Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

big j 33

Supporter
I felt like getting a jump on the new season discussion.. a new season preview video is out and I'm really excited about this season. After last season's finale, I'm looking forward to Nucky being a full gangster.

The drama is heating up when Nucky Thompson (Steve Buschemi) returns for Season 3 of "Boardwalk Empire."

In the exclusive Season 3 trailer (above) of the prohibition-fueled drama, "Boardwalk Empire" is dealing with the drama and plight of Atlantic City in 1923.

"You expect me to start a war in New York where things actually matter?" Arnold Rothstein (Mchael Stuhlbarg) says.

Atlantic City's former treasurer, Nucky, also hints about a new guy in town. "Gyp Rosetti is trouble for everyone," he says sternly in the trailer.

In an interview that appeared on The Huffington Post in February, "Boardwalk" creator Terence Winter described where Season 3 was heading:

We're moving into 1923 when the Twenties really became the 'Roaring Twenties.' The economy began to boom and this became the Flapper Era. The parallels between then and now are obvious because that period mirrors the world we live in today. Prohibition, for instance, is the model for the illegal drug business; it's what made millionaires out of gangsters. People were buying political favors, and big business controlled everything.
Check out the trailer above to see what else is in store for Season 3 of the HBO drama.

"Boardwalk Empire" premieres on Sunday, Sept. 16. at 9 p.m. on HBO.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/boardwalk-empire-season-3_n_1763867.html

Also.. here's that same trailer set to Shook Ones

Last edited:
I saw Nucky rocking an overcoat with fur lapels, son is in full gangster mode now.

Last edited:
I swear I'm the only one out of my friends who isn't all that upset that Jimmy is gone.

Sure, he was a great character, but the show will move on and be just fine without him. Way too many other characters to develop in his place.

Jimmy's story was told. Tough to see because Pitt was a tremendous actor and I would have loved to see him continue on the show.. but he had to go.

I'm bummed from that perspective.. but the story and show is more important and I'll trust it was for the best.

Jimmy's story was told. Tough to see because Pitt was a tremendous actor and I would have loved to see him continue on the show.. but he had to go.
I'm bummed from that perspective.. but the story and show is more important and I'll trust it was for the best.

Exactly.

It's little things like the fact that Van Alden ended up in a city of Illinois (forget its name) where Capone (real life) got his start, so you know those two will interact.

Curious to see what happens with Harrow.

One of my favorite actors added to the cast as Rosetti 
pimp.gif

I'm ready to see Capone evolve

and more lulz for Doyle

body. ready :smokin

can't lie, previews seemed odd with out jimmy. but im sure the show won't miss a beat. i hope its not too nucky-centric though.

about to re-watch season 2 before this starts.

Yessir.
pimp.gif

So much win in September.

- College Football

- New NFL season

- New season of Homeland.
pimp.gif

-New season of Dexter.
eyes.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

- Final season of Fringe.
pimp.gif
frown.gif

- New season of BoardWalk Empire.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how Gillian's and Harrow's reaction to Jimmy's death.

Sept-Oct. is gonna be a busy one for TV lovers

Walking Dead

Boardwalk Empire

American Horror Story

Dexter

Son's of Anarchy

plus sitcoms and new series.  On Demand and DVR are gonna be working overtime

Only got up to around episode 5 on season 2 but the blu-ray set coming out soon. I'll catch up before checking this out.

I am still depressed over the certain thing that ended last season's episode. WAHHHHH.

Will tune in, as always.

Fav show on Television 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Can't wait,hoping that Harrow starts working for Nucky.

Last edited:
Boardwalk is definitely my favorite show on TV. Only show I actually follow.
Although we basically know, for the most part, which characters will prevail, there's so many story lines I'm looking forward to.
Those trailers got me ready!

I guess its safe to say Harrow wont off Nucky or Eli. Hope the butcher bull from Philly gets offed.

Back
Top Bottom