Bo vs Primetime vol. who you got .....

both of these guys were the best 2 sport athletes ever. but i had this argument earlier and the responses i got from some of my boys were pretty even. bo hadeverything speed, power, athleticism. deion had the same tools except for the power. i lean toward deion because he accomplished more. deion ran a punt backtook a helicopter to the braves world series game and stole second base
eek.gif
Deion won super bowls and been to the world series, bo did neither. i lean towarddeion , what say you .....

the evidence

Bo Jackson

Primetime

i cant find any vids of bo playing baseball, if anyone else can feel free.......

Theya re about the same in my eyes.Deion did far longer but Bo was an All-Star at BOTH sports

Both are awesome though
pimp.gif

Bo-Jackson-The-Ball.jpg

p1_sanders.jpg

if i had to take either deion or bo for my football AND baseball team at the same time [assuming both are in their prime], then i would take bo.

I'm going Deion and I don't think it's any question. Here's why.

Deion proved more and had much much more longevity. Deion has a ring, Bo doesn't. Bo POTENTIALLY could have been the greatest ever, but like I have saidbefore, potential only gets you so far. If everyone with potential lived up to their careers who knows who we would be talking about. Injuries or not, Bodidn't last and Deion did, and was good/great at the same time.

The thing with Bo, is his stint in the NFL and even the MLB was so short, but filled with highlights that we assume he would have been the greatest athlete ofall time. Who knows what could've happened if he was in the leagues longer. We don't know and for all this uncertainty it has to be Deion.

I'm gonna go with "Mr. Must Be The Money"
pimp.gif

I still got that cd somewhere at my parents house haha, that was from back when I was in 6th grade.
roll.gif

I never so Bo play football live, being only 21.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
But from all the videos I've searched and articles online about him
I've read he was amazing.

Edit: I've always felt sorry for Vincent Jackson on the chargers. That's tough having a name like that.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Deion proved more and had much much more longevity. Deion has a ring, Bo doesn't. Bo POTENTIALLY could have been the greatest ever, but like I have said before, potential only gets you so far. If everyone with potential lived up to their careers who knows who we would be talking about. Injuries or not, Bo didn't last and Deion did, and was good/great at the same time.

The thing with Bo, is his stint in the NFL and even the MLB was so short, but filled with highlights that we assume he would have been the greatest athlete of all time. Who knows what could've happened if he was in the leagues longer. We don't know and for all this uncertainty it has to be Deion.

No if he didnt get injured he would have been better than Deion

He was All-Star in baseball and was the game's MVP
He was a Pro Bowler only playing like 8 games
He also won the Heisman trophy

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Deion proved more and had much much more longevity. Deion has a ring, Bo doesn't. Bo POTENTIALLY could have been the greatest ever, but like I have said before, potential only gets you so far. If everyone with potential lived up to their careers who knows who we would be talking about. Injuries or not, Bo didn't last and Deion did, and was good/great at the same time.

The thing with Bo, is his stint in the NFL and even the MLB was so short, but filled with highlights that we assume he would have been the greatest athlete of all time. Who knows what could've happened if he was in the leagues longer. We don't know and for all this uncertainty it has to be Deion.

So you can say without a doubt that Bo Jackson would have been the best RB of all time.

Because to be better than Deion which is the best cover corner of all time & arguably the best DB of all time, Bo would have to be the best RB of all time

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Yeah, read that over again very carefully. He DID get injured so he's NOT better than Deion, and you CAN'T say with 100% Certainty how is career wouldhave panned out without injuries. Making this a moot topic in eyes. You can't assume he would have been the best and you can't take away from Deionbecause of Bo's potential.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by onewearz

both of these guys were the best 2 sport athletes ever.
False.

But given the way their careers turned out, I'd take Deion easily.

okay, you wanna enlighten me on who was better than these two. i can't think of anyone .....

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

both of these guys were the best 2 sport athletes ever.
False.

But given the way their careers turned out, I'd take Deion easily.

okay, you wanna enlighten me on who was better than these two. i can't think of anyone .....

Bob Hayes, you can put him into the mix for sure.

i saw bo play when i was a kid. bo would have been a hall of famer in both sports and no one could convince me otherwise.

other than jim thorpe, bo jackson is probably the greatest athlete that ever lived.

If Bo didn't get hurt he would have had multiple Pro Bowls & All Star Selections... Deion was a Great Football but Bo was Good in Both Sports..."Bo Knows Better"

Honorary Mentions to Jim Thorpe & Jackie Robinson!!!

heres an article i found w/ someone else's top 10 2 sport athletes.

Greatest multi-sport athletes of all-time
Notre Dame receiver Jeff Samardzija has chosen baseball over football -- for $10m. Projected as a first-round pick in the upcoming NFL draft, he agreed to a 5year $10 million contract. He is a going to be a pitcher for the Cubs. While I love football, I can understand Samardzija, baseball is easier on the body, andyou can make a lot more money

This got me thinking of what other players played two sports. Below are my list of top 10 multi-sport athletes of all-time:

10. John Elway - Considered to be one of the greatest QB's in football history and a Hall of Famer, Elway was also a very good baseball player. I won'tgo into his NFL career as he owns numerous records and won 2 Super Bowls. His baseball career includes being drafted by the Royals out of high school. AtStanford he hit .361 with nine homers and 50 RBIs in 49 games as a sophomore. After that he was the first pick of the Yankees in 1981. He hit .314 with aclub-high 24 homers with the Yankees single-A farm club.

9. Bob Hayes - In 1963 he set a world record by running the 100-yard dash in 9.1 seconds. He won two gold medals (100 yard and 4X100) at the 1964 TokyoOlympics. He then signed with the Cowboys, and in his first two seasons, Hayes led the NFL in receiving touchdowns. The only person to have won an NFL ring andgold medal. In the NFL he made the Pro Bowl 3 times and was All-Pro 4 times. One year he averaged 20 yards per punt return which is amazing. His speed forcedNFL teams to develop the zone defense.

8. Dave Winfield - He was a Hall of Fame slugger in baseball, but check this out. He was drafted by four professional teams in three different sports. Aftercollege (Minnesota), where he played baseball and basketball, he was drafted by the NBA's Atlanta Hawks, the ABA's Utah Stars, the NFL Vikings and bythe San Diego Padres in baseball.

7. +@%# Groat - Jon Wertheim makes the case for this baseball and basketball player from Duke. Wertheim calls him the best Duke basketball player EVER. He wasa NL MVP and won two World Series rings with the Pittsburgh Pirates. In college at Duke, he averaged 26 pts per game in 1952 and led the country in assists andwas the national player of the year. He chose baseball because Branch Rickey, the Pirates coach, forced him to pick a sport, and baseball was the morelucrative of the two sports.

6. Deion Sanders - played nine years in baseball, and will probably be a Hall of Fame football player when he becomes eligible. While a great football player -an 8-time Pro Bowl player who won 2 Super Bowls, he was also an above average baseball player, and probably would have been better had he played the sportfull-time. The only man to play in both the Super Bowl and the World Series.

5. Babe Didrikson - Probably the greatest women athlete of ever. She was a great golfer (won 41 LPGA events and 11 majors), an All-American basketball player,who also won two track and field gold medals in the 1932 Olympics, and who knows what else she would have done had she not died at 42 of cancer.

4. Jackie Robinson was great in football and track in college, but ultimately made his name in baseball as a Hall of Fame player and the one who broke thecolor barrier in MLB. At UCLA, he became the first athlete in UCLA history to letter in four different sports in one year. Until 1947 he was presumed to be theonly person ever selected to play in the college all-star games in both basketball and football.

3. Bo Jackson who was drafted first overall in football but choose baseball first. He eventually came back to football before a hip injury ended his career. Anall-star in baseball he was the All-Star games MVP in 1989. In football he was on his way to a great career before he got hurt. What's remarkable is thathe was the comeback player of the year in MLB after his injury. In terms of actual results, he probably shouldn't be ranked so high, but at his peak, hewas an electric athlete who was the most popular athlete in the country at one point. Who knows what he could have accomplished had he stayed healthy.

2. Jim Brown - You might know him as one of the greatest football players of all-time. But he is also a Hall of Fame Lacrosse player - some consider him thegreatest lacrosse player of all time. In fact, he got his scholarship to Syracuse as a lacrosse player and walked onto the football team. He led Syracuse'slacrosse team to an undefeated season in 1957, leading the country in scoring. As a football player? In only 9 years he became the all-time leading rushingleader in the NFL, and currently sits third on that list and was a Hall of Famer.

1. Jim Thorpe- considered one of the most versatile athletes in modern sports. He won Olympic gold medals in the pentathlon and decathlon, starred in collegeand professional football, played Major League Baseball and also had a career in basketball. What more could you ask of someone - a professional star in foursports.

Honorable Mention:

Jackie Joyner-Kersee - The 1988 and '92 Olympic heptathlon champion and '88 Long Jump champion, as well as winning the silver and bronze in the 84 and96 Olympics, she was also a four-year starter and All-America basketball player for the UCLA Bruins.

Brian Jordan - a 14-year baseball vet who is still active (Braves), his career averages are .282 batting average, 182 home runs, and 821 RBI's. In 1999 hemade the MLB All-Star team. As a football player, he was an All-American player in college and was third in the NFL in tackles in 1990, and in 1991 he wasnamed to the All-Pro team. He became a full-time baseball player the following season after having problems negotiating a new contract.

Charlie Ward - A Heisman Trophy winning QB (won by the highest margin ever) in 1993 at Florida State, he also is a College Football Hall of Famer, and won anational championship as well as numerous other awards. In College he also played point guard and led the Seminoles basketball team to the great eight and wasa first round draft pick in 1994 for the Knicks. I always thought he was a better football player than basketball player, but after he announced he would onlyplay football if he were drafted in the first round, he was not drafted at all in the NFL draft and subsequently chose basketball. He ended up having a verygood but not spectacular 10-year NBA career which was highlighted with his appearance in the '99 NBA finals.

Marion Jones - We all know her as a multiple-medal winner in Olympic competition, but in college she led the North Carolina Tar Heels to a 92-10 record duringher 3 years on the team, including a national championship in 1994. An All-America point guard, she ranks fifth on UNC's all-time assists list, third insteals and seventh in blocks despite playing only three years.

Julius Peppers- Currently, Peppers is a dominant defensive end for the Carolina Panthers (2002 defensive rookie of the year and 3-time Pro Bowler), he alsoplayed power forward for the storied North Carolina Tar Heels, who reached the Final Four in 2000. He even led the team in field goal percentage, shooting over60 percent from the floor. It is believed that he is the only person to ever play in both the NCAA men's basketball Final Four and the NFL's SuperBowl.

Bob Golic - He had a 13-year NFL career where he made the Pro-Bowl 3 times. In college he was an All-America heavyweight wrestler. Golic placed third andfourth in the country in '76 and '77.

Michael Jordan - He was the greatest ever in basketball and terrible in baseball, but being the greatest in one qualifies him to be on any greatest athleteslist.

Wilt Chamberlain - he was probably the second greatest basketball player of all-time and at one point George Allen wanted to sign him to play football. Hisposition? special-teams ace. He was going to stand by the field goal post and block field goal attempts. In college he was also a track star who won the highjump at the Big Eight championships.

Antonio Gates - In only 4 years in the NFL he has made 3-Pro Bowls as a TE. However he did not play football in college. He played basketball for EasterMichigan and then Kent State where he led them to the great-8 his senior season. However, he wasn't drafted by the NBA because with his position (powerforward) and his size (6'4") he was considered too small.

Back
Top Bottom