Bruce Bowen Retires

dude gave us some good years. i'll never foget you bruce "flying drop kick to the face" bowen...............i'll never forget.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

Thanks for everything Bruce.

He optimize everything about Spurs basketball during his time.

I always thought that during his prime years he gave us a big 4 but that's my opinion.

Go Spurs Go
I think you mean epitomize.

I'm still furious that he undercut Vince Carter and made him injure his ankle. He won't be missed.

Vince Carter = overrated bum. He might as well hurt both ankles.
laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some of the things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.
laugh.gif
Elite Player. Hes decent. Not a complete bum, but I think most people have his flashy dunking mistaken for being elite. He's not a complete player. Not even close bro.

word...vince carter is an incredible athlete but he relies on it too much...he hasnt adjusted his game to fit his age since he has lost a bounce or two...
All you do is watch the Lakers because Vince Carter has a jumpshot. He still has bounce left in his legs. He adjusted his game to compensate for what he lost. He rarely takes it to the basket anymore. What games are you watching?

VC over time has relied more on the jumpshot because of the fact he has gotten older. What SG hasn't done this? Jordan has, Kobe has, name a SG who has aged... they've done it.

As for being an elite player... he was & still is. Look up the stats. How you average 20, 5, & 4 this past season & nto be elite is beyond me. Averging 23, 5 & 4 for his career isn't elite?

Judging an elite player you have to look at numbers, & his are there. While VC's team success hasn't been great his whole career, that doesn't mean he autimatically isn't an elite player.

I'd consider him a complete player. Early in his career, he was a dunker... & known for his dunking (obviously). Over time, his numbers & team success have gotten better. While the dunking slowly lessened over time, the all around game developed more.

Anyway, as for Bowen... Never was a fan. His retirement doesn't matter much to me.
to saltinewarrior...exactly he shoots too much jumpshots and three pointers thanks for clearing it up...what else can he do?...taking jumpshotsthats not really adjusting your game is it buddy?....how about playing some defense?....how about back to the basket?...how about that?...vince carter is notan elite player simple as that...not hating on vince...hes just not a complete player you guys rate him to be
laugh.gif

bowen...hes the type of guy you love if you had him on your team but hate if he isnt

Thanks Brucey for the memories, u have allways been a defensive monster on the court and a class act off...Never was too good for the average fan...

pimp.gif

Say what you want, but Bruce Bowen brought the defense.. no matter how or what, its all part of the game.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by dyyhard

so he passed the baton to CP3 Dahntay Jones and the rest of the thuggets?
fixed
Dahntay is on the Pacers now...

bowenkick2.jpg

I always hated that face he gave to the refs...kind of like this but more "What did I do?"

SPURS8.jpg
the McNulty of the NBA. Know u in some @%+$, smell it, but act like u aint. I'm glad he retirin. Has to be the dirtiest player to every playthe game

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

Thanks for everything Bruce.

He optimize everything about Spurs basketball during his time.

I always thought that during his prime years he gave us a big 4 but that's my opinion.

Go Spurs Go
I think you mean epitomize.

I'm still furious that he undercut Vince Carter and made him injure his ankle. He won't be missed.

Vince Carter = overrated bum. He might as well hurt both ankles.
laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some of the things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.
laugh.gif
Elite Player. Hes decent. Not a complete bum, but I think most people have his flashy dunking mistaken for being elite. He's not a complete player. Not even close bro.

word...vince carter is an incredible athlete but he relies on it too much...he hasnt adjusted his game to fit his age since he has lost a bounce or two...
All you do is watch the Lakers because Vince Carter has a jumpshot. He still has bounce left in his legs. He adjusted his game to compensate for what he lost. He rarely takes it to the basket anymore. What games are you watching?

VC over time has relied more on the jumpshot because of the fact he has gotten older. What SG hasn't done this? Jordan has, Kobe has, name a SG who has aged... they've done it.

As for being an elite player... he was & still is. Look up the stats. How you average 20, 5, & 4 this past season & nto be elite is beyond me. Averging 23, 5 & 4 for his career isn't elite?

Judging an elite player you have to look at numbers, & his are there. While VC's team success hasn't been great his whole career, that doesn't mean he autimatically isn't an elite player.

I'd consider him a complete player. Early in his career, he was a dunker... & known for his dunking (obviously). Over time, his numbers & team success have gotten better. While the dunking slowly lessened over time, the all around game developed more.

Anyway, as for Bowen... Never was a fan. His retirement doesn't matter much to me.
to saltinewarrior...exactly he shoots too much jumpshots and three pointers thanks for clearing it up...what else can he do?...taking jumpshots thats not really adjusting your game is it buddy?....how about playing some defense?....how about back to the basket?...how about that?...vince carter is not an elite player simple as that...not hating on vince...hes just not a complete player you guys rate him to be
laugh.gif

bowen...hes the type of guy you love if you had him on your team but hate if he isnt

wow these dudes hating on VC buncha lames, not complete?? WHAT? 2 seasons ago there was only 3 players in the NBA 20,5,5 and it was VC KOBE LEBRON, and VCmissed it by a hair this past season....and no post game??? ive watched 80% of all his games and let me tell you he has the best post game inorlando.......hell VC even plays PG even when kidd was on the floor

wow these dudes hating on VC buncha lames, not complete?? WHAT? 2 seasons ago there was only 3 players in the NBA 20,5,5 and it was VC KOBE LEBRON, and VC missed it by a hair this past season....and no post game??? ive watched 80% of all his games and let me tell you he has the best post game in orlando.......hell VC even plays PG even when kidd was on the floor
to be a complete player you play on the both ends on the floor...vince carter doesnt do that...you guys give me these numbers yadda yaddayadda...has he been named to the defensive team?...you watch 80% of his games ehh and he has the best post game in orlando?...hows that possible when he hasntplayed a single game in an orlando uniform?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...oh btw to become a complete player you must not give up on your team...which vince did in toronto...very complete player huh?

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Good riddance.
Yup. I can't honestly say that I'll miss his presence in the league. I respect his defense and hard work to make it to the league, but Inever could stand the guy.

wow these dudes hating on VC buncha lames, not complete?? WHAT? 2 seasons ago there was only 3 players in the NBA 20,5,5 and it was VC KOBