Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

i agree and the bolded statement is def. me. i like how that sounds so that's how i'll describe where i'm at til i'm done...

"retired at large"
nthat.gif
laugh.gif
Team "retired at large" here as well... lol 

Last edited:
Even if you wear um they are gonna crack. Mines has started to crack lightly

Nike has no shame. I pulled the insole off my black cement iv 2012 pair and u can see the light coming from the air sole window through the midsole material inside. No wonder they crack so easily

Yea, even after wearing them, paint started cracking eventually on my 3s, 4s, & 8s. Anyone have a solution to prevent it?

yeah, i believe they will. stay patient. if it wasn't for the military discount, i was going to let them slide.
It sucks though, cause I get like every Knick inspired colorway to wear to games, but imma have to wait on that one $250.00 too steep. 

Thats wasup that you got the Military discount on them! They def. worth it with a disc. really nice. 

Yea, even after wearing them, paint started cracking eventually on my 3s, 4s, & 8s. Anyone have a solution to prevent it?
Damn I haven't seen any 8s cracking yet. Not the 2013 ones they released anyways. The bugs bunny's and Playoffs.

Last edited:
I came to a conclusion that driving does harm to my sneakers more than walking. So when if I wear a shoe where the midsole cracks I wear it out the house throw on flyknits in the car, then throw the shoe on before I get out the car. Its a process but it beats that nasty paint cracking. My bred 4s have not cracked yet, worn about 15 times for more than a couple hours each time. Other option repaint them yourself with angelus three to four coats of whatever is cracking and it will not crack, did this with my black cement threes. 

I came to a conclusion that driving does harm to my sneakers more than walking. So when if I wear a shoe where the midsole cracks I wear it out the house throw on flyknits in the car, then throw the shoe on before I get out the car. Its a process but it beats that nasty paint cracking. My bred 4s have not cracked yet, worn about 15 times for more than a couple hours each time. Other option repaint them yourself with angelus three to four coats of whatever is cracking and it will not crack, did this with my black cement threes. 
You're right driving does ruin shoes. I've lost many pairs to my car cause of the rubbing at the heel area.

You're right driving does ruin shoes. I've lost many pairs to my car cause of the rubbing at the heel area.
Yeah, so I just keep a pair of beat knits in my trunk and if I know im gonna wear something where the paint cracks throw those on then throw on my shoes before I go wherever. My gf laughs at me and thinks its dumb but paint cracking makes me cringe. 

Probably not for free. Sometimes places take a week or two to charge you
yeah, either way i'm good... i can always say i never received them  
laugh.gif
  my order list says cancelled, and they even sent me an email saying they had to cancel my order due to availability

Now, I can sleep. The week of Greatness was nice.

Enjoy December, mi gente!
It's amazing how much the infrared color varies in the pics people have posted.  Some look like a fire red, or at least nowhere near any shade of pink, while others look so obviously pink.  Like this pic above....it looks straight up pink! Wonder if there's a variance from factory to factory or if it's just lighting.

NDC wishlist pair arrived today :smile: Again shouts to the homey exo for that!

That's multiple without any use of bots! That mouse put in work though!

Last edited:

This is smart. Time consuming, yet smart.

Yeah, so I just keep a pair of beat knits in my trunk and if I know im gonna wear something where the paint cracks throw those on then throw on my shoes before I go wherever. My gf laughs at me and thinks its dumb but paint cracking makes me cringe. 
That's awesome!  I wish I had the courage/patience to do that.  I HATE cracking, but don't want to get too obsessive about it.  In highschool I recall wearing my WC 4s (in '89) and people would step on my shoes intentionally b/c they knew it bothered me so much.  I'm neurotic about it, but trying not to be so uptight.  I already feel bad enough when my kids step on my shoes accidentally and I ask them to please not step on me...it's not good (for me to be that that!)!

That's awesome!  I wish I had the courage/patience to do that.  I HATE cracking, but don't want to get too obsessive about it.  In highschool I recall wearing my WC 4s (in '89) and people would step on my shoes intentionally b/c they knew it bothered me so much.  I'm neurotic about it, but trying not to be so uptight.  I already feel bad enough when my kids step on my shoes accidentally and I ask them to please not step on me...it's not good (for me to be that that!)!

Same way... I can't stand when people step on my shoes now it's whatever cause of it's really bad I'm in a good place to get a new pair but growing up... I had shoe cleaner by the case. Footlocker employees loved me lol... Good place or not though I ain't trying to buy new pairs of sneakers that I already got so I try to avoid paint cracking at all costs if someone spills juice on them or something oh well..

Last edited:
Here's some comparison pics with the AJ6 Infrared 2-pack that dropped in 2010.
I'm glad they didn't use that extra fuzzy material this time.
The 1991 version used "INFRD", the 2000 retro used "DEEP INFARED" (missing an "R"), the 2010 retro just says "MULTI-COLOR", and the 2014 retro uses "INFRARED 23".

View media item 1287076View media item 1287077View media item 1287078

Last edited:
Are the quality of these shoes good or bad because I might buy a pair later on but I really want the Conocord Highs or Doernbecher 8 as I said before.

Back
Top Bottom