Billie Eilish

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
I swear shorty has at least 2 of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I'm late to the party but hadn't seen a thread.

Last edited:
She's doing it better than Lana ever did though. This chick is so many genres rolled into a perfect pop blend imo.

She's doing it better than Lana ever did though. This chick is so many genres rolled into a perfect pop blend imo.
giphy.gif

Her debut album did 514k first week equivalent sales globally and she had the 9:50 pm slot right before Tame Impala headliner tonight at coachella. She might be the 2nd hottest female popstar right now besides Ariana Grande

Watched her Coachella set and she put on a hell of a show. Had that whole crowd signing along word for word. I’m just mad she brought out Vince Staples and his mic wasn’t working :smh:

Her concert tix are hella expensive too, but I'm out the acceptable age to be at one of her shows anyway.

Has anyone else heard the claim that she's an industry plant?
she's definitely a manufactured act, most pop acts are
I think people using the term industry plant are sometimes unclear on what they really mean

it's like the word silhouette in the fashion industry, just a phrase people use to make it seem like they know what they're talking about

Last edited:
Word.

Especially in pop, so many of your favorite artists will fall under the "industry plant" umbrella if we are being real.

Idc, she ( her voice and production) do something for me that I haven't come close to feeling since 2011 Weeknd. However, the relationship between me and the lyrics is different as one servechilled81 servechilled81 aptly described it as "too angsty" to relate to. A 30 year old black man may have some things to relate to a white teenager, but those are few and far between. And majority of her songs are full of that teenage angst I can only think back to; fondly because those days are over.

She's also not batting .1000 like the Weeknd did for nearly 3 years.

With that said, this is perfection.

Went to her NYC show back in 2017
It was at Mercury Lounge -- a very small venue
Very solid performer with good energy -- Ocean Eyes live was great

Crazy to see how she's blown up so quickly, but not surprising
Her team knows how to maintain her image / style / fashion

Has anyone else heard the claim that she's an industry plant?
Late, but usually if an artist's past work is s completely different style compared to their current work, they've probably sold out in some way. That's not inherently bad, because sometimes the artist wants to be better appreciated so they turn to a more widely accepted genre. Others may change it up for money, which happens all of the time. I appreciate those that stick with their sound throughout their career, but at the same time it would be hard to completely decline making more money at the cost of changing your sound slightly(or substantially) because at the end of the day, you live for yourself and others you care for. In her case, what stood out to me is that out of nowhere, she was on a bunch of talk shows left and right. So, she either has an excellent team/manager out of the gate to give her guidance to the industry or the media jumped on an opportunity to interview a rapidly growing artist.

Back on topic, her music is okay and I wouldn't listen to it for depth or to "connect" with. But I can appreciate the sound for what it is like a artsy indie film I can't fully relate to or artwork I don't understand but looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom