Brett Favre retired? Maybe not. Favre seeking trade

1z

L.A. Times Reports Favre Seeking Trade[h3]By Dan O'Donnell
[/h3]
Story Created: Apr 3, 2008

Story Updated: Apr 3, 2008

Click Here to read the L.A. Times article

The Los Angeles Times has reported that retired Packers quarterback Brett Favre is quietly seeking a trade to another NFL team.

The Times, citing anonymous league sources, reported on its website Thursday that Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook has contacted several teams to gauge interest in a possible trade.

However, in its story, the paper quoted Cook as saying the trade rumors are "news to [him]. He's retired, period, point blank."

Favre retired a day after the New England Patriots re-signed wide receiver Randy Moss, a player Favre had wanted the Packers to pursue before the 2007 and 2008 seasons. The league source said Favre retired, in part, because he was frustrated at the team's inability or unwillingness to sign Moss.

"As far as I know, Brett retired because he was tired and burned out," Cook told the Times.

indifferent.gif
this guy

His agent denied the report.
Brett Favre's agent has shot down a published report that the Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, could be weighing a comeback with another team.

The Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed NFL sources, reported that Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, had quietly inquired with teams about their interest in trading for the 38-year-old veteran.

But Cook, asked about the report, told ESPN, "That is absolutely false. Absolutely false, and you can quote me on that."

Cook was quoted in The Times story that any word of Favre's interest in continuing his career was "news to me."
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]"I don't think that has anything to do with anything. He's retired, period, point blank," Cook told The Times.
Favre announced his retirement on March 7, saying he was mentally and physically drained. But he has yet to file his paperwork with the NFL, and his rights still belong to the Packers, who could trade him to another team.

The Times reported that according to league sources, Favre's decision to retire was partially influenced by his frustration that the Packers didn't make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss in 2007 or 2008.

But Cook denied any link between Moss and Favre's decision to retire, according to The Times.

"As far as Randy's deal with New England, there were never any negotiations with Green Bay," he said, according to the report. "As far as I know, Brett retired because he was tired and burned out."

I do find it sem-interesting he hasn't filed his paperwork yet. No rush obviously, but it's always going to make bored people wonder until done so.

lol not true. If hes gonna play it would be for the packers. With him theyre already a huge threat as u could see this past year. So why would he want to gettraded?

Man, %#$* Brett Favre. RETIRE you graying $!$. I don't want to hear his name mentioned for another year.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Man, %#$* Brett Favre. RETIRE you graying $!$. I don't want to hear his name mentioned for another year.

[Chappelle]Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! [\Chappelle]
laugh.gif

I'm with you. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't worship him like God.

I love how stories like this, a story with very little concrete information, automatically get blamed on the athlete.
laugh.gif

I'm not saying Brett or his agent did seek a trade, and I couldn't care less if he did or not; he's a legend, so respect him, but this would beannoying if he did... ... ...

... ... ... IF he did.
wink.gif

Sigh... ITS NOT TRUE PEOPLE!!!!
indifferent.gif

This report was DENIED by Favres agent, and why are you blaming FAVRE for this? Hes probably off on some islandsomewhere getting sunburns... Fact is that his agent said there is NO TRUTH to this and even if #4 would come back it would be wearing the Green and Gold.

And about his retirement papers, they have nothing to do with him being retired to begin with, all the papers that he hasnt filed yet have to do with is hisbenefit plan that continues on for all players after they are through with the NFL.... He can say hes retired and BE RETIRED, paperwork is not a factor... hecan say hes retired then UNretire at anytime he feels like it.

^^^ howd i know youd be so quick to fire back?

Anyways... its just annoying to see people say stuff like WHY WONT HE LEAVEEEEEE
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
when in reality theres nothing going on. I guess you gotta hate onsomething though....

LOL at "fanboys" though... were not talking about consoles or computers here KLJ

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

indifferent.gif
wth has he done to you ???

Packer fans will do fine...

Im plenty ready to move on from Favre, in no way am i bitter about whats going on but when I have more knowledge about a team or what a player is doing thanothers cause i read up on it daily im labeled a "stan" or "fanboy"... lame

but, why are you so mad all the time? you seem to always be lurking in the shadows at all times ready to throw your little jabs when stuff like this comesup...
eyes.gif

if you cry your eyes out in your retirement press conference you should'nt be allowed to return...

Sumone told me Favre isnt handing in his papers because hes trying to yank Thompsons chain cuz he forced Favre out. Favre would still be playing and wants tobe. Hes yanking his chain by not being officialy retired and has a year on his contract still. So the Packers arent getting the cap room until he signs thepapers. As a packer fan i really dont care, he did good for the team for years and should be pissed.

...if its true

Edit: not to mention he wont learn a whole new system for a year. The only team hed come back with is the packers..but if thompson forced him out...HES DONE.Retired forever.

Back
Top Bottom