Black Culture Discussion Thread

Privileged people shouldn't try to dictate how poorer people live their lives, such as whether they should have children or not.
What's the difference between you saying "black men should only marry black women"?

His train of thought is just as similar as your idea. Your dictating who black men should marry.

What's the difference between you saying "black men should only marry black women"?

His train of thought is just as similar as your idea. Your dictating who black men should marry.
Well damn. Good point, layziegunts layziegunts do u see ur stance on interracial relationships ever changing? At the end of the dat you can't help who you're attracted to. Platonic and or sexual relationships can from places you'd least expect.

Well damn. Good point, layziegunts layziegunts do u see ur stance on interracial relationships ever changing? At the end of the dat you can't help who you're attracted to. Platonic and or sexual relationships can from places you'd least expect.

If you are pro-black and want to be about your people it is hypocritical to NOT build your life around a woman who isnt black. If you want to go marry a Chinese or European woman thats cool with me, however dont come to me saying youre PRO-BLACK.

Why is this sooooo crazy for yall to grasp?

I DO NOT have any issues with interracial marriages in general. I dont care, but when you want to be BLACK FIRST you CANNOT be marrying a white woman. Its really no that hard to understand

If you are pro-black and want to be about your people it is hypocritical to NOT build your life around a woman who isnt black. If you want to go marry a Chinese or European woman thats cool with me, however dont come to me saying youre PRO-BLACK.

Why is this sooooo crazy for yall to grasp?

I DO NOT have any issues with interracial marriages in general. I dont care, but when you want to be BLACK FIRST you CANNOT be marrying a white woman. Its really no that hard to understand
Why can't you be pro-black and marry a white woman, and when you say "build your life around" what do you mean by that?

Please know that as much as I see the cons, I see the pros of this your views. I would also have a better understanding of your stance if you felt the same way about black women getting w/ other. It's just lopsided and a bit hypocritical to me.

If you asked me if preferred to start a family w/ a black woman, I'm gonna say yes b/c they're my idea of beauty. That's what I grew up seeing. It was either Halle Berry, Amil, or Thandie Newton that I remember having my 1st celebrity on. But what about uhhhh James who grew up around predominately white ppl, can you fault him for romantically engaging w/ a white woman. What if James develops a strong sense "pro-blackness" while being with said white woman that just so happens to be the love of his life who supports him on his journey and isn't problematic in the process? Can he not be pro-black? Hell, can she not be pro-black?

There are many black people and in this case black women who aren't "pro-black," so wouldn't it be more of a hinderance to build with than over a pro-black white woman that u aren't w/ out of things like self-hate or fetish, but out of a genuine attraction?

Why can't you be pro-black and marry a white woman, and when you say "build your life around" what do you mean by that?

Please know that as much as I see the cons, I see the pros of this your views. I would also have a better understanding of your stance if you felt the same way about black women getting w/ other. It's just lopsided and a bit hypocritical to me.

If you asked me if preferred to start a family w/ a black woman, I'm gonna say yes b/c they're my idea of beauty. That's what I grew up seeing. It was either Halle Berry, Amil, or Thandie Newton that I remember having my 1st celebrity on. But what about uhhhh James who grew up around predominately white ppl, can you fault him for romantically engaging w/ a white woman. What if James develops a strong sense "pro-blackness" while being with said white woman that just so happens to be the love of his life who supports him on his journey and isn't problematic in the process? Can he not be pro-black? Hell, can she not be pro-black?

There are many black people and in this case black women who aren't "pro-black," so wouldn't it be more of a hinderance to build with than over a pro-black white woman that u aren't w/ out of things like self-hate or fetish, but out of a genuine attraction?

So many questions lol

1) Build your life around means - build a life WITH. I'm assuming we all like women in here and want to get married and start a family if you dont already?

2) In Brooklyn alone where I live there is 100,000 more adult black women than adult black men. Mass Incarcertation and the fact that black women are more educated than black men means that its very hard for a black woman to find a black man that is her equal. Its just math dude. For every 5 black women there are 3 black men. So obviously 2 black women WONT be able to find a black man. Therefore, I sympathize with black women who has NO CHOICE to marry a non black man.

3) James growing up in a predominately white area and chooses to settle down with a white woman. Im happy for him that he found true love lol, HOWEVER, he isnt someone I want to talk black consciousness and black politics with.

4) To piggyback off the James thing, I have a homeboy that married a non black chick when he was like 19, we are both now 34 and over the past 15 years he has become more "pro-black" as time went on. Do I expect him to divorce his wife and go marry a black women? No of course not, thats just silly.

5) Dude I am attracted to all types of women, that doesnt mean I want to MARRY one. Find someone attracted isnt the same as MARRYING If I now choose at 34 with the knowledge I have of this world and go marry a white woman or Asian I am NOT Pro-Black.

6) No non-black person can be Pro-Black. They can sympathize with our struggle (ie Jane Elliot, Bernie Sanders, etc) however YOU GOTTA BE BLACK TO BE PRO-BLACK.

I hope I answered all your questions. Goodbye and take care

Thoughts?

"Me Too Movement" has a sniper scope. Its gotten to big too be organic and real. Bro - this was 1995. 25 years ago.

Also...

While Winfrey, 65, has been open about her success and obstacles she had to overcome to get there, she stayed quiet about her own experience with sexual abuse — specifically, that she was molested by her cousin, an uncle and a family friend as a young girl.

“It happened to me at 9, and then 10, and then 11, and then 12, 13, 14. You don’t have the language to begin to explain what’s happening to you,” the A Wrinkle in Time star told PEOPLE for the March 12, 2018 cover story. “That’s why you feel you’re not going to be believed. And if the abuser, the molester, is any good, they will make you feel that you are complicit, that you were part of it. That’s what keeps you from telling.”

We can talk about individual offenders from 25, 30, 40 years ago all day long and it wont mean a thing.

Bill Cosby aint raping anyone at his age.

There are people being raped, assaulted, abused, trafficked, etc every single day.

Untested rape kits by the thousands

Just like racism...we can talk about individual racists / rapists all day long.

It's the systems that need to be dealt with.

Last edited:

SmartSelect_20191216-194206_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20191216-202125_Chrome.jpg

Jordan never having ownership of nike / blacks setting the standard for entertainment music arts but never being put in position to own companies

Back
Top Bottom