BREAKING THE TABOO a documentary on the war on drugs narrated by morgan freeman being released free

http://www.youtube.com/user/breakingthetaboofilm

This is getting old.

Making docs on the "war on drugs" is the in thing now.

The fact is that there's nothing to reveal. It's all political and virtually everybody knows this at this point. Too many people profit from the "war". The least of which are the corps that run the prisons, the police departments, and the judiciary. If drugs were legalized, police departments would need to lay off at least 1/3 of their personnel right off the bat.

This is getting old.

The fact is that there's nothing to reveal. It's all political and virtually everybody knows this at this point. Too many people profit from the "war". The least of which are the corps that run the prisons, the police departments, and the judiciary. If drugs were legalized, police departments would need to lay off at least 1/3 of their personnel right off the bat.

It's not getting "old" till a majority of the population realizes what you just said. Although a lot of people on NT may be more enlightened on the subject there are a lot of people who are completely ignorant to whats going on.

Lets say it does end

More people will be experimenting with drugs, especially those that are natural.

thousand upon millions of people in the world will at least try shrooms or some dmt throw in some lsd in the mix.

Something in a couple hundred people is unlocked in their brain and they get super powers

new era in humanity

Last edited:
This is getting old.

this documentary has interviews with jimmy carter and bill clinton along with with former and current presidents of country's

going through the drug war right now. talks about all the heroin in afghanistan that makes what escobar was moving look like child's play

very good piece in my opinion.

doesnt drag along either , its about 50 minutes

this documentary has interviews with jimmy carter and bill clinton along with with former and current presidents of country's
going through the drug war right now. talks about all the heroin in afghanistan that makes what escobar was moving look like child's play

very good piece in my opinion.

doesnt drag along either , its about 50 minutes

If only Bill Clinton were in a position, say twelve years ago, to make a change.

It's not getting "old" till a majority of the population realizes what you just said. Although a lot of people on NT may be more enlightened on the subject there are a lot of people who are completely ignorant to whats going on.
its not that the majority doesnt realize it... its just the ppl who profit from it dont care and have the power to instill and keep the hamster wheel rolling... the ppl who it doesnt effect dont care because hell lets be honest "they dont gain to lose" anything and it doesnt effect them... and the ppl who it does effect feel like it wont change... cant change... feel as if their voice will go unheard and unnoticed, or basically complacent and will only speak on it *****/complain... and continue to be armchair activist.

This was pretty much my project for this term. Prior to this project I did not know about what was happening.

What I have learned from my research have been astonishing.

I have two questions that I want your opinions on:

1: Should drugs be legalized. Why/Why not?

2: Should drugs be regulated. Why/Why not?

This was pretty much my project for this term. Prior to this project I did not know about what was happening.

There's a catch 22 with legalization and I believe that this is what's preventing  it.

Personally, I believe that all drugs should be legalized. However, let's say that cocaine is legalized, what's to prevent Astro-Zaneca , Bayer, GSK, etc. from demanding that the feds and states legalize and deregulate their drugs? 

That's why most of the attention is focused on decriminalization instead of legalization. 

Last edited:
the projection is that weed will be legal across the US in 10 years, give or take. Morgan Freeman will def give more exposure to the issue as opposed to joe rogan for example. All in all, its good to see that the discussion is gaining mainstream popularity...

but many drugs are legalized... alcohol being the most well known....

medicines etc are drugs and they are regulated.... so the question isnt why/why not...its moreso of why some and why not all... and whay some are targeted and have more emphasis on them based on social status,race, etc.....

There's a catch 22 with legalization and I believe that this is what's preventing  it.

Personally, I believe that all drugs should be legalized. However, let's say that cocaine is legalized, what's to prevent Astro-Zaneca , Bayer, GSK, etc. from demanding that the feds and states legalize and deregulate their drugs

That's why most of the attention is focused on decriminalization instead of legalization. 

I dont get this part. The whole point of legalizing drugs is so they can be regulated otherwise you're automatically establishing a black market with prohibition and legal gray-areas with decriminalization.

Back
Top Bottom