Andy Sandberg and Lonely Island should be killing everybody.

Cosign the irony of dudes praising Lil B but saying rappers need to step up and calling any response not from one of the names called out wack before even listening.  Sounds like women hollering "where are the good men at?" while only messing with ballers and calling every man who's nice to them thirsty.

You don't get it. Joe never portrayed himself any other way besides a very flawed individual. He never portrayed himself to be Rick Ross, 50 Cent or Raekwon.

I hear you. Joey never claimed to be Ross or anyone but Joey did occasionally talk tough on tracks. And then he was feeling himself too much and went at Meth, Raekwon and company smacked him up and made him apologize.

That's not getting exposed?

He didn't get exposed for pretending to be a gangsta rapper but he got exposed for being a *****

Last edited:

please tell me you are trolling :smh:... none of those guys may be lyricist but they make GOOD records, they have memorable verses, they can actually rap, not at an elite level but they can put together coherrent logical verses.

Lil b does literally 1/50 tracks

Good music is subjective, and personal opinion.

Your personal opinion is that they make real good music compared to him, but in my eyes? All these ****** sound the same.

Lil B has tracks where he doesn't do that "pretty *****" ****. Thats all a gimmick.

So in the end, if none of these ****** rap on an elite level, what makes them so much better outside of personal opinion?

Damn, even I don't think Wayne is that bad to group him with them :lol:

Its so hit and miss with him. Like, we all know he is just a shadow of his former self, and he's milking the "game" with this easy style of rap that he's mastered.

But sometimes I listen to his music and ask myself "What the **** am I listening to?" :lol:

He's probably 30/100 now compared to when I used to actually like him as an artist. Now I just sing along to the goofy **** he raps about on the radio when I'm driving to work in the morning. And thats how it is with 2Chainz, Lil B, and the rest of them

Last edited:
Lil B straight up b**** slapped Joe Budden on that track. Period.

:lol: @ him deleting those tweets about Styles. This dude is scary.

And who the **** dug up JR Writer? :lol:

Un Casa and Hell Rell next? :nerd:

The problem us fans can't seem to grasp or we get lost on is that music, rap/hip-hop more specifically, is a consumer product.

We dictate the market and the brands being put out because it's all being catered to what we, collectively, want. There really is no one to blame about the so called "dumb down" or "death" of hip-hop but ourselves, fam.

I mean seriously, you think some remedial @#$% like "All Gold Everything" pops without the common music listeners making it what it is? We give artists these platforms to put out this music, not the other way around.

I just want everyone to see whats happening in the culture and where it is going.

Yea i def see where it's going..... a genre that was started to speak on things and to Intensify freedom of speech, is slowly dwindling to a point where people rather hear adlibs, a bunch of blurry words, and some comedic relief at the expense of "entertainment"

Music Not just rap was created as an art form... to express feelings, incite thought, create emotion not to become something that entertains you because of the buffoonery of it. I care way too much about this music to sit here and watch rap fall into what has now become "trap" or "EDM" whaeva the **** u wanna call it.

This is off subject but that whole styles and Budden thing is out of hand. I know Styles himself knows he can't hold Budden on the Mic. Which is why he took it to some physical stuff.

Exhibit A:

Styles himself is in the background amazed at Joe
laugh.gif

FF toward the end to see what I'm saying but all my real heads remember this vid.

The problem us fans can't seem to grasp or we get lost on is that music, rap/hip-hop more specifically, is a consumer product.

We dictate the market and the brands being put out because it's all being catered to what we, collectively, want. There really is no one to blame about the so called "dumb down" or "death" of hip-hop but ourselves, fam.

I mean seriously, you think some remedial @#$% like "All Gold Everything" pops without the common music listeners making it what it is? We give artists these platforms to put out this music, not the other way around.

I think its that, plus the fact that the most basic *** rappers have the best melodies in their tracks.

Its hard not to want to hear something thats got a great melody. Thats all mental. I want to hear some catchy **** from time to time as long as I really enjoy the instrumentation in the back.

But its gotten so over saturated. After a while you start analyzing the lyrics, even deeper than you did initially, when you just wrote them off because the beat was catchy.

Thats when we look up and we have what we have now.

I hear you. Joey never claimed to be Ross or anyone but Joey did occasionally talk tough on tracks. And then he was feeling himself too much and went at Meth, Raekwon and company smacked him up and made him apologize.

That's not getting exposed?

He didn't get exposed for pretending to be a gangsta rapper but he got exposed for being a *****

He didn't even go at Meth. He was saying the same thing people do on message boards.

At the top rapper seeding he wondered why certain people were ranked so high or at all. He just happen to do it on camera.

And the average person would have taken a L if they were outnumbered.

Maybe I'm old but I can't say a dude smashed another dude when the highlight of his song was "you jerk off with your butt hole out".  If that's the case, Andy Sandberg and Lonely Island should be killing everybody.

Cosign the irony of dudes praising Lil B but saying rappers need to step up and calling any response not from one of the names called out wack before even listening.  Sounds like women hollering "where are the good men at?" while only messing with ballers and calling every man who's nice to them thirsty.

Pause :smh:

I'm like man and Joe was supposed to respond to that? In certain situations you need to suck it up and take an L. Like how J Cole did with Diggy, because you have absolutely nothing to gain. It's like fighting someone a lot smaller than you or a gay dude. You might win, but you won't win. Juelz didn't win any points for his boy jackin up JoJo.

I agree with some of what you said but in my opinion the public has much less of an impact on what we like then what we believe. And that's not just music but everything. now not saying that everyone isn't able to make up their own minds but i really think people don't recognize how impressionable some people are and just how easy it is to manipulate the average americans minds.

From products sold, to politics, to music, to perception about a person... all it takes is enough people to say "This is good for you, this is bad for you" and like that someones entire mind has been changed. we are all victims of it some worse than others.

over the past 10 years there has been a steady push in what is heavily marketed and what is considered underground and all that is easily manipulated because there are only a handful of companies pulling the strings.

Hell there's even a large correlation on a smaller scale when you look at the artist blogs post all day and the admiration they get as opposed to those who aren't and how they are strayed away.

On a even smaller scale look at NT as a barometer and watch how the first post on most discussions dictate how the post will end up. It's like dudes are allergic to their own opinions.

Last edited:
I agree with some of what you said but in my opinion the public has much less of an impact on what we like then what we believe. And that's not just music but everything. now not saying that everyone isn't able to make up their own minds but i really think people don't recognize how impressionable some people are and just how easy it is to manipulate the average americans minds.

From products sold, to politics, to music, to perception about a person... all it takes is enough people to say "This is good for you, this is bad for you" and like that someones entire mind has been changed. we are all victims of it some worse than others.

over the past 10 years there has been a steady push in what is heavily marketed and what is considered underground and all that is easily manipulated because there are only a handful of companies pulling the strings.

Hell there's even a large correlation on a smaller scale when you look at the artist blogs post all day and the admiration they get as opposed to those who aren't and how they are strayed away.
THIS!

Back
Top Bottom