Black Sails (new STARZ series, premiers 1/25 9PM) thread

Can someone explain why they said they were carrying tobacco when the quartermaster told them not to say it? I couldn't hear the explanation for it.

Can someone explain why they said they were carrying tobacco when the quartermaster told them not to say it? I couldn't hear the explanation for it.

Flint was trying to find out if the other ship was looking for the Urca or really just a Spanish patrol ship. Tobacco is heavily regulated so if it was a Spanish patrol ship, they would have immediately asked to come aboard to inspect the cargo.

Since they didn't make a big fuss about them having tobacco, they knew they were looking for the treasure just like them. I'm kinda tipsy so at least that's what I got from it... :\

^
Ok, that sounds about right. So now i'm wondering how that other ship found out the area the Urca would be. When that ship opened up all their cannon doors, that was an oh ish moment. Wish one of the cannon balls hit flint right in the face.

This season was a real letdown.

What happened to the other ship that was with them? I thought Flint had them signaled to carry on? The timing of the mutiny didn't make any sense at all. Furthermore, the second mutiny doesn't even make sense when you tie it in with the first mutiny. The guy they wanted to be their captain was going to be even more reckless with their lives than Flint ever would've. They gripped about not going after the big bouties, then when the biggest of them all in right in front of them they start a mutiny.
The writing is just plain nonsenisical and sucks

Last edited:
Yeah it was the season finale. Surprised it was renewed for a 10 episode 2nd season. Show hasn't had much buzz or attention on it. I do think the theme song, intro sequence, and the hot prostitutes they have are awesome. Starz is really struggling to find another hit after spartacus.

Yeah it was the season finale. Surprised it was renewed for a 10 episode 2nd season. Show hasn't had much buzz or attention on it. I do think the theme song, intro sequence, and the hot prostitutes they have are awesome. Starz is really struggling to find another hit after spartacus.

QFT, I like Da Vinci though and Magic City wasn't that bad.

Watched a few episodes of da vinci's demons. Wasn't bad but it's just weird how they made him into an action hero. kelsey grammer won a golden globe for that show he had but it only lasted one season.

^i was bummed out that the bald dude got got.
That was my fav character.

Yeah was pretty surprised by that. Made it more realistic though. It was a cutthroat lifestyle, was the supposed to Black Beard who Vane offed on the logging island?

Nah, Blackbeard was in that episode where john silver first got on land and the crew introduced them.

Nice start to the season. Was expecting Pirates of the Caribbean song to start playing at the end.

eek.gif

If this season is just as good as season one, this show will become one of my fav. shows!

It's a damn shame this show isn't more popular.

Back
Top Bottom