Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Definitely a slow episode in order to get Eli and Chalky's storylines into the mix.

The exchanges between Eli and Mickey at the beginning and end of the episode :lol: Something tells me Eli is going to be taking Mickey's job pretty soon.

Gyp giving no damns at all.

Nucky trying to get away from it all and stay with this jumpoff Billie. :smh:

Also, what is the deal with this protection that Nucky is paying for? Im kind of confused about the whole situation.

Can anyone explain the razor? Nucky was at his side chick's place, and he goes into the bathroom, gets the razor and unscrews it? Am I thinking too hard? :rolleyes
Also, can anyone explain the "father/daughter" moment Chalky and his daughter had?

His daughter didn't want to marry Samuel because he was a square. She wanted someone who was interesting like her father, but she really had no idea what he had to do to keep a roof over their heads. When they went to the club, she motioned for Sam to stand up to the guy and be "interesting". Her actions caused him to get disfigured and another man beaten within an inch of his life; finding out what Chalky does and why he wants better for her.

The hour of Boardwalk goes by quicker than any other show I have watched that has a run time of an hour.

Tonight's episode was definitely intended for character-and-their-plots development (Eli and Chalky notably).

Boss that brings the lulz :pimp: .

Richard looks like he's merking someone in the preview for next week :nerd: .

Can't wait!

His daughter didn't want to marry Samuel because he was a square. She wanted someone who was interesting like her father, but she really had no idea what he had to do to keep a roof over their heads. When they went to the club, she motioned for Sam to stand up to the guy and be "interesting". Her actions caused him to get disfigured and another man beaten within an inch of his life; finding out what Chalky does and why he wants better for her.

Ol' boy got gashed at the club. I hope Samuel stays on the right path.

Ol' boy got gashed at the club. I hope Samuel stays on the right path.

I could see him being the patch up man for the criminals.

Anyone else think Chalky might have set up that fight to scare his daughter back on to the straight and narrow?

Last edited:
Another great ep but yeah it went by too fast. I still want a 2hr ep that'll def satisfy.

Ppl invovled with casting did a great job bringing in Bobby Cannavale as Gyp Rosetti and Stephen Root as Gaston Means. Every time Gyp is in a scene I'm thinking he's gonna kill somebody, dude just has that overbearing can't trust you presence and the whole scene with Nuck and Means where he's paying for attention and just the way he was talking to Nuck and what they were talking about just grabbed me, drew me in and kept me interested.

As for the whole razor thing. I think Nucky was checking if it was used. He was suspicious of her being with other men with that phone call and Rothstein heavily implied that to be the case. The wayI see it as weird is it sounds Nucky is use to faithful side chicks. Every scene with him and Billie showed him being a bit jealous.

Samuel is a lil ***** :rofl: Son was trembling after getting slashed. I really hope Chalke aint pay for that whole thing just to scare his daughter away from his world cuz he clearly wanted his daughter to marry (up) a doctor even though it came off as him not liking the dude much. Besides I don't know anybody who would get paid to cut someone and then take a beating like that.

As for Eli, **** him. Hope he struggles back on the outside. As far as I'm concerned he's still a traitor and a backstabber.

No way Chaulky set that up, he didnt even know his daughter was at the club remember? First thing he said was "What are you doing here??"

Samuel is hilarious, homie has to be Braxton from the Jamie Foxx show's granddad or something lol

His facial expressions are hilarious .
Anyone else peep that Gyp can't read. That menu definitely didn't have spaghetti and meatball on it.
Yes it did. It cost .35. 
Another great ep but yeah it went by too fast. I still want a 2hr ep that'll def satisfy.
Ppl invovled with casting did a great job bringing in Bobby Cannavale as Gyp Rosetti and Stephen Root as Gaston Means. Every time Gyp is in a scene I'm thinking he's gonna kill somebody, dude just has that overbearing can't trust you presence and the whole scene with Nuck and Means where he's paying for attention and just the way he was talking to Nuck and what they were talking about just grabbed me, drew me in and kept me interested.
As for the whole razor thing. I think Nucky was checking if it was used. He was suspicious of her being with other men with that phone call and Rothstein heavily implied that to be the case. The wayI see it as weird is it sounds Nucky is use to faithful side chicks. Every scene with him and Billie showed him being a bit jealous.
Samuel is a lil *****
roll.gif
Son was trembling after getting slashed. I really hope Chalke aint pay for that whole thing just to scare his daughter away from his world cuz he clearly wanted his daughter to marry (up) a doctor even though it came off as him not liking the dude much. Besides I don't know anybody who would get paid to cut someone and then take a beating like that.
As for Eli, **** him. Hope he struggles back on the outside. As far as I'm concerned he's still a traitor and a backstabber.
I didn't think he was a "lil *****" at all. He reacted how most people would when they get their faces unexpectedly slashed. And Chalky definitely didn't set it up. He was legitimately surprised when his daughter was at the after hours spot.

Next week, Nucky and Margaret meet the Bishop who'll be thanking them for the land. I got a good chuckle when she said he's mistaken in regards to him not attending.

Well the trailer for episode 3 shows someone burning alive at the gas pump and another part where gyp has a gas pump in his hand....hopefully its mickey lol or that fat sheriff.

Solid episode.

- Gyp is 2/2 so far, I really love his character. "EVERYBODY GOT GUNS!"

- Nucky letting things slip past him and he's getting sloppy. He got the date wrong with Rothstein and he didn't answer the phone when Owen was calling (because he was jealous and afraid it was another man for Billie). He and Rothstein's conversation was great.

- Eli showing his value pretty quickly despite having to start at the bottom. Owen sought his advice asking if their men could take Gyp and his guys.. and ignored Mickey

- Glad we got to see Chalky. I'd rather see him involved with business stories than his family, but it's tied together for him so I understand establishing what's going on in his life

What I love about this show is how in any given episode, there's so many characters I really want to see. A lot of shows have characters I don't mind and I see their value to the overall show.. but on Boardwalk you have Nucky, Chalky, Harrow, Slater, Capone, Luciano and Lansky, Rothstein, now we have Gyp, Billie.. even Mickey is entertaining. 

Ppl invovled with casting did a great job bringing in Bobby Cannavale as Gyp Rosetti and Stephen Root as Gaston Means. 
Meg Steedle as Billie Kent has been an excellent addition.
So who is this Gatson Means guy? Was Nucky paying him for Harry Daugherty?

Why does Margaret get so much air time that she is single handily the most useless ***** in show history.

My dude Nucky is simpin hard and letting his business get out of hand.

Im glad Chalky is back this _ never smiles.

Gyp puts EVERYBODY under pressure!!... I thought that gas station worker was done for... :lol:

Chalky knows that Samuel's a dweeb, but he wants his daughter to take advantage of his potential... She obviously aint havin' that...

I need info on the daughter too... (Assuming she's over 21 y/o)

Dunn Purnsley swingin' the club like Josh Gibson... :lol: :pimp:

Nuck just f**ked a lot of money up between him and Rothstein with that blown shipment...

And yeah, Mickey's gonna be gone in a few... I can see Eli taking his spot...

I don't think Mickey is ever going to die. He's like one of those characters that could go in any episode and always makes it out alive. He's lowkey the smartest person on the show. He's always one step ahead and plays the fool very well. Nobody views him as a threat and that's the way he wants it.

Back
Top Bottom