BMW 4-Series (former 3-Series Coupe) - M3/M4 = 430HP Twin-Turbo I6

Very nice design, love it. A bit expensive, I'd take it over the A5. I wonder if they'll introduce a 4 door version, like Audi did.

I dont like small cars but thats
pimp.gif

Very nice design, love it. A bit expensive, I'd take it over the A5. I wonder if they'll introduce a 4 door version, like Audi did.
Yeah, its called the 3 series.
laugh.gif

Naw, they are making a Gran Coupe version, which does NOT make sense considering the 4 series is the 2 door version of the 3 series.

Are they really making a Gran Coupe Sedan for the 4-series? I have not heard of that plan.

But yes, this is the the coupe of the 3-series sedan, they are just changing the name. It'll be priced right around where the A5 starts.

Are they really making a Gran Coupe Sedan for the 4-series? I have not heard of that plan.
But yes, this is the the coupe of the 3-series sedan, they are just changing the name. It'll be priced right around where the A5 starts.
yes sir, its already being tested too.

its supposedly called the F36 which makes sense.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=756322

BMW is pretty much coming out with a TON of cars in the next couple years. All the missing #'s will pretty much be filled in. I believe theres even a GT version of the 3 series coming out too (like the F07). Not sure if thats smart, but it doesnt hurt to have more variety I guess..

Last edited:
I wouldnt say it doesnt make sense, but it certainly is interesting.. They've done it with the 6 series, and there is a market for it! Hell, I'd rather get the 4GC than the 3 series sedan!

It makes no sense at all actually. What market is it for? That is like putting another sedan in the current 3-series line-up, why? Is it going to be a lower and sportier version of the current 3-series?

The 6-series GC makes sense because there is a market for it and BMW didn't compete in the segments of Panameras and CLS'.

What is the 4-series sedan going to compete with?
A4 vs. 3-series vs. C-Class Sedan
A5 vs. 4-series vs. C-Class Coupe
4-series GC vs. ??????

The GT is already somewhat ridiculous, which I could only assume is trying to compete with the A6 wagon or Honda Crosstour?

What doesn't make sense to me is the 335li
www.bmwblog.com/2012/01/12/2012-bmw-335li-long-wheelbase/
Article is a bit old. this is sold in the Chinese market along with the audi A4L. The article says that "The longer sedan will provide additional space for Chinese customers looking for premium vehicles without breaking the bank." some might look at this as budget balling.
well, if all they want over there is an executive car with a longer wheel base, why get a 7 series or a8L when all that power is not being used? not to mention the price!

It makes no sense at all actually. What market is it for? That is like putting another sedan in the current 3-series line-up, why? Is it going to be a lower and sportier version of the current 3-series?
The 6-series GC makes sense because there is a market for it and BMW didn't compete in the segments of Panameras and CLS'.
4-series GC vs. ??????
The GT is already somewhat ridiculous, which I could only assume is trying to compete with the A6 wagon or Honda Crosstour?
When mercedes came out with the CLS, who did it compete with? People everywhere were like "wth? a 4 door coupe? is that even possible?" Now you have audi with their a7 and bmw with their 6GC. 4 series doesnt necessarily need a competitor to build, that comes later. German companies will always build cars to compete with one another.

I honestly love the idea of a 4GC. I want the sleekness of the coupe, but the full functionality of the sedan. Its the best of both worlds, and the 6GC is way out of price range.

4-series GC vs. ??????

When mercedes came out with the CLS, who did it compete with? People everywhere were like "wth? a 4 door coupe? is that even possible?" Now you have audi with their a7 and bmw with their 6GC. 4 series doesnt necessarily need a competitor to build, that comes later. German companies will always build cars to compete with one another.

I honestly love the idea of a 4GC. I want the sleekness of the coupe, but the full functionality of the sedan. Its the best of both worlds, and the 6GC is way out of price range.

Yah but that car still made sense that there weren't a sporty sedan in that price range. You said it yourself, Benz hit a segment that no one occupied but some who can throw a few bucks around could own. And the size and the style makes sense.

