Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

I mean of course I see why an old rape allegation is being brought up now of all times. But man, some of the things that were in the document. He and his boy hired a private investigator to hand out posters to find the girl. Then Allegedly intimidating her.

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/civil-complaint-2-wm.pdf

I think everybody should read this before we start this "we talking about college, we talking about 17 years ago" nonsense like time negates anything

However I think this is irrelevant to this movie and I hate that this is now overshadowing a very important story :smh:

i read it and referenced it in my post

whats captured in there is def scum bag level but at the same time... how much of that is true?? i dont know how much of that is true so im not running with it as fact. couple that with the fact that this happened 17 years ago and that he was acquitted and that he allegedly disclosed this and that its been known... im just sayin... what ive seen so far aint pushed me to the "no return" position

there is a phone convo transcript too... i read all that. from how Nate was talking this looks like victim had a train ran on her and regretted it.

how do we know thats not the case?

Me and my girl got in a debate about this last night. I said exactly what you said and she called me a mysogynist :rofl: Even tho I told her that take that I stance on every offense, such as murder.

Ridiculous.

I would like to hear what Nate Parker has to say about this.

Also my friend saw a special screening of the movie in NY. Said it was all-around good but a little too over-stylized with the angelic imagery and such.

Also didn't show Nat and his group murdering white children, which I would have liked to have seen because I was interested in how a filmmaker would interpret that part of the massacre.
Kinda disappointed that he didn't go all the way with it. I would've liked to have seen that interpretation as well.

I know people who have ran trains on party O's, its not a new thing 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I believe his statement is genuine. he hits all the marks to me and he didnt even have to.

I take issue with people from the black community that feel like its right to run with whats being put out there right now about this case as fact.

I understand accountability and wanting people to own up to their BS. But to those ppl that have taken a stance and want to see Nate and his film burn, i find the logic eerily similar to whites and police opinions on blacks that commit crimes.

I also see no substantial parallels between past cases with criminals that were acquitted of crimes against blacks and Nate's case.

It's Funny how he been in movies and working for a while but suddenly we hear about all this.

I believe his statement is genuine. he hits all the marks to me and he didnt even have to.

I take issue with people from the black community that feel like its right to run with whats being put out there right now about this case as fact.

I understand accountability and wanting people to own up to their BS. But to those ppl that have taken a stance and want to see Nate and his film burn, i find the logic eerily similar to whites and police opinions on blacks that commit crimes.

I also see no substantial parallels between past cases with criminals that were acquitted of crimes against blacks and Nate's case.

If you look in the comment section on his post, it's mostly black women going in tryna drag him through the mud. He fits the profile of public enemy number 1, married to a white women and rape allegations... these ******* mouths watering for that drama.

The parallel is you can't make a blank statement like "they were acquitted" as if that proves innocence.

I dont think his innocence is the deal here. He could have got convicted and served 6 months or however long and it would still be people out there mad and calling for boycotts and acting like the man is a predator, disregarding that he served his time and stayed out of trouble ever since.

To me--- Saying he was acquitted comes after a A B C list of things to point out about how foul this particular situation is to be a story. and it can even be followed by another list of things pointing to how foul it is.

The parallel is you can't make a blank statement like "they were acquitted" as if that proves innocence.

And you can't use my statement to prove his guilt so what you saying? All we have to go on is evidence and the trial's outcome...which was Nate Parker being exonerated. You comparing this to murder cases of unarmed black men is apples and oranges when it's plenty of sexual assault cases you can compare it to. Look up Bryan Banks. Look at what D Rose is currently going through...Look at what happened to Pac...Look at Kobe. Imagine if when Kobe dropped 60 that last game and we start hearing "Remember when he raped that women in 04", even though the charges were dropped.

And you can't use my statement to prove his guilt so what you saying? All we have to go on is evidence and the trial's outcome...which was Nate Parker being exonerated. You comparing this to murder cases of unarmed black men is apples and oranges when it's plenty of sexual assault cases you can compare it to. Look up Bryan Banks. Look at what D Rose is currently going through...Look at what happened to Pac...Look at Kobe. Imagine if when Kobe dropped 60 that last game and we start hearing "Remember when he raped that women in 04", even though the charges were dropped.
I already said what I was saying. You can't use acquittal as a sole argument. The whole "why is this being discussed when it was 17 years ago and he was acquitted" is dumb. Tf? A conversation could still be held about the topic. :lol: not once did I say he was innocent or guilty but you insist on going back and forth about that.

Last edited:
I already said what I was saying. You can't use acquittal as a sole argument. The whole "why is this being discussed when it was 17 years ago and he was acquitted" is dumb. Tf? A conversation could still be held about the topic. :lol: not once did I say he was innocent or guilty but you insist on going back and forth about that.

First thing you said was how it was disgusting what he did that woman...how is that not saying he's guilty?

Why you lying

Wait, the co-director of this movie is the same guy he committedthis crime with? :wow: Hollyweird for real.

How about it's disgusting what they actually did to that woman?
This dude

So me thinking having sex with unconscious drunk girls is disgusting means I called this man a rapist? Ok :lol:

I read the transcript and he admitted to that much and I think that's disgusting. Also think harassing and bullying someone who accused you of rape is disgusting as well. So what?

Last edited:

The co director was convicted of a crime in this trial. No? You gon quote me calling him a rapist or saying he's guilty of rape or you just on my sack for no reason?

Last edited:
Another man talking about a man's swag

Battymon dem
You don't have any b.

Stop it.

Now you trying to float that gay label on ppl :smh:

That's not what's being done though.

Why yall gotta lie and put words in pop's mouths to get ya point across or is it you realize you don't have one without doing that first?

He was acquitted cuz he didn't ******* do it. He was found in a trial via evidence and testimony to not be guilty of crime he was charged with.

Nobody said he was acquitted therefore he's innocent. It was he was acquitted of this charge why are ppl bringing it up now as if it has any bearing on anything going on with him now.

We all know why this was brought up now. A lot Some of y'all fell for the okey doke given the details during and after.

If y'all dudes wanna put Nate Parker on trial in the court of public opinion decades later do so elsewhere. This ain't the Nate Parker thread.

Last edited:
Where did you read that he admitted she was unconscious in the transcript that was posted? Or is there another one?

The co director was convicted of a crime in this trial. No? You gon quote me calling him a rapist or saying he's guilty of rape or you just on my sack for no reason?

You said "commited a crime with". Parker didn't commit any crimes.

The codefendents conviction was overturned. And where did you read that dude had sex with a drunk unconscious girl?

Back
Top Bottom