☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Kanter was getting abused yesterday on defense. Miami was just picking apart the defense because of Kanter's inability to switch on the PnR. Weak side defender would need to sag heavily to compensate for Kanter's slow feet, and as a result, the Heat were just finding the open shooters with ease. I like Enes, but we should have been force feeding Timelord those minutes.

As for Wanamaker - the next time he passes the ball on the break will be his first. So frustrating.

And let's be real - the refs were **** last night. Tony Brothers can go **** himself.

Yeah saw on Celtics twitter an article that says we either go all in vets next season or be patient with the kids. Last night lost and Bucks lost confirmed were incomplete and almost no chance of winning the title this season.

Yup. I'm on the realgm Celtics board and one poster on there who I trust very much said that he was our guy, but Miami snagged him. This same poster has dropped a ridiculous amount of info prior to that (said Kyrie was out for the season (2018) a month before it was announced, said we were going after Kemba 2 days before national media tweeted about it, gave real time updates about other injuries during the game!).

Sadly, he is no longer an insider as his source moved on to another job. He's Australian so I assumed his source was Baynes himself, but apparently it was another employee within the Celtics who had been giving him info.

But yeah, Herro was the guy Ainge wanted.

Yeah saw on Celtics twitter an article that says we either go all in vets next season or be patient with the kids.

Link?

What does that mean exactly? As in flip some of our picks and younger assets for veteran bench help?

Last edited:
Yeah the first few games haven't exactly been encouraging. Still think their youth is a big part of it though. Their bench is definitely trash. Won't look as bad with a playoff rotation, but their lack of big depth is gonna be obvious.

You know who would fit perfectly on this team right now? Al Horford. Just pray that the NBA and Players' union agree to another amnesty clause during the next round of negotiations for the next collective bargaining agreement. Philly will cut Horford, and he will come running back to us for the league minimum.

Link?

What does that mean exactly? As in flip some of our picks and younger assets for veteran bench help?
Dont remember if it was a tweet or article lol, were doing half measures and dont commit on winning now or doing rebuild/youth movement that we'd definitely need to do some shake up next season and commit on either on win now roster or a youth movement

Yup. I'm on the realgm Celtics board and one poster on there who I trust very much said that he was our guy, but Miami snagged him. This same poster has dropped a ridiculous amount of info prior to that (said Kyrie was out for the season (2018) a month before it was announced, said we were going after Kemba 2 days before national media tweeted about it, gave real time updates about other injuries during the game!).

Sadly, he is no longer an insider as his source moved on to another job. He's Australian so I assumed his source was Baynes himself, but apparently it was another employee within the Celtics who had been giving him info.

I'm pretty sure that most were also pegging Miami to take Langford too, which is funny.

Sad if true Ainge has not been the best midrange pick scout.

Or maybe Kyrie himself since hes Aussie too lol.

Langford assessment is incomplete though I still believe on him being a poor man JB at the very least. I have high hopes but hes closer to James Young than Jaylen Brown right now.

And first time Ive seen Brad Stevens slander this season from non casual fans haha. And imo its deserved.

We're a piece away so im cool but Hayward though he still an above average wing we expected/need more from him if we wanna make some noise.

I think the best case scenario for this offseason would be convincing Kanter to turn down his player option and then using the MLE to bring Baynes back. Fits us much better.

There's also a bunch of bigs that could potentially be decent bench pieces in the upcoming draft. While I'm not the biggest Precious Achiuwa guy, he seems like he could be a dude that just hustles his *** off and has good defensive instincts. Not the athlete that Timelord is, but probably has better awareness, which is his biggest issue. Could be Brandon Clarke-ish. Not quite as bouncy, but bigger stronger body.

Last edited:
Romeo just needs more reps. Let him play for better or worse to see what we have in him. Him and Smart should be the first 2 off the bench next year. Between Kemba/Smart/Hayward/Tatum we have enough ball handlers/creators that we don't need to give Wannamaker minutes that could be going towards Romeo's development. He's at least shown that he can defend.

Romeo and Timelord need to get more PT
Timelord specifically looks much better when he gets to play with the normal rotation guys, especially Smart and Hayward who are both really gifted passers. He rim runs at a level that both Theis and Kanter just can't reach. While his defensive awareness still isn't great, he's still a bigger asset on that end than Kanter against most teams.

I think the best case scenario for this offseason would be convincing Kanter to turn down his player option and then using the MLE to bring Baynes back. Fits us much better.

There's also a bunch of bigs that could potentially be decent bench pieces in the upcoming draft. While I'm not the biggest Precious Achiuwa guy, he seems like he could be a dude that just hustles his *** off and has good defensive instincts. Not the athlete that Timelord is, but probably has better awareness, which is his biggest issue. Could be Brandon Clarke-ish. Not quite as bouncy, but bigger stronger body.

Slim chance at Baynes. reload (insider on RealGM) said that Baynes was pissed when Ainge traded him. Apparently Baynes talked to Ainge prior to opting in, asking him what the chances were of him being traded since he was going to be an expiring deal. Ainge assured him that he wouldn't be traded. We all know what happened afterwards.

We don't have many options for bigs in FA. Either going to have to pray that teams are strapped for cash and don't open up the wallet, which then allows us to score someone good with the MLE. I suspect we'll call about Giles since he's Tatum's buddy.

One guy to keep an eye on - Meyers Leonard. Not a great defender, but better than Kanter (who isn't. Lol). His shooting would be good for us though. The reason why we should keep an eye on him - I've been recruiting him during his twitch streams. Lol. When I told him his length and shooting would be perfect on the Celtics, he shrugged his shoulders and said "We'll see how things go". On another stream, someone asked him his favorite cities to play in, he mentioned Boston because of all the history and banners.

I miss yesterdays game thought they lost another one lol, happy with the w though not contented as they are the second worst team in the bubble

Timelord still trying to jump through the roof :lol:

Almost got his legs taken out because of it. Still needs to work on that.

Kurucs looks like he maliciously tries to take out Wanamaker at the knees.

Timelord still trying to jump through the roof :lol:

Almost got his legs taken out because of it. Still needs to work on that.

Kurucs looks like he maliciously tries to take out Wanamaker at the knees.
Kurucs could have saved the Celtics season then I kid I kid...

Back
Top Bottom