Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Everytime Rosetti talks i think he's about to kill someone.
"I didn't understand a word of that... But very beautiful." :lol:

its actually "buona fortuna" which is "good luck" in Italian

Gyp takes it personally because Nucky wishes him good luck, but I wonder if this is part of the reason why Gyp took it personal also. "Bone For Tuna" is misspelled, which could also be seen as insulting in Gyp's book, but I'm sure Nucky didn't know.

Last edited:
Gyp takes it personally because Nucky wishes him good luck, but I wonder if this is part of the reason why Gyp took it personal also. "Bone For Tuna" is misspelled, which could also be seen as insulting in Gyp's book, but I'm sure Nucky didn't know.

That's not it

Slater has "Bone-for-Tuna" because he probably spoke to Nucky over the phone, so he slept it phonetically

Gyp's homeboy pointed it out in the car that Slater messed up the pronunciation. And by the look on Slater's face after he tells Gyp that Slater doesn't know that the message meant.

Harrow is great, the man wearing the mask is the only one with nothing to hide...
Uh oh...looks like we got an english major! lol
laugh.gif

wrote that in calligraphy with my quill pen dipped in the finest of inks

Him stepping to Doyle about claiming his kill made me think of the time Jimmy was talking about a problem with someone

and dude just blurted out "You want me to kill em"  Jimmy was like  "
eek.gif
 chill"

HBO renews 'Boardwalk Empire'

Series cruises into fourth season

By Jon Weisman

HBO has renewed "Boardwalk Empire" for a fourth season.
The period drama starring Steve Buscemi has been nominated for drama series Emmys in each of its first two seasons and has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season. The season-two finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3.0 million viewers.

Terence Winter created the series, which he exec produces with Martin Scorsese, Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson and Tim Van Patten.

"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO prexy Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."

Van Patten won one of three "Boardwalk" Emmys last month, for drama directing. In its freshman year, the series won eight Emmys, most of any primetime show in 2011.

HBO's drama lineup also features the Emmy-nominated "Game of Thrones" along with 2012 newcomer "The Newsroom," "True Blood" (coming back for a sixth season in 2013) and "Treme," which recently got a greenlight for a truncated fourth and final season next year.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060166

Last edited:
HBO renews 'Boardwalk Empire'

Series cruises into fourth season

By Jon Weisman

HBO has renewed "Boardwalk Empire" for a fourth season.
The period drama starring Steve Buscemi has been nominated for drama series Emmys in each of its first two seasons and has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season. The season-two finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3.0 million viewers.

Terence Winter created the series, which he exec produces with Martin Scorsese, Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson and Tim Van Patten.

"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO prexy Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."

Van Patten won one of three "Boardwalk" Emmys last month, for drama directing. In its freshman year, the series won eight Emmys, most of any primetime show in 2011.

HBO's drama lineup also features the Emmy-nominated "Game of Thrones" along with 2012 newcomer "The Newsroom," "True Blood" (coming back for a sixth season in 2013) and "Treme," which recently got a greenlight for a truncated fourth and final season next year.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060166
I forget that shows like this STILL have to get renewed.

I always take it for granted. 
mean.gif

Finally watched episode 3.

This dude Gyp is literally a ticking timebomb.
laugh.gif

You don't know who and what will set him off. Gotta be walking on eggshells just to watch one of his scenes.
laugh.gif

Harrow.
pimp.gif

Thought Mickey was done for.

Margaret straight bamboozled that doctor.

This dude Nucky is all discombobulated right now.

Nucky feeling that guilt. "you can't be half a gangster anymore" R.I.P. Jimmy. 

Who else thinks Nucky will murk Gyp himself?

Previews showed some scenes with Capone. I hope they start progressing his story more...if they dont get a 5th season I'll be disappointed.

:rofl: @ the crackers in the tide and then Nucky Ducky calling his crew quackers. :lol: @ Adent Van ****oo

:pimp: though. Hope they continue this. Looks like another compelling series I should keep my eye on. Can't wait until the introduction of Harrow Sparrow :smokin

Last edited:
New episode coming up soon... 

My bold prediction: Gyp feels insulted and kills someone.

Haven't loved this season. Its still good but jimmy's absence is too noticeable. I don't think buschemi can carry the entire show in this role

I'm sure the season will get better as all the story's cross paths. But I've lost a bit of interest. Very good still but the first two seasons were more captivating so far.

the capone beat down is like how you crack jokes on your friends.

you do it, but it's problems when somebody else does.

that kid was extra annoying. He shouldve known he was on thin ice in the first place. Then you go and lie to the man.pssh

Back
Top Bottom