Bruce Bowen Retires

I would of loved this guy if he was on my team, but i hated him.

His Defense is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

Thanks for everything Bruce.

He optimize everything about Spurs basketball during his time.

I always thought that during his prime years he gave us a big 4 but that's my opinion.

Go Spurs Go
I think you mean epitomize.

I'm still furious that he undercut Vince Carter and made him injure his ankle. He won't be missed.

Vince Carter = overrated bum. He might as well hurt both ankles.
laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some of the things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.
laugh.gif
Elite Player. Hes decent. Not a complete bum, but I think most people have his flashy dunking mistaken for being elite. He's not a complete player. Not even close bro.

word...vince carter is an incredible athlete but he relies on it too much...he hasnt adjusted his game to fit his age since he has lost a bounce or two...
All you do is watch the Lakers because Vince Carter has a jumpshot. He still has bounce left in his legs. He adjusted his game to compensate forwhat he lost. He rarely takes it to the basket anymore. What games are you watching?

%**% this dirty **% player.

I appreciate defense, but he lost all credibility in my book for his dirty plays. It can clearly be seen in the vid that he intentionally hurts/tries to hurtother players - I don't see how anyone can still respect him after that.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

And really, dude played within the constructs of the NBA rules and became a very effective player, as well as an integral part of several Spurs championship teams. You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't want this guy on your team defending the opposing team's best player.

I swear, people on this board talk about the NBA being soft and going back to the 80's (as if they've grown up watching those games), yet when one guy basically comes from the same mold, they call him dirty and hate of him? Make up your damn minds already.

Co-Sign, especially this part, I don't get people sometimes.

I love playing defense, and Bowen is someone who did that very well, I admire him for that. Except for some of the things he did with bad intentions, but yougot to respect him anyways.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

Thanks for everything Bruce.

He optimize everything about Spurs basketball during his time.

I always thought that during his prime years he gave us a big 4 but that's my opinion.

Go Spurs Go
I think you mean epitomize.

I'm still furious that he undercut Vince Carter and made him injure his ankle. He won't be missed.

Vince Carter = overrated bum. He might as well hurt both ankles.
laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some of the things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.
laugh.gif
Elite Player. Hes decent. Not a complete bum, but I think most people have his flashy dunking mistaken for being elite. He's not a complete player. Not even close bro.

word...vince carter is an incredible athlete but he relies on it too much...he hasnt adjusted his game to fit his age since he has lost a bounce or two...
All you do is watch the Lakers because Vince Carter has a jumpshot. He still has bounce left in his legs. He adjusted his game to compensate for what he lost. He rarely takes it to the basket anymore. What games are you watching?

VC over time has relied more on the jumpshot because of the fact he has gotten older. What SG hasn't done this? Jordan has, Kobe has, name a SG who hasaged... they've done it.

As for being an elite player... he was & still is. Look up the stats. How you average 20, 5, & 4 this past season & nto be elite is beyond me.Averging 23, 5 & 4 for his career isn't elite?

Judging an elite player you have to look at numbers, & his are there. While VC's team success hasn't been great his whole career, that doesn'tmean he autimatically isn't an elite player.

I'd consider him a complete player. Early in his career, he was a dunker... & known for his dunking (obviously). Over time, his numbers & teamsuccess have gotten better. While the dunking slowly lessened over time, the all around game developed more.

Anyway, as for Bowen... Never was a fan. His retirement doesn't matter much to me.

I swear, people on this board talk about the NBA being soft and going back to the 80's (as if they've grown up watching those games), yet when one guy basically comes from the same mold, they call him dirty and hate of him? Make up your damn minds already.

this

Coming from a Laker fan... you won't be missed
laugh.gif
But wouldaloved you in my team
pimp.gif
Peaceout Bruce

edit: uh, i did post this on the Bowen topic right? got confused with the VC arguement above my post
laugh.gif

Did this clown really say that VC is considered elite because of his dunking?
roll.gif

Anyway, I'm glad to see Bruce Bowen retire. One of my least favorite NBA players.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Good riddance.

Seriously. Hated this dude so much, especially back when the sonics were in town, dude threw so many cheap shots at ray allen
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom