Black/spanish ppl in Minneapolis?

I just got a job offer out there -- and will be relocating. I will be making 50-60k a year at 21....I've lived in NYC mostly around spanish/black people myentire life and I was always into the hip hop scene out here hard. Are there any areas out there where I could feel a bit more "at home"...I realizethat 50-60k at 21 is probably a bit nuts...but I really can't see myself hitting up country / rock bars / clubs....lol.....Basically are there any stripclubs/hood joints out there ...that any of yall would recommend....That'd be great. Thanks

laugh.gif
at you thinking that Minneapolis is somehow some hick town cuz it's in the Midwest.

it's the same as every other big city man!!!

north side is hood, some of south side too.

will you be working downtown or what?

^ What Playa Said Basically
laugh.gif

IMO one of the best cities in the states. Nice music scene, clubs, arts....ect.

You are from NY so the cold shouldn't be shocking, and the cost of living is pretty low so 60 K here is like 150 k in NY Welcome bro
pimp.gif

Edit: Forgot to answer OP.....Northside Minneapolis and West St. Paul is pretty hard to find a white guy.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif
at you thinking that Minneapolis is somehow some hick town cuz it's in the Midwest.

I'll workin at general mills doin corporate finance...which is a lil far from the city....but in terms of housing....i think most of their interns gethoused "downtown" (they had me in the Marquette hotel....idk exactly where that is...but i'd assume thats "downtown").....I mean thatscomforting to hear though......As long as I'm cool with a few dudes who can show me around....and i got a few girls on the side.....I'll be straight.How hood is northside?.........and also whats really good with weed out there......do the cops care/is it that serious? (I was smokin about a blunt a day lastsummer out where I'm from) ..thanks

Northside is more hood than queens ( I used to live there )..... But there is no "Ghetto" persay... Just a lot of black people.

General Mills huh? I used to caddy for the VP...A Black dude right? I forgot his name though....
Anyways....Congrats man GMills is a top employer as far as benefits and promotion go.

The Weed is Meh...But that is prolly cuz I live in Cali
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mack387

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif

I'll workin at general mills doin corporate finance...which is a lil far from the city....but in terms of housing....i think most of their interns get housed "downtown" (they had me in the Marquette hotel....idk exactly where that is...but i'd assume thats "downtown").....I mean thats comforting to hear though......As long as I'm cool with a few dudes who can show me around....and i got a few girls on the side.....I'll be straight. How hood is northside?.........and also whats really good with weed out there......do the cops care/is it that serious? (I was smokin about a blunt a day last summer out where I'm from) ..thanks
oh damn, i applied for an internship at General Mills for the summer
laugh.gif

northside is not good...cops, lots of cops, doesn't help though.

i don't smoke myself, but the weed's supposed to be some of the best out here besides cali cuz a lot comes in from canada to here.

minneapolis is actually one of the most diverse cities in the country.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Are you black?
half black/spanish....altho to someone who doesn't know me....they'll think I'm puerto rican or dominican so yeah

Are you black?
half black/spanish....altho to someone who doesn't know me....they'll think I'm puerto rican or dominican so yeah
One of your parents descends from Spain?
My father is Cuban.....his ancestors are from Spain.....but i guess its just nyc talk....anyone who's latino/hispanic.... is"spanish"....that's how i've always been referred to
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by he told on me

Congratulations bruh, I cleared a good fifteen thousand last year. Im glad you moving up the ranks man.

%++% dog....tell me about it.....everyone that i grew up with....are just all drop outs / on the block / chillin.....when i got that offer dog....i wasBUGGIN....i still am....ESPECIALLY in this economy.....I appreciate that tho man

Are you black?
My father is Cuban.....his ancestors are from Spain.....but i guess its just nyc talk....anyone who's latino/hispanic.... is "spanish"....that's how i've always been referred to
laugh.gif

Black is a race, and Spanish is a nationality. Not only that but being Spanish does not = Cuban. You're American/Cuban assuming you were born here, notBlack/Spanish.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Are you black?
My father is Cuban.....his ancestors are from Spain.....but i guess its just nyc talk....anyone who's latino/hispanic.... is "spanish"....that's how i've always been referred to
laugh.gif

Black is a race, and Spanish is a nationality. Not only that but being Spanish does not = Cuban. You're American/Cuban assuming you were born here, not Black/Spanish.

Thanks for the clarification chief

Originally Posted by he told on me

Congratulations bruh, I cleared a good fifteen thousand last year. Im glad you moving up the ranks man.

%++% dog....tell me about it.....everyone that i grew up with....are just all drop outs / on the block / chillin.....when i got that offer dog....i was BUGGIN....i still am....ESPECIALLY in this economy.....I appreciate that tho man

What is the job?

RSD and kix holdin' it down.

Just listen to them. Don't move over North side. If at all possible, try to find some housing on the south side of Lake street. The north side of it ispretty much the "line," if you will.

There's a lot of good housing in the Powderhorn neighborhood. It's pretty cheap, too. ('Twas where I grew up.)

Back
Top Bottom