Braylon Edwards vs LeBron James

CLEVELAND, Ohio - A-28-year-old Cleveland man accused Browns receiver Braylon Edwards of assaulting him early this morning at the View Ultralounge & Nightclub.

Edward Givens said the incident took place outside of the View Night Club on 618 Prospect at about 2:30 a.m. Givens said he went to Lutheran Hospital this morning because he suffered a black eye and a cut. He said he also has a headache.

The suspect's name on the police report is redacted. But multiple sources and the victim say the suspect is Edwards.

A police report gives these details:

Givens was talking to the suspect outside the club when the suspect started an argument. The suspect then punched Givens with a closed first on the left side of his face. Givens told officers he would seek treatment at Lutheran Hospital.

Givens is a promoter with Eighty81 LLC, an events management and marketing firm that hosts parties on Sundays at the View Night Club.

In an interview with Cleveland.com's Starting Blocks blog this morning, Givens said:

"After the club closed, I was outside greeting and saying goodbye to people. Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me. He said if it wasn't for LeBron or the Four Horsemen, I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron. So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. I have a black eye and a cut. I'm not a violent guy.

"As long as I've known Braylon, I've allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me."

Police officers then broke up another disturbance involving the suspect.

Simple assault case are not investigated by police. It is up to the victims to file complaints with the city prosecutor.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009...es_browns.html
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/a_cleveland_man_accuses_browns.html

PDcavsinsider: LeBron just ripped Braylon Edwards for (allegedly) punching his friend last night. Called Edwards "jealous" of him and "childish".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

PDcavsinsider: LeBron on Braylon: "My friend is 130 pounds, seriously it is like hitting one of my kids or something like that."
roll.gif

PDcavsinsider: And more LBJ: "You are a role model to kids and you should carry yourself that way on and off the field. And I carry that."

PDcavsinsider: Even more LBJ: "I've never crossed paths with Braylon before but it seems like there is a little jealousy. I've never said anything to Braylon."

In just one season Braylon went from

This...........................................................................to................................................... .......this
b_edwards_split_TOP.jpg

Thanks to this...

large_edwardsdrop110408.jpg

Probably dropped a drink on him

[h2]Here's the article from ESPN
[/h2]
[h2]Edwards allegedly hit LeBron's friend[/h2]
BEREA, Ohio -- LeBron James called Browns receiver Braylon Edwards "childish" for allegedly punching James' friend early Monday morning outside of a Cleveland night club.

James said Edwards punched Edward Givens, a friend of James' and a promoter with a Cleveland marketing firm who was working outside the club around 2:30 a.m. ET.

"I've never crossed paths with Braylon before, but it seems like there's a little jealousy going on with Braylon and me and my friends. I have no idea why," James said. "I've never said anything to Braylon at all. But for him to do that is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds. Seriously. It's like hitting one of my kids. It doesn't make sense."

James says he was home when the fight occurred, but got a call from Givens telling him about it at 7 a.m. Monday.

Browns coach Eric Mangini said he has spoken with Braylon Edwards about the alleged fight.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that a 28-year-old man accused Edwards of punching him in the face following an argument. The man said Edwards hit him with a closed fist. He said he suffered a black eye and cut and was treated at a hospital.

Mangini said he was aware of the incident. He added his players' personal conduct is important and that he was still gathering information on the incident.

Edwards did not catch a pass in Sunday's 23-20 overtime loss to Cincinnati. It was the first time in 62 career games Edwards did not have at least one reception.

I'd be mad too
laugh.gif

that drop in that Ravens game was epic.

i have never been so pleasantly relieved in my life.

Yeah, Lebron calling anyone childish comes off as iffy, I bet dude said some pretty crazy stuff to Edwards, Braylon a levelheaded dude. Besides @+!$ LebronJames.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Childish? LeBron stopped his camp and had videos confiscated.

QFT. If Bron has never met BE then how can he honestly say that he sees BE as jealous?

Braylon just keeps on taking L's

OuttaControl listen to this story (I am thinking duck-tales:smile:

My friend works in the JAR at The University of Akron (Where the Cavs wine and gold scrimmage was held past Saturday) He said he was in the locker-room and heoverheard Lebron talking to Mo and was giving him details on some chick he smashed the previous night...

I told him total ducktatales, give me audio or ducktales..... curious did you hear this from anyone.

Forget that its LeBron James who said it, anyone who gets into a fight at a club is childish.

I thought Braylon was supposed to be all bougie and stuff. What is he doing fighting at a club, how unbecoming of him

I never liked Braylon. My younger brother tried dapping him up in the club one time and he brushed him off and left him hanging.
laugh.gif

But this whole situation probably took place on W. 6th, or the West Bank of the flats.
laugh.gif

Well you can bet this up....Braylon's gone!

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

My friend is 130 pounds. Seriously.
laugh.gif
He's either cool w. Prince or King Lincey....

Random shot at Lince.
laugh.gif

A ({}) vs. a ({}) hater. Who wins?
Originally Posted by thekillerj23

My friend works in the JAR at The University of Akron (Where the Cavs wine and gold scrimmage was held past Saturday) He said he was in the locker-room and he overheard Lebron talking to Mo and was giving him details on some chick he smashed the previous night...

I told him total ducktatales, give me audio or ducktales..... curious did you hear this from anyone.
You call ducktales on LeBron having sex with some broad?
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I never liked Braylon. My younger brother tried dapping him up in the club one time and he brushed him off and left him hanging.
laugh.gif
That's because he was in a rush to introduce himself to a tight end he just seen in there.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

My friend works in the JAR at The University of Akron (Where the Cavs wine and gold scrimmage was held past Saturday) He said he was in the locker-room and he overheard Lebron talking to Mo and was giving him details on some chick he smashed the previous night...

You call ducktales on LeBron having sex with some broad?
Yea I know right? LeBron really needs to be making up stories like that. "Mo I got pics to prove it!"

laugh.gif
you think Lebron is AC Green or something?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif
Long story short situation happened last summer in Detroit. Me few other cats and another homeboy who played in the League got into it w/ buddy. Dude really is a A hole. But that night he was out of the club in a hurry that night after that bottle hit his homeboy.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

laugh.gif
you think Lebron is AC Green or something?
Oh %%@@
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom