Resolved Bring back old NT emojis

No they WILL be back just other stuff is taking priority, unless I misread the various posts. 8)

Hey guys, I'm fixing them as you're telling me. Can you help me and do the following?

:stoneface: - Which one was this one? I need to know so I can associate the shortcut to the emoji

:smh: - Same with this one

:smile: :stoneface: :frown: :smh: :evil:::ohwell: :tongue: :lol: :rofl:

:angry:

i see. we gotta go to the emoji menu.

can't we make them the defaults?

Did I get these ones right?

:stoneface: was the stone face.
:smh: is shaking my head.
Hey guys, I'm fixing them as you're telling me. Can you help me and do the following?

:stoneface: - Which one was this one? I need to know so I can associate the shortcut to the emoji

:smh: - Same with this one

Thanks for working on this. It's great to see the old emojis coming back.

Here's what I got:

: ) :smile: - wrong one, should be :smile:
: ( :frown: - wrong one, should be :frown:
: p :tongue: - wrong one, should be :tongue:

8 o :nerd: should be :nerd:
:wow: :wow: should be :wow:
: hat :pimp: should go to this one :pimp: and : nthat :nthat: should go to :nthat:

That's all I got for now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Note that the ugly default emoji characters have been removed from the list, but they still exist on the site so any previous usage won't be broken.

We now have two emoji character sets available under the emoji button in your post editor: the classic NT emoji from our old sites, and the "modern" scalable vector graphics emoji. It's the best of both worlds. :nthat::emoji_100:

Future versions of the forum software will convert and standardize emoji characters submitted via your mobile device as well, so that support is coming and - I'm hoping - will help with things like skin tone for emoji characters. (The default sets we have are in Simpsons shades only.)

If you want simple text shortcuts for some of the new emoji characters, let us know what your favorites are. (It's a long list to go through.)

For example, I already set :emoji_100: as
Code:
:100:

I regret that it's taken so long. This is obviously something we wanted to have ready at launch, but we had some last minute complications to deal with and high priority issues to resolve before treating cosmetic problems.

More updates are coming today and this week. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work to rebuild and recover from the sudden discontinuation of our old forum software and hosted services partner.

Back
Top Bottom