Blacks Less Likely To Sell Drugs, Much More Likely To Be Arrested For It: Study

Sir San Diego

formerly brolic scholar
...Whites were about 45 percent more likely than blacks to sell drugs in 1980, according to an analysis of the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth by economist Robert Fairlie. This was consistent with a 1989 survey of youth in Boston. My own analysis of data from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health shows that 6.6 percent of white adolescents and young adults (aged 12 to 25) sold drugs, compared to just 5.0 percent of blacks (a 32 percent difference).

...An estimated one-third of black male Americans will spend time in state or federal prison at some point in their lifetime – more than double the rate from the 1970s and over five times higher than the rate for white males.

...Blacks remain far more likely than whites to be arrested for selling drugs (3.6 times more likely) or possessing drugs (2.5 times more likely).

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/soci...0-war-on-drugs-black-social-mobility-rothwell

Blacks Less Likely To Sell Drugs, Much More Likely To Be Arrested For It: Study

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/01/black-people-arrest_n_5914566.html

Let's discuss it.

This isnt new information, though. We know that the prison system is the new slavery and a way to keep Blacks away from "Upward Mobility''.

Majority of White people in this country have been engineered and complacent to keep Blacks only as a means of entertainment. Think I'm lying? Did anybody watch "College Gameday" this past Saturday in Mississippi for example?

And Water is Wet b

We knew this when they were handing out football numbers for a couple rocks of crack 

but light sentences for a full 8 ball

This isnt new information, though. We know that the prison system is the new slavery and a way to keep Blacks away from "Upward Mobility''.

Majority of White people in this country have been engineered and complacent to keep Blacks only as a means of entertainment. Think I'm lying? Did anybody watch "College Gameday" this past Saturday in Mississippi for example?
mean.gif
 Idk what particular part you're talking about but the way they celebrated ole miss was sickening 

Ole Miss has a longgggggggggggggggggggggg history of racism and they celebrated their tradition like this wasn't apart of it......

a lot of things annoyed me especially the "look" espn describe as the ole miss fan look.....growing up in the south it's basically the look of the racist w/ money

call it a reach but I've seen ****** flown out of that stereotypical look more times then I can count and probably more times than the typical poor redneck who catches the racist blame when it comes to whites 

Why anyone (black) would watch or support anything that has to do with Ole Miss confuses me. Just look at their mascot, their rebel flag, the good old boy culture, etc. They're still called "The Rebels" too. :rolleyes The bear mascot didn't change a thing. But that's beside the point of this study.

View media item 1211304
View media item 1211305

The best responses I get are "and water is wet" or "this isn't new information". :lol: :smh: While WE might know, there is a large segment of the population that think black folks are getting lock up because they are more violent and felonious. The fact that the study just came out and the responses to it online shows that a lot of people assumed the opposite was true.

Last edited:
Why anyone (black) would watch or support anything that has to do with Ole Miss confuses me. Just look at their mascot, their rebel flag, the good old boy culture, etc. They're still called "The Rebels" too. :rolleyes The bear mascot didn't change a thing. But that's beside the point of this study.

View media item 1211304
View media item 1211305

The best responses I get are "and water is wet" or "this isn't new information". :lol: :smh: While WE might know, there is a large segment of the population that think black folks are getting lock up because they are more violent and felonious. The fact that the study just came out and the responses to it online shows that a lot of people assumed the opposite was true.

My response wasnt meant to "put off" the article. None of this will change until the drug laws change.

I swear growing up, all of the drug dealers were White boys too. :lol:

I find it comical that the media doesn't cover the insane amount of white people being busted for meth labs or the current heroine epidemic we have and that whites are the largest consumers.

Society will always find a way to incriminate us for fear of our potential. We have all these things prohibiting us from prospering and blacks still do their thing. We've got black billionaires and business owners. A black president that entered politics with no political cosign or previous family members in politics with the middle name Hussein in a post 9/11 era. If the roles were reversed Caucasians would've been extinct...

Last edited:
I DID NOT know this information...

I thought black dudes sold drugs at a higher clip percentage wise.

Last edited:
lol everyone acting like this is common knowledge. Let this thread get bigger and you'll see what people REALLY think.

Back
Top Bottom