Black Culture Discussion Thread

So are we supposed to not care about them? I don't see what you're trying to say.

Northwestern Professor Encourages Black Women to ‘Intentionally’ Date Outside Their Race

750x422

A Northwestern University professor says she penned her latest book with the hope that Black women will begin to “intentionally seek to broaden their idea of suitable dating and marriage partners,” or simply look for love outside their race.

In her book, “Interracial Relationships Between Black Women and White Men,” professor Cheryl Judice shares the stories of Black women who are dating, married to or divorced from white men. She interviewed 60 men and women to get a feel for their experience in an interracial relationship, asking about the highs and lows, how race factored into it and what led them to date outside their race in the first place.

“What I’m bringing up, for many people, is very sensitive,” Judice told the Chicago Tribune. “They’re like, ‘Why are you putting that out there?’ Because I am tired of people being so miserable, that’s why.”

By “miserable,” the sociology professor said she means single when people would rather be in a committed partnership. She said it was discussions she had with her Black female friends and students that led her to explore the topic of women’s difficulty finding “the one.” She also drew inspiration from her time chatting with middle-class Black families in Evanston and other communities across Chicago.

Judice makes one thing clear, however; the purpose of her book is NOT to tear down Black men as suitable partners, though that may be the criticism of some. Rather, she says there are just not enough Black men to go around thanks to factors like higher mortality and high rates of incarceration due to systemic racism.

"Intentionally"

Isn't that how all dating works no matter race? Do people accidentally end up in relationships?

We aren't the same people though.....that's all we share in common is skin color.
They look the other way with Black American issues and always have
This is not true at all..if anything black immigrants are looked at/treated as outsiders amongst the black Americans at times...

Last edited:
We aren't the same people though.....that's all we share in common is skin color.
They look the other way with Black American issues and always have

well that there are important distinctions is the point of the article, and i think it is an oversimplification to say "They look the other way with Black American issues and always have" partly because many of the things that affect black americans also affect black immigrants...immigrants may not think they have the necessary agency in a foreign country, as well as potentially being in a particularly vulnerable circumstance where they may not fully understand the culture, laws, rights afforded them, then there is the reality that the remittances of immigrants are relied on...

"Intentionally"

Isn't that how all dating works no matter race? Do people accidentally end up in relationships?

sure, i think instead of 'intentionally' the writer prolly means 'with intentionality' or 'actively pursue'

This is not true at all..if anything black immigrants are looked at/treated as outsiders amongst the black Americans at times...

Who teaches these first and second generation African immigrants about Black life in America?...Who propagates these stereotypes and misrepresentation?...Who gives these folks a fun house mirror lay of the land?...white folk!...They have a vested interest in working these colonial divide and conquer minds games to make sure we don't find common cause with each other...WE are responsible for teaching them what you made perfectly clear...that our resistance, our shed blood created the climate that they could make a life here.

This sista has a very valid point

That last sentence is such BS. When I hear about Black women on social media pushing to date outside their race, it feels like propaganda to make black men to look bad. That last sentence :smh:

Basically “lets end white supremacy harming black men by hooking up with white men”.

Who teaches these first and second generation African immigrants about Black life in America?...Who propagates these stereotypes and misrepresentation?...Who gives these folks a fun house mirror lay of the land?...white folk!...They have a vested interest in working these colonial divide and conquer minds games to make sure we don't find common cause with each other...WE are responsible for teaching them what you made perfectly clear...that our resistance, our shed blood created the climate that they could make a life here.

This sista has a very valid point
I don't even know how to respond to you considering that you're posting someone else's comment from straight off youtube as if it were your own.

What you and that poster, as well as the poster of the video are saying is, blacks from other countries should come here and kiss black Americans *** cause y'all were the ones to make things the way they are now? That is unequivocally false and you're only perpetuating what you claim to despise. Do you realize that there were mass migrations of slaves from Africa and the Caribbean and they ended up blending into the system and have had a hand in the forming of black society as you see fit here as well as have had a hand in fighting for civil rights in this country as well as in other places? This was not strictly an African American effort. Even some of the black heroes of the civil rights movement (In the states) are of another nation or their parents are of another nation. They came here and did not like what they saw and helped pariticipate in their being a change.

Vlad tried to save that dude so many times and bruh had nothing to say in response. That goofy ***** had to tell him black is beautiful.

sometimes you get tired of people taking what you say out of context and/ or putting words in your mouth because you dont agree

I didnt take anything out of context. I asked a question based off of his response to the article that was shared. Black immigration changing the US population. His response was that we aren't the same and they are silent on our issues. I said I didn't get what he meant from that only bashing it on the title of the article and asked a question to get clarification. I didn't agree or disagree with anything

Last edited:
How yall feel about this? There are people who's tryna downplay her achievement buy saying they cant support the poisoning of our people and all that. I personally am annoyed by those kind of people

Back
Top Bottom