BREAKING NEWS: Obama backs gay marriage.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Honestly this alone could sway my vote. I don't think the world is ready for the Ron Paul Revolution. I think we need more interior destruction from one of the big 2 parties before things can get interesting
nerd.gif
He's not running 4 years from now. He's retiring.

Hate to to thread jack but..
Niketalk is the only place I know of where straight dudes dont care about gays. Myself im still on the fence about it..leaning towards having better rights.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by gllahone84

But yet and still dude doesn't wanna tackle the issue about decriminalization. GTFOHWTBS

It's good to see people having the freedom to do what they want as far as companionship though.

Agree with both points.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

marijuana will never be decriminalized on a federal level...not anytime soon atlest

keep dreeming though

Not dreaming only stating the obvious...the support for decriminalization is too strong to ignore across so many fronts. Why continue to ignore an issue that will soon have to be addressed on the federal level.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by buggz05

Honestly this alone could sway my vote. I don't think the world is ready for the Ron Paul Revolution. I think we need more interior destruction from one of the big 2 parties before things can get interesting
nerd.gif
He's not running 4 years from now. He's retiring.

Then what good will he do in only 4 years?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Damn homie, I been on NT for three days and that's the second time I've seen you ignore the point of a post to nitpick some ulterior angle. Come on son... 

..the hell you talking about?
1. This thread, clearly..and
this post
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

So killing yourself is ok now?

30t6p3b.gif
I'm not attacking you. I just think it's childish to ignore explanations of ideas in favor of asking ignorant, generalized, yes-or-no type questions. These are situations where things are hardly black-or-white and here you are asking questions to prod, rather than to educate yourself . Again, I'm not trying to attack YOU, but your logic has been flawed. That's all. 

Niketalk is the only place I know of where straight dudes dont care about gays. Myself im still on the fence about it..leaning towards having better rights.

Interesting. in my experience NT is the only place straight males even concern themselves with what's going on in the gay community. I actually feel bad for spending the majority of my real world time oblivious to the struggles of similarly oppressed people...being Black and all. 

If you don't think this is a huge day in the fight against discrimination, you are terribly wrong. This is the sort of Obama we have wanted all along. Well done, Mr. President.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Fine that he personally supports it, but it's still going to be left up to the states to handle legislation. Nice gesture, but ultimately just symbolic.

Is this true about the states deciding whether or not its legal? All states should be forced to allow it imo.
I really wish people would read past the lead on these types of things.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blog...r-same-sex-marriage.html

The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he stillsupports the concept of states' deciding the issue on their own. But he saidhe's confident that more Americans will grow comfortable with gays and lesbiansgetting married, citing his own daughters' comfort with the concept.

To put the president's ballsy move into perspective, Even **** Cheney, who has a lesbian daughter, is against gay marriage.

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

If your not gay why would you care if gays got married or not?

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Agree with both points.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

marijuana will never be decriminalized on a federal level...not anytime soon atlest

keep dreeming though

Not dreaming only stating the obvious...the support for decriminalization is too strong to ignore across so many fronts. Why continue to ignore an issue that will soon have to be addressed on the federal level.
1) I doubt the majority of the country is in support of legalizing it
2) The federal government would never legalize it. SCOTUS would never hear an issue so broad either. 

sick.gif
AYO!
alien.gif
sick.gif

Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by MotivatedMidwestMogul

As a straight guy, I too support gay marriage. Actually, I'm really just in support of people minding their own business and letting other people live their own lives.
qft

if you've only read the article, do yourself a favor and watch the video.

his words, while carefully chosen, are actually quite eloquent.

Once i heard his minions talkin about "his views were evolving" i knewIt was just a gimmick to pander to his LBGT constituents...Lets put it like this...if da left "spikes da football" on this, you'reGonna see a HUGE backlash over this in da coming months...this wasA card he shouldve played closer to da election...da longer this marinatesWith opponents, da more resentful they'll become.

oh believe me, alot of these dudes care
laugh.gif

They're just not gonna put up a fight now that this thing is 4 pages of pro same-sex marriage posts.

They're out there though. Oddly enough, some are probably even in this thread
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

if you've only read the article, do yourself a favor and watch the video.

his words, while carefully chosen, are actually quite eloquent.

word.
Very good for them.

I have no problem wit' Gays being married or in relationships. Let them do them. More important things in life. Mind your own beezwax.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

because some of us have grown up with parents, family members, or close friends that were gay. "this issue doesn't directly affect me, so why should i care!" really?

MotivatedMidwestMogul wrote:

Interesting. in my experience NT is the only place straight males even concern themselves with what's going on in the gay community. I actually feel bad for spending the majority of my real world time oblivious to the struggles of similarly oppressed people...being Black and all. 

idk if you thought i meant that niketalk doesnt care about gay people's rights. what i meant to say was niketalk is the only place i know of where straight dudes 
100PROOF wrote:

at one point i asked myself this and told myself it was probably because of their flamboyant PDA.. working in retail for little over 3 years now it seems like most gay couple customers seem to not show as much pda pda if any .. hell straight couples to show much more
VeintiSiete wrote:
oh believe me, alot of these dudes care 
laugh.gif

They're just not gonna put up a fight now that this thing is 4 pages of pro same-sex marriage posts.

They're out there though. Oddly enough, some are probably even in this thread 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 we'll see

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Once i heard his minions talkin about "his views were evolving" i knew It was just a gimmick to pander to his LBGT constituents... Lets put it like this...if da left "spikes da football" on this, you're Gonna see a HUGE backlash over this in da coming months...this was A card he shouldve played closer to da election...da longer this marinates With opponents, da more resentful they'll become.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom