Bruce Bowen Retires

After helping the San Antonio Spurs win three championships andestablishing himself as one of the premier perimeter defenders of the decade, Bruce Bowen is retiring at 38.

83.jpg

Bowen

Bowen told ESPN.com that he will formally announce his retirement at a Thursday afternoon news conference and said he would elaborate more on his decisionthen.

Bowen made the NBA all-defensive first time five times, from 2003-04 through 2007-08, and was a three-time second-team selection from 2000-01 through2002-03.

It is believed that Bowen, who became an unrestricted free agent Aug. 1 when the Milwaukee Bucks bought out the final year of his contract, has decided to step away from the game because of his growing desire to pursueoff-court business and community interests as well as a career in broadcasting.

Bowen ends his career with 5,290 points, 1,089 assists and 712 steals in 873 games. He was a career 39.3 percent 3-point shooter and led the league in3-point field goal percentage in 2002-03
brucebowenkickhu6.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by dyyhard

so he passed the baton to CP3?

w/e.....take that saltiness somewhere else

so telling the truth is been salty now?

chris isn't dirty....and don't bring up the %!#$ against hodge....because there's def another side to that story...

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by dyyhard

so he passed the baton to CP3 Dahntay Jones and the rest of the thuggets?
fixed
Dahntay is on the Pacers now...

bowenkick2.jpg

I always hated that face he gave to the refs...kind of like this but more "What did I do?"

SPURS8.jpg

Always wondered when he would call it quits. Wish him luck in his future endeavors.

And really, dude played within the constructs of the NBA rules and became a very effective player, as well as an integral part of several Spurs championshipteams. You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't want this guy on your team defending the opposing team's best player.

I swear, people on this board talk about the NBA being soft and going back to the 80's (as if they've grown up watching those games), yet when one guybasically comes from the same mold, they call him dirty and hate of him? Make up your damn minds already.

bowenkick2.jpg

brucebowenkickhu6.gif

this beyond believeable occurrance has happened more than once and some people still think he's not trying to do these things.
laugh.gif

^ I didn't know dude also did that Liu Kang kick in Miami. On a side note GP with hair in that pic
eek.gif
. I thought dude stayed with the baldy back when he was throwing lobs to theReignman.

Tough, quality player. I didn't always like some his moves (although I don't think he was a dirty player imo), but he was crazy effective in hisposition.

I also think he could've gone one more year in the league and done his thing just as well.

Bruce Bowen is the ultimate "Love him on your team...hate em on another team" type player. I sawhim at Riverpark in Fresno after he won the last championship with the Spurs, and nobody came up to him or even seemed to care he was there...and Fresno is hishometown. Ricky Manning seems to get more love than him in Fresno and they went to the same H.S. (albeit different years).

Appreciated. He made playing defense sexy again. Sure some of his tactics werent cool, but he got the job done. Ray Allen is poppin' champagne in hiscrib right now.

Back
Top Bottom