Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Great season premiere. I was surprised not to see any Chalky or Eli but there are so many characters now that it is so hard to fit everyone in.

Gyp is definitely going to be a problem and you see that right from the beginning when he murked that dude for no apparent reason. :lol:

Why are all of the main women characters on the show so obnoxious? Its like the writers want you to hate them all. I guess it has a lot to do with the era that they are in. The only woman character that everyone seemed to like was Angela but now with her gone thats it. I cant be the only one that is happy that Lucy is gone though. I couldnt stand seeing her ugly *** moaning in every single episode.

I wish Al Capone would have murked that dude but its obvious hes going to have a role throughout the season so lets see how that works out.

I want to see how long it takes Van Alden to change from this persona he is trying to portray. I cant see him staying like this for more than 3-4 episodes.

Anyone have a .gif of Harrow shooting Manny? :nerd:

Manny
eek.gif
mean.gif

I didn't even miss Jimmy this episode. I think they did a good job by not lingering on it too.
Sure to the audience he was a beloved character, but in that world he was for the most part just a player in Nucky's town

Word

I been wanting to get into Boardwalk Empire. How does it compare to The Wire, Breaking Bad, and The Sopranos.

Real talk just watch it without any expectations. You'll love it.

Last edited:
Great season premiere. I was surprised not to see any Chalky or Eli but there are so many characters now that it is so hard to fit everyone in.

Gyp is definitely going to be a problem and you see that right from the beginning when he murked that dude for no apparent reason. :lol:

Why are all of the main women characters on the show so obnoxious? Its like the writers want you to hate them all. I guess it has a lot to do with the era that they are in. The only woman character that everyone seemed to like was Angela but now with her gone thats it. I cant be the only one that is happy that Lucy is gone though. I couldnt stand seeing her ugly *** moaning in every single episode.

I wish Al Capone would have murked that dude but its obvious hes going to have a role throughout the season so lets see how that works out.

I want to see how long it takes Van Alden to change from this persona he is trying to portray. I cant see him staying like this for more than 3-4 episodes.

Anyone have a .gif of Harrow shooting Manny? :nerd:

Those cheeks, though. Come on. :smh:

loved it, glad to see my show back on
pimp.gif
but a few questions

I know a lot of the characters are based off of real historic gangsters, like Capone and Nucky (Johnson), are Rosetti and the white guy that was saved by Van Alden(name?) based off of someone or just fictional characters?

*Patiently waits for Chalky appearance
glasses.gif

Van Alden has one kid, as his ex-wife was unable to get pregnant. Unless, he and his "nanny" had a child while in Italy, which is highly possible. He kissed her goodnight, so I guessing they're together now.

Van Alden has one kid, as his ex-wife was unable to get pregnant. Unless, he and his "nanny" had a child while in Italy, which is highly possible. He kissed her goodnight, so I guessing they're together now.
It's extremely clear he has two children. He comes in noticing the midwife is breast feeding a "him" and then he asks about Abigail who I believe he looked at as she was in the crib (she wasn't shown though). The son is most likely a child with her. The ex-wife been out the picture.

Last edited:
^^ The Irish guy at the flower shop was a real person. Rosetti, I don't believe is.

Solid episode to start the season off. So happy that this show's back :D

Glad to see that the show didn't skip a beat even without Jimmy, they didn't look back too much,kept things moving and we got introduced to a new antagonist in Rosetti.

Damn I was looking forward to seeing Manny and Nuckys partnership grow :smh:. I for one actually liked Manny, Jimmy's screwed him over and ended up paying the consequences. I'm thinking that Nucky's probably gonna think that Gyp's the one that offed Manny and retaliate somehow and start up a conflict with Nucky/Rothstein against Gyp.

Nucky needs to get rid of Margaret soon, she's caused him more problems than shes done good. I'm also hoping that Harrow eventually does something about Gillian, her influence is toxic. Hopefully she doesn't raise Tommy to end like Jimmy :x

Can't wait to see where things in Chicago go. I'm thinking Van Alden's probably gonna start working with O'Banion putting him right in the middle of Al's story. Great seeing him back, I find that Stephen Graham kills it as Capone.

Love seeing Nucky embrace full on Gangster mode :smokin. Hoping to see Chalky and Eli next week.

It's extremely clear he has two children. He comes in noticing the midwife is breast feeding a "him" and then he asks about Abigail who I believe he looked at as she was in the crib (she wasn't shown though). The son is most likely a child with her. The ex-wife been out the picture.

Yeah I didn't notice it @ 1st either. But after watching it again the lady says the son couldn't sleep because he was hungry then he looks toward the crib & ask about Abigail.

Just read this on the boardwalk empire wiki regarding Van Alden.

"He returns home to Sigrid, who is still posing as his wife. She is nursing their new young son and his daughter Abigail is recovering from a cold. "

I should be clear that I watched the ep like 4 times last night :lol: , so that's why I was pretty certain.

The first watch I was lost and only assumed cuz he kissed her.

Last edited:
The Manny Horvitz character was written off because William Forsythe has joined the cast of a new series on Fox called The Mob Doctor. (Which actually started tonight.)

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this or maybe Im just a little off base because I was so ******g high last night.

Does anyone else get the idea that maybe shorty was never Jimmys mom? Look how quickly she got lil man calling her "mom" as if Angela never existed. I could see this having happened in the past with Jimmy. It would explain their sexual relationship as well as explain how young she is to have had a son Jimmys age.

I know I wasnt the only dude whos mind was blown when the show first introduced her and we saw Jimmy kiss her on the lips and then call that fairly young lady "mom"

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this or maybe Im just a little off base because I was so ******g high last night.

Does anyone else get the idea that maybe shorty was never Jimmys mom? Look how quickly she got lil man calling her "mom" as if Angela never existed. I could see this having happened in the past with Jimmy. It would explain their sexual relationship as well as explain how young she is to have had a son Jimmys age.

I know I wasnt the only dude whos mind was blown when the show first introduced her and we saw Jimmy kiss her on the lips and then call that fairly young lady "mom"
Nucky went and fetched her for the Commodore when she was like 12 or something...

As far as her not being Jimmy's mom, I didn't really feel that.  That's just Gillian's way, she never liked Angela

and basically just wanted Jimmy to herself, she even asked Angela if she could raise the kid.

Just realized how similar it is to what was happening in Son's of Anarchy

both Hamlet, Oedipus like...

Last edited:
The Manny Horvitz character was written off because William Forsythe has joined the cast of a new series on Fox called The Mob Doctor. (Which actually started tonight.)

Oh, OK. I realized he's the cop in Duece Bigalow the other day.

Rosetti is just diggin himself a hole :lol: Son has a lot of hootspa tho. Have a feelin Al will start whilin by mid-season. Harrow's vendetta ends right there imo, we all know he won't kill Nucky, so either he'll join w/ him and off Rosetti or he won't survive the season.

I think they need more airtime for Chalky. That story alone is still ripe for development.

All in all, great way to start the season off. Been wantin Manny gone since season 2

Back
Top Bottom