Bronx Residents being overrun by tourists visiting #jokerstairs

No one said I can’t get to the Bronx but I’m not trying to sit in traffic on the whitestone bridge or the throgs neck

traveling into manhattan or Brooklyn is much easier

traveling into the Bronx in rush hour is like going east on the lie on a Friday. I’m good b.

Ive lived in the Bronx my whole life and naw man, disagree to an extent. We have the zoo, the Botanical Garden, City Island, where else would you want to go recreationally? I aint a big night life person, even then much rather be out in Queens, BK or the city on a Saturday night.
The grass isnt greener on the other side like youd think. Large portions of the u.s. are boring with hardly any amenities, no mass transit options, no dope stores, etc.
A lot of places revolve around Walmart. **** is sad.

how sway? its da only Boro not an island that has a Federal highway running right thru it, da I95 no less.
you don't even leave you 2 mile radius, how are you going to say access to other boroughs is easy? you probably still think the traffic is the same as 10 years ago.

you don't even leave you 2 mile radius, how are you going to say access to other boroughs is easy? you probably still think the traffic is the same as 10 years ago.
For him it’s super easy. But dudes never seen the kind of traffic the Bronx can create at certain times of day.

I get what some of you guys are saying that are local to the area. I live in a beach town that's small and full of hard working people most of the year. But in the summer it gets overrun with tourists and people treating it like their playground. Rude and in the way. They don't realize people are trying to live and work here full time and it isn't just your playground.

The silver lining for you guys is the stair thing will die down. The movie just came out give it a couple months and novelty will sure die down.

The Joker steps are the new Rocky steps.

10ACCCE4-345A-413A-AEC8-F5CAD23C2D48.jpeg

It ain’t that serious for people to be that mad. People can still use the steps. If people taking pics is the worst thing for them right now then good. You just need angry residents like that guy throwing eggs to clear the area anyway. Some of you sound real foolish asking why people are taking pics there. Since when have people not went and visited recognizable locations to take pics at? Has been happening for the longest.

Ive lived in the Bronx my whole life and naw man, disagree to an extent. We have the zoo, the Botanical Garden, City Island, where else would you want to go recreationally? I aint a big night life person, even then much rather be out in Queens, BK or the city on a Saturday night.
Im from the bronx also but i agree with u ...on a fun tip i always felt uptown(harlem) & downtown vibes more ...whenever i wanna just post up outside on the benches & politic the bronx comes in handy but more times then not nowadays if imma be outside i wanna be out doing things ...i enjoy queens vibes as well ,had a ball at a bowling alley in woodside weekend before last ..bx will forever be homebase but it aint as fun as it used to be(speaking for myself)

I get why people in the neighborhood would get annoyed at tourists going to the steps. Hell I saw something similar at the Nipsey Hussle Memorial by the marathon store earlier this year. Different topic but it was corny how people were going over there, posing with candles and a memorial in the background, taking their pic and bouncing.

But at the same time, if you press the people taking pics in front of the steps, you can’t cry foul if that brings avoidable reprecussions your way either. If some goofy tourist wants to blow his load by taking pics on the steps, you egg them, and they call the cops, whatever dealings come from that, that’s on you. Or if you try the wrong person and they put hands on you that’s also on you.

Be it a nice area or the hood though, you’re always going to have some who are on that locals only mindset.

It ain’t that serious for people to be that mad. People can still use the steps. If people taking pics is the worst thing for them right now then good. You just need angry residents like that guy throwing eggs to clear the area anyway. Some of you sound real foolish asking why people are taking pics there. Since when have people not went and visited recognizable locations to take pics at? Has been happening for the longest.

People would visit the "Exorcist steps" in DC back in the day

The only people talking about how inconvenient it is to drive to the Bronx are people that don’t drive.

That dude throwing eggs at the people snapping pics is a cornball.
For decades, the Bronx been getting clowned on as the borough that ‘nobody wants to go to’ now those same people are mad cause people going to the Bronx.

People don’t even know what to be mad at these days. God damn social media is so trash.

Back
Top Bottom