Bill O'Reilly...tell me you can do better than this... you can't be this stupid...

*shrugs* the one thing religion IS good for is SOME people change for the better...

and you cant condemn them if thats what THEY personally needed...

that IS judging, bro

OP if you've done your research, then you'd know there are intelligent arguments on both sides of the debate.

Both religion and atheism require faith.

Faith in God. Faith in the odds.

OP if you've done your research, then you'd know there are intelligent arguments on both sides of the debate.

Dudes is passionate about not believing in something. Cant we all just get alone?!?!

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

*shrugs* the one thing religion IS good for is SOME people change for the better...

that IS judging, bro
I'll never deny the power of religion. It does, when used properly, draw out the good in people. However I think there is a GREATER good when people can use themselves as their ultimate motivation. It makes the rewards so much greater and so much more empowering. Its about personal enlightenment and edification. That is was REAL confidence and self-esteem is. 

that IS judging, bro
I'll never deny the power of religion. It does, when used properly, draw out the good in people. However I think there is a GREATER good when people can use themselves as their ultimate motivation. It makes the rewards so much greater and so much more empowering. Its about personal enlightenment and edification. That is was REAL confidence and self-esteem is. 

Dudes is passionate about not believing in something. Cant we all just get alone?!?!

lol @ hawking doesnt have it.

um, actually, he does, and it has ALOT more solid evidence via the laws of physics than "god does it."

bill o'reilly is usually FAR outside of his expertise in talking about subjects

but to challenge hawking on quantum physics is probably the biggest lack of parity in competition since pac came after bizzie bone on thug love....
Bill O'reilly says some stuff he doesn't believe at times, but he is an highly intelligent person.

Hawking has more intellect in his pinky, than I shall ever come to know, but really? Dude is on the level of about 5 other individuals in the world. IF he did have IT, how long would it take someone to understand his proof, let alone break it down in the first place.

By the time, his "theory" is checked, he'll probably have a new one.
ohwell.gif

um, actually, he does, and it has ALOT more solid evidence via the laws of physics than "god does it."

but to challenge hawking on quantum physics is probably the biggest lack of parity in competition since pac came after bizzie bone on thug love....
Bill O'reilly says some stuff he doesn't believe at times, but he is an highly intelligent person.

Hawking has more intellect in his pinky, than I shall ever come to know, but really? Dude is on the level of about 5 other individuals in the world. IF he did have IT, how long would it take someone to understand his proof, let alone break it down in the first place.

ohwell.gif

man, $##* outta here kix....

hawking could explain in toddler language why the sun rises and sets bro

why the tides come about?

"where'd the moon come from, huh? you dont know? GOD"

real logical progression with evidence, there, sir....

:rolleye

man, $##* outta here kix....

hawking could explain in toddler language why the sun rises and sets bro

why the tides come about?

"where'd the moon come from, huh? you dont know? GOD"

real logical progression with evidence, there, sir....

:rolleye

roll.gif
Nike Jordan wrote:

[table][tr][td]The Colbert Report[/td][td]Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bill O'Reilly Proves God's Existence - Neil deGrasse Tysonhttp://[/td][/tr][tr][td]www.colbertnation.com[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Colbert Report Full Episodes[/td][td]Political Humor & Satire Blog[/td][td]Video Archive[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
roll.gif

Okay, I don't see how anyone can still think Bill is credible with his shtick or call him intelligent when he tries to argue stances in fields he knows nothing about. Intelligent ppl can say stupid things. I mean I'd say he's intelligent enough to get all the ppl who do believe in GOD and know less about this topic behind him in the first place.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Biggest fallacy that continually gets overlooked.
I don't believe in odds. You can't believe in "odds." Odds are calculations of empirical measurements. Don't be so loose in your connotation of words. Its annoying and dishonest.

I don't believe in God. Thats it. I don't need faith to not believe in something. You have a paradigm that suggest you are so CERTAIN there is a god that to reject him/her/it/them would indicate that I would need the same to deny it. No its not the case. I simply don't believe in your god. The same as I don't believe in unicorns. I don't need faith to not believe in them. I just don't see them nor do I see a reason to believe in them. You want to make my position so filled with faith so as to equal yours. They are NOT equal. Your faith is the same as another faith. My position is not one of faith. I am simply removed from the quarrel you and other faith-ful people have had for thousands of years. Its like saying not skiing is a hobby or not playing basketball is my favorite sport. Its utterly asinine to refer to my position as such. Don't ask me what my astrological sign is then when I say I don't believe in that stuff then say it takes faith to not believe in something. How can you even say that and take yourself seriously? 

roll.gif
Nike Jordan wrote:

[table][tr][td]The Colbert Report[/td][td]Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bill O'Reilly Proves God's Existence - Neil deGrasse Tysonhttp://[/td][/tr][tr][td]www.colbertnation.com[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Colbert Report Full Episodes[/td][td]Political Humor & Satire Blog[/td][td]Video Archive[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
roll.gif

Okay, I don't see how anyone can still think Bill is credible with his shtick or call him intelligent when he tries to argue stances in fields he knows nothing about. Intelligent ppl can say stupid things. I mean I'd say he's intelligent enough to get all the ppl who do believe in GOD and know less about this topic behind him in the first place.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Biggest fallacy that continually gets overlooked.
I don't believe in odds. You can't believe in "odds." Odds are calculations of empirical measurements. Don't be so loose in your connotation of words. Its annoying and dishonest.

I don't believe in God. Thats it. I don't need faith to not believe in something. You have a paradigm that suggest you are so CERTAIN there is a god that to reject him/her/it/them would indicate that I would need the same to deny it. No its not the case. I simply don't believe in your god. The same as I don't believe in unicorns. I don't need faith to not believe in them. I just don't see them nor do I see a reason to believe in them. You want to make my position so filled with faith so as to equal yours. They are NOT equal. Your faith is the same as another faith. My position is not one of faith. I am simply removed from the quarrel you and other faith-ful people have had for thousands of years. Its like saying not skiing is a hobby or not playing basketball is my favorite sport. Its utterly asinine to refer to my position as such. Don't ask me what my astrological sign is then when I say I don't believe in that stuff then say it takes faith to not believe in something. How can you even say that and take yourself seriously? 

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

that IS judging, bro
Take a look in the mirror man. You JUST implied with your previous post, that if one uses "God" to change, that they in fact are less because they did not do it ALONE? So would the same apply to a man changing for the better because of his wife? Children?
eyes.gif
How about someone changing for the better based on the chance that a girl might like them after? Are they any less of a person.
ohwell.gif

Religion really urks you, and that's cool. But NOBODY knows, and if somebody wants to invest the leap in a religion that suits them to the fullest. Why not?

that IS judging, bro
Take a look in the mirror man. You JUST implied with your previous post, that if one uses "God" to change, that they in fact are less because they did not do it ALONE? So would the same apply to a man changing for the better because of his wife? Children?
eyes.gif
How about someone changing for the better based on the chance that a girl might like them after? Are they any less of a person.
ohwell.gif

Religion really urks you, and that's cool. But NOBODY knows, and if somebody wants to invest the leap in a religion that suits them to the fullest. Why not?

you do have faith in something, dame, you have faith in reality....

granted, reality as we understand it,

but reality nonetheless

religious types believe in god,

athiests believe in reality....

you do have faith in something, dame, you have faith in reality....

granted, reality as we understand it,

but reality nonetheless

religious types believe in god,

athiests believe in reality....

Originally Posted by cartune

I'm really interested in finding out why you believe. I really want to know. Not to chastise but to reasonably know why you think you can't go on without God.

Are you scared of hell? Do you actually think youre favored? 

I know a little of what you do for a living from what youve posted on NT in the past so I thank you for your contributions to the world of audio (
pimp.gif
) however, I still wonder why you chose to hang on to these archaic beliefs. I don't deny your intelligence but I do want to really know why you feel that you can't be a better person than you already are. 

You don't need it homie. I can tell you don't from how you choose to address others on this topic and others too. You know you have doubts. Those doubts aren't from challenges or the devil, its the fact your rational objective nature is peeking through that veil of religious indoctrination and causing a conflict with what you know. Is it that absurd that you could very well have been lied to or deceived? Do you even consider this? 

Originally Posted by cartune

I'm really interested in finding out why you believe. I really want to know. Not to chastise but to reasonably know why you think you can't go on without God.

Are you scared of hell? Do you actually think youre favored? 

I know a little of what you do for a living from what youve posted on NT in the past so I thank you for your contributions to the world of audio (
pimp.gif
) however, I still wonder why you chose to hang on to these archaic beliefs. I don't deny your intelligence but I do want to really know why you feel that you can't be a better person than you already are. 

You don't need it homie. I can tell you don't from how you choose to address others on this topic and others too. You know you have doubts. Those doubts aren't from challenges or the devil, its the fact your rational objective nature is peeking through that veil of religious indoctrination and causing a conflict with what you know. Is it that absurd that you could very well have been lied to or deceived? Do you even consider this? 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

that IS judging, bro
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

We can argue over the ends vs the means. The ends affect society. The means affect the man. 
You and I might agree that its beneficial to society to have people that contribute positively and do whatever they can to ensure the continuity of society and preservation of life and the pursuit of happiness across the board. However I personally respect the person that comes to these ideals not through religion but through himself and his understanding of altruism and the reality of socialization. Those that do so out of fear of a divine presence or with the threat of eternal damnation often feel that they are doing so to save themselves in the end. To "be covered" Its like an insurance policy on the mentality of life. Its just dishonest and its unfair to those individuals to place them under that torment and that battle of morality they face every day when they could just accept things in a different light and learn to live freer lives free from persecution of thought crime. 

ohwell.gif
What the @+#% are you saying here? Cuz most ppl or the common man isn't as intelligent as Hawking to understand his proofs we should....????

Who do you think are checking peer reviewing his theories? So what if he comes up with another scientific theory?

If you want to be skeptical fine or just give up on learning because you'll (or many ppl) never be as smart as the person who discovered the truth or proved a scientific theory to be undeniably right that's on you. Doesn't mean it isn't right or that ppl shouldn't be educated about it.

To think if ppl decided to not learn about how the Pythagorean theory works because they'd never be as smart as Pythagoras. Such a defeatist, hold others down and back attitude.

ohwell.gif
What the @+#% are you saying here? Cuz most ppl or the common man isn't as intelligent as Hawking to understand his proofs we should....????

Who do you think are checking peer reviewing his theories? So what if he comes up with another scientific theory?

If you want to be skeptical fine or just give up on learning because you'll (or many ppl) never be as smart as the person who discovered the truth or proved a scientific theory to be undeniably right that's on you. Doesn't mean it isn't right or that ppl shouldn't be educated about it.

To think if ppl decided to not learn about how the Pythagorean theory works because they'd never be as smart as Pythagoras. Such a defeatist, hold others down and back attitude.

that IS judging, bro
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

We can argue over the ends vs the means. The ends affect society. The means affect the man. 
You and I might agree that its beneficial to society to have people that contribute positively and do whatever they can to ensure the continuity of society and preservation of life and the pursuit of happiness across the board. However I personally respect the person that comes to these ideals not through religion but through himself and his understanding of altruism and the reality of socialization. Those that do so out of fear of a divine presence or with the threat of eternal damnation often feel that they are doing so to save themselves in the end. To "be covered" Its like an insurance policy on the mentality of life. Its just dishonest and its unfair to those individuals to place them under that torment and that battle of morality they face every day when they could just accept things in a different light and learn to live freer lives free from persecution of thought crime. 

Back
Top Bottom