Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Any time Gyp is talking to someone I'm just waiting for them to rub him the wrong way to set him off. Dude doesn't let anything slide, I was waiting for him to go off on the waitress.

Hell yeah. You just never know when dude is gonna pop off. :lol:

Margaret is going to give up the draws for that doctor. Bet that on everything.

I wouldnt be surprised. Seems like she bust it open for every man she hates.

Eli should be glad he's breathing. Backstabbing *** dude. :smh:

Good to see Chalky on this episode. :pimp:

"We're here, right?"
"Taiber heights."
"Alantic City is here. New York is here. And this..."
"That's the ocean."
"One inch equals ten miles."
"The scale."
"How's that?"
"The scale... of the map."
"That's what it's called?"
"Usually."
"Sometimes it's not called that?"
"No.. pretty much always the scale."

It was right after "Usually" I thought he was gonna go off. Same thing with the dude that tried to help him out on the road :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been asked, but my question will be more in depth. Is the show worth starting from the beginning? Main themes and characters that perpetuate the show's success?

What's with all the love for Chalky? I have watched since the first episode and I don't know what the hell this guy has done to deserve so much praise. I'm not hating on the guy, but I can't remember one major thing he's done and he gets a few minutes of air time every other episode.

What's with all the love for Chalky? I have watched since the first episode and I don't know what the hell this guy has done to deserve so much praise. I'm not hating on the guy, but I can't remember one major thing he's done and he gets a few minutes of air time every other episode.
You need to re-watch the first two seasons ASAP but maybe you'll never get it/see it.

Chalky is cool, he's no Rothstein but he's cool

that scene in the jail where he handles Dunn Purnsley without lifting a finger is one of my favorites of the series  
pimp.gif

Because got away with killing several KKK guys, has the whole community on his back, puts on for his people, his family is on point, and is an all around threatening guy WITHOUT lifting a single finger unless absolutely necessary. 

Boss.

Pure and simple.

I'm sure this has been asked, but my question will be more in depth. Is the show worth starting from the beginning? Main themes and characters that perpetuate the show's success?
Yes. You won't understand anything thats going on. You can't appreciate it without doing so. Better start sooner than later. 
It was right after "Usually" I thought he was gonna go off. Same thing with the dude that tried to help him out on the road 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
I thought that little teenager was going to get wiped 
laugh.gif

eek.gif

The writing on this show is definitely on point. 

Last edited:
Straight up, the man crush I have on Richard Harrow is strong. Dude is a BOSS :x :pimp: #SinceSeasonOne

Gyp is ruthless too. Love his character.

Last edited:
Lol. I told you jimmy's ma was doing business with luchiano and getting into trouble. All that "confusing others" talk looks ignorant now. Didnt catch the whole episode yet but im sure its nice.

Guess Nucky cant handle his first kill.

I expect Gyp to kill every person he meets from now on. Bone for tuna :lol:

A war brewing in NY :smokin

Last edited:
Gillian is crazy. Kinda makes sense that she'd delude herself in to thinking Jimmy went away and isn't dead. He did go away after he banged her and I bet she aint know where for a while too.

Didn't Nucky have some weird dream in S1 too? I never focused on it to see if it foreshadowed anything for that season or the 2nd one but I'm sure some things did. Not sure what these weird dreams and hallucinations mean for this season yet other than some obvious things like Nucky is going to directly or indirectly get a kid killed or maybe something to do with his guilt over Jimmy and how he failed him in a way. I was expecting Nuck to find Billie dead in the morning and that she's been dead for days the way things were going.

Gyp is insane. Won't even get in to it, dude is finding slights in anything said or any action. INSANE.

Last edited:
Because got away with killing several KKK guys, has the whole community on his back, puts on for his people, his family is on point, and is an all around threatening guy WITHOUT lifting a single finger unless absolutely necessary. 

Boss.

Pure and simple.
^^ yep. He is an OG in HBO series period. He's the one area they needed to fill permanently. If he were to leave it would have to be season 4-5. He's a solid character that is capable of taking the series in any which direction because his own focus is to help his people by any means necessary. No set allies and if so, best believe he's getting something he needs in return.

Good episode.  Next week's episode is looking good too.  Looked like Eli got hit by a truck or something in the preview.

For the NT'er asking about watching the show, start from the beginning or it won't make much sense, imo...

Gyp man ...

Meg Steedle is so damn cute :wow: shes got them chipmunkcheeks

Seeing Jimmy in the flashback made me miss his character.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom