BLACK FRIDAY 2009!!! THE FALL OUT!!! STORIES & BOUNTIES!!!

Damn...gotta keep an eye out...I wanna cop a 40"+ for my living room + a PS3...

My damn xbox just got the RROD.

The day after the xbox sale, smh.

Could of used that 100$ gift card on MW2 and Left for dead 2

F UUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this may be a bit to much to ask, but could some of you HDTV/LCD/Plasma TV experts kinda break down what are good buys and what are not? As it pertainsto the TV's listed so far in the ad's?

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I just thought I'd ask.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

I wouldnt really worry about lining up too early like in the past cuz yall gotta realize that the jobless rate is 10.2% and climbing.
I'm just saying
grin.gif

Honestly the jobless rate along with everything else is out the window for Black Friday. People gon run out anyway for what they perceive to be a good dealregardless of the situation. I have the day off and I've yet to see anything that warrants me gettn up early. I'm gonna try to cop the AJ 12 FluGames prior to that Friday so I won't have to deal with the crowds at all.

Going to Wal-Mart on BF? A few tips for success!
Revived from my archive...

In my extended family, I'm always the one who hits up Wal-Mart. Happens every year. I've been a BF Wal-Mart competitor (yes, this is a sport) for thelast 8 years consecutively. I have a must read for those of you who may need some extra information, all the way down to n00bs.

First and foremost, none of the items are revealed until EXACTLY 5 AM. (Some Wal-Mart's may not adhere strictly to this policy, but most do). Items at mylocal area are on a pallet and 'wrapped' in black plastic until exactly 5 AM. After this, it's an absolute madhouse!!

1. The ad day (Thanksgiving for most, leaked ads for others) make a game plan. Find products listed at other retailers that Wal-Mart also carries. PriceMatching is a great way to extend those precious doorbuster hours. It's usually 5ish till 11:00.

2. Go to Wal-Mart at around 2-3 AM. The Wal-Mart in my area opens at Midnight to start preparing for BF, they are only closed on Thanksgiving Day. Startshopping those PM's way before 5AM! My cart is usually full with PM products (on a speadsheet, cross referenced by store and page number of their ad). Atthe most, the cashier asks about the first two price match items. After it is clear that I have my ducks in a row, they stop the silly games and just ask whatthe price is, no proof.

3. TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU! The only reason you need a team-member (usually a neice) is to babysit your cart. Having a cart-sitter will help you literally zoomthrough the store. Put them in a nice, central location so you can unload into the cart as needed. Guiding a cart and trying to get to that last 600 ThreadCount Sheet set or Portable DVD Player with 14 carts in front of you is frustrating. TRUST ME!

4. DON'T freak out! If what you wanted seems to have been picked over by the buzzards, calm down. Last year I found the very same item (with identical UPC)on the regular isle. I had been willing to trample over the blue-haired lady in front of me to get the 600 TC Sheet set for $39.XX. They were OUT. I simplywent down the isle with sheet sets and found the indentical item on the shelf - tons of them! (This was not the case with the idog, completely differentpackaging for the $10.XX doorbuster, so be careful!)

4. A. DON'T FREAK OUT again! If you can't find it there, immediately prowl the checkout lines!!!! MANY people grab way too much in their excitement(guilty) and then have a change of heart at the checkout line. You can actually just skip the "unwrapping" of pallets and get most items on the flooror shelves IN or aournd the checkout. Again, I've found many doorbusters this way. Don't just check there, though. Many items can be found strewnthroughout the store as people have second thoughts (or not enough room in their carts).

5. Don't tick off ALL of the employee's. I have had some of them ready to slap my hands when I tried to see what was under the black-plastic palletwrapping (prior to 5 AM). Someone seemed really ticked that she had to work that day. DON'T tell them that they should get another job. Especially try notto commiserate loudly with other shoppers about what a witch she is. She might be the one bringing out the pallet of Portable DVD players later. And she WILLplace them far, far away from YOU.

Hope this helps, Wal-Mart is a MONSTER but I love it that they PM! I can cover 4 or 5 stores in one stop that way. Out by 6 and at BB or CC by 6:15.

Any time you can streamline on BF, it's worth it.

At least to the serious shoppers. It's not really shopping. It's a sport.

And really, do you see football players carrying a PURSE? If it won't fit in your back pocket.....you don't need it!

so all i need to do is go to wal mart and tell them to PM everything
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
hmmmmmmmmmm if its some steals out there then maybe its worth it this year

Buying and reselling is apparently still in, despite the economy. Type that laptop name on eBay, people are paying 450 for it. A lot of people take advantageof Wal Mart's lax return policy and poor record keeping and copped the Xbox Arcade for 199, got the 100$ gc (thus making it 99$), then exchanged it for thePS3 (no receipt) and used the giftcard.

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

does anyone know of any furniture sales that will be going on? i need a new sectional
do you have a Big Lots? They always have good deals, should be a 20% off coupon soming out anytime soon. I got my set from there, I didn'teven know that everything they sell is brand new and in the package in the back, not the models out on the floor. I know my apartment complex uses Big Lotssectionals.

But if you do some searching, jcpenney.com target.com and walmart.com right off bat, there's actually plenty of furniture stores that sell full sets onlinewith free shipping.

It's not the official ad, so I won't post it on the front, but here is a teaser of Staple's BF ad.

[table][tr][td] [h2]Computers[/h2] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
HP Laptop w/Windows 7 (unknown specs) - $299.98 *
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h2]GPS Navigation Systems[/h2] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Garmin Nuvi 255W Portable GPS - $119.99 *
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h2]Monitors[/h2] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
eMachines 21.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor - $89.98 *
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h2]Portable USB Storage[/h2] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
HP 8GB Portable Flash Drive - $12.99 *
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

does anyone know of any furniture sales that will be going on? i need a new sectional
do you have a Big Lots? They always have good deals, should be a 20% off coupon soming out anytime soon. I got my set from there, I didn't even know that everything they sell is brand new and in the package in the back, not the models out on the floor. I know my apartment complex uses Big Lots sectionals.

But if you do some searching, jcpenney.com target.com and walmart.com right off bat, there's actually plenty of furniture stores that sell full sets online with free shipping.
thanks for the info
happy.gif

The Staples and Target BF ads are on the front page as well as a one day only 11/11 deal that Best buy is offering. A $249.99 Acer laptop.It's already sold out online, but you might try your local store. They claim it's the cheapest laptop they've ever offered.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

The Staples and Target BF ads are on the front page as well as a one day only 11/11 deal that Best buy is offering. A $249.99 Acer laptop. It's already sold out online, but you might try your local store. They claim it's the cheapest laptop they've ever offered.
we got plenty...ppl dont want to buy them because they arent familiar with the brand.

online it says that all the BB in the 951 area have the acer laptop ... from the spec doesnt seem like a bad buy might have to go comp this
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom