Blueprint III revisited. Where does this belong in the decade? 2000-2010

First of all, HOTR...you shut the hell up. You're the biggest AZ hater in existence, so your opinion doesn't count.

Secondly...if you dudes actually read my post, you'd know what I was getting at.

I'm not using the charting singles as the reason why BP3 is a classic album.

My point was...dude made American Gangster, which we can all agree on is a classic album.

He made a classic album about the street life, and 22 months later, he came out with an album full of successful radio singles.

With two consecutive albums, he catered to the underground fans and the mainstream audience.

Who else can do that in this day?

That was my point.

I'm the last person who will use "mainstream success" as basis for a "classic album."

First of all, HOTR...you shut the hell up. You're the biggest AZ hater in existence, so your opinion doesn't count.

Secondly...if you dudes actually read my post, you'd know what I was getting at.

My point was...dude made American Gangster, which we can all agree on is a classic album.

He made a classic album about the street life, and 22 months later, he came out with an album full of successful radio singles.

With two consecutive albums, he catered to the underground fans and the mainstream audience.

That was my point.

I'm the last person who will use "mainstream success" as basis for a "classic album."

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

The other proved that he could still produce hit singles (Run This Town, Empire State Of Mind).

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

Empire State Of Mine (#1)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 
I swear some of you are so %!*$+$% clueless. If you have the budget to get Rihanna, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats on songs along with production by Kanye and No ID, it doesn't prove anything. The only thing that old $$* %@*@# contributed those 5 songs was the na-na-na-na on DOA. Give TIME a Rihanna hook on a Kanye beat and he's going platinum.

The other proved that he could still produce hit singles (Run This Town, Empire State Of Mind).

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 
I swear some of you are so %!*$+$% clueless. If you have the budget to get Rihanna, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats on songs along with production by Kanye and No ID, it doesn't prove anything. The only thing that old $$* %@*@# contributed those 5 songs was the na-na-na-na on DOA. Give TIME a Rihanna hook on a Kanye beat and he's going platinum.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 

You're a damn idiot. You DO realize that making hit songs on a consistent basis is an art that Jay pulls off as well as anyone in music today right? You don't just throw big names and production on a song and voilà you go multi-platinum. Same is said for movies and video games as well.You don't have to like BP3 but what you said was ignorant.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

D.O.A. (#24)

Run This Town (#2)

On To The Next One (#37)

Young Forever (#10)

Those all charted. 

You're a damn idiot. You DO realize that making hit songs on a consistent basis is an art that Jay pulls off as well as anyone in music today right? You don't just throw big names and production on a song and voilà you go multi-platinum. Same is said for movies and video games as well.You don't have to like BP3 but what you said was ignorant.

That was my point.

What the hell are you talking about? What does him making AG a year before have to do with BP3 being a subpar album?

Just because he made AG he gets a "1 wack album" pass? Just shut the hell up son.

That was my point.

What the hell are you talking about? What does him making AG a year before have to do with BP3 being a subpar album?

Just because he made AG he gets a "1 wack album" pass? Just shut the hell up son.

When this first dropeed I hated this %#+%...
I remeber telling my man (a Jay Stan) that it was his worse album...

But, man, this %#+% grew on me like a mutha...

This is a really great album, IMO...

Empire State of Mind...

Venus Vs Mars...

What We Talkin About...

Real as It Gets...All great songs...

Thank You...

DOA...

Young Forever...

A Star is Born...

Already Home ...

Are all really, really good...

While, Hate...On to the Next One...and Off That are just good...

Reminder is TRASH...and So Ambitious and Run This Town does nothing for me...

When this first dropeed I hated this %#+%...
I remeber telling my man (a Jay Stan) that it was his worse album...

But, man, this %#+% grew on me like a mutha...

This is a really great album, IMO...

Empire State of Mind...

Venus Vs Mars...

What We Talkin About...

Real as It Gets...All great songs...

Thank You...

DOA...

Young Forever...

A Star is Born...

Already Home ...

Are all really, really good...

While, Hate...On to the Next One...and Off That are just good...

Reminder is TRASH...and So Ambitious and Run This Town does nothing for me...

You %*!%%$ are crazy.

If you don't like "Young Forever." you're crazy.

And dude who said it's the worst Jay song ever... HA!

But BP3, at worst, is Jay's 4th best album.

RD > BP = AG > BP3

I said it before, and I'll say it again. BP3 is better than TBA, and it's not even close.

You %*!%%$ are crazy.

If you don't like "Young Forever." you're crazy.

And dude who said it's the worst Jay song ever... HA!

But BP3, at worst, is Jay's 4th best album.

RD > BP = AG > BP3

I said it before, and I'll say it again. BP3 is better than TBA, and it's not even close.

That was my point.

Yeah it was subpar alright. That's why no one bought it and it didn't get any good reviews.

That was my point.

Yeah it was subpar alright. That's why no one bought it and it didn't get any good reviews.

i thought BP3 was a 5.5/10 at first, but the replay value for some reason just kept going up and now i say it is a 7.5/10

album grew on me

Thank You never gets old

i thought BP3 was a 5.5/10 at first, but the replay value for some reason just kept going up and now i say it is a 7.5/10

album grew on me

Thank You never gets old

^ Completely agree. At first listen, I was disappointed but I ended up loving the album. There isn't much substance on it since every track is pretty straight forward but I Love it for what it is. Its great summer music. Also, it turned out to be one of Jay's biggest albums IMO. So many people Loved this album that aren't huge on Hip Hop. My girl listened to this %%%$ through out the entire summer
laugh.gif

Now if you really want to listen to grown man music, throw on NaS's 'Untitled'.
smokin.gif

^ Completely agree. At first listen, I was disappointed but I ended up loving the album. There isn't much substance on it since every track is pretty straight forward but I Love it for what it is. Its great summer music. Also, it turned out to be one of Jay's biggest albums IMO. So many people Loved this album that aren't huge on Hip Hop. My girl listened to this %%%$ through out the entire summer
laugh.gif

Now if you really want to listen to grown man music, throw on NaS's 'Untitled'.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
its funny cuz a couple months back i was arguing wit the greasy faced ape mayor when he said BP3 > American Gangster

idk what ya see in this album it sucks...i only bump on to the next one cuz of the beat 100% grade A basura

laugh.gif
its funny cuz a couple months back i was arguing wit the greasy faced ape mayor when he said BP3 > American Gangster

idk what ya see in this album it sucks...i only bump on to the next one cuz of the beat 100% grade A basura

Besides a few verses, can someone please tell me what Jay was talking about on this album? All he did was talk about himself or his "value" to the game. What stories did he tell? What bragging did he do that made you say "oh %**@!!" like we've all done in the past? Not impressed with this album. If this was Wayne, Nas, or Eminem, there'd be a LOT more hate. Hov gets the "I'm #1 on most people's list" pass when his stuff is subpar ...

Back
Top Bottom