What are they going to do with the 4-series gran coupe? A smaller sedan than the 3 to fit between it and the 1? That makes no sense because they can't price it below the 3? A bigger sedan than the 3 to fit it between that and the 5? I just don't know what a 4-series coupe will satisfy? This part of the market is already saturated. You can't say it'll compete with the A3 sedan because that is placed below the A4 and the 4-series can't be below the 3-series right there with the 1-series. BTW, there is also a 1-series sedan coming up while the 2-series are the coupe and convertible version of that. Are they also going to make a 2-series gran coupe? The madness, it must stop!

Sleekness of a coupe? The sedan is plenty sleek and plenty low, any lower and smaller and they might as well call it the 1-series. There isn't a big difference in size between the 3-series and 5-series anymore, they'll make a sedan between those sizes?

Again the question is will it be a smaller sedan than the 3-series that will cost more because it'll be badged 4-series? I mean the difference between the 3-series and 4-series will be a couple of grand, they are going to make the sedan more expensive than the 4-series coupe or are they going to squeeze that in between the 3-series and 4-series?

Again a 4-series is the new 3-series coupe, they changed to differentiate and then they are going to make a sedan version anyways? That deserves a WTF!? Why not just keep both the sedan and coupe 3-series and then just make different segment, new line with the 4-series? Again, it makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:
First thing I see:
2011_kia_optima_press3.jpg

What's going on with the 3 Series? Is it just going to be discontinued?

Its aight. I wouldnt cop it though. idk something about it just doesnt do it for me. the current 335i looks nice but starting to look outdated. I guess this will grow on me once i see it in person.

We're about a month away from seeing the new 2014 Lexus IS. I cant wait to see what they come out with. Hopefully its better than this.

If anything BMW is following audi.

4 = Sedan, 5 = Coupe

The new IS better blow this out of the water... design wise. We know BMW is going to get them on the specs/drive.

The new IS better blow this out of the water... design wise. We know BMW is going to get them on the specs/drive.

To be fair Lexus hasn't really confirmed that there will be an IS coupe, I'd be looking forward to that if they ever decide to make a 2-door version of the IS that isn't an awkward shape like the IS-C.

The first post only states coupes. What I'm really trying to ask is, are the sedans going to be 3 Series and coupes going to be 4?

To be fair Lexus hasn't really confirmed that there will be an IS coupe, I'd be looking forward to that if they ever decide to make a 2-door version of the IS that isn't an awkward shape like the IS-C.

You're right, but I'd be very surprised and disappointed if there isn't a coupe. If not, will have to wait for this http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/scoop/lexus-lf-cc-gets-green-light

Last edited:
The first post only states coupes. What I'm really trying to ask is, are the sedans going to be 3 Series and coupes going to be 4?

I apologize but I thought it was pretty clear in my post.

As most you guys know, BMW is re-structuring their numbering and the 3-series will no longer have coupes, it'll be renamed as a 4-series and here's the concept, which should be pretty close to the production version.

But yeah to clear it up, 3-series = sedans and 4-series = coupes though BMW will break their own new rebadging by supposedly adding a sedan in the 4-series anyways so...

Last edited:
^ c'mon RFX you know the average NTer doesn't read anything w/o cliffs lol

That is like the first sentence and there were maybe 4-5 sentence max in the first post which most are opinion on how I thought i looked. :lol: I wouldn't even know how to make a cliff note of that one sentence.

That is like the first sentence and there were maybe 4-5 sentence max in the first post which most are opinion on how I thought i looked. :lol: I wouldn't even know how to make a cliff note of that one sentence.

I hear ya loud and clear lol

Yeah, its called the 3 series. :lol:

Naw, they are making a Gran Coupe version, which does NOT make sense considering the 4 series is the 2 door version of the 3 series.

Well while I do agree somewhat, the truth is that I do see quite a few four door A5's on the road. And it's proportions differ from the A4's, since it has a much sportier look.

A5:
View media item 161854
Sportback:
View media item 161855
And the A4:
View media item 161856

This small sportback segment is only Audi has a model until now, the GT may be somewhat of a competitor. Seeing the design I have to mention that wow that car is "thick" :lol:.
And in addition Mercedes will be introducing the BLS sometime early next year. I've only seen disguised versions so far, although I did see one of these personally, while it was being tested in the city.

View media item 161857

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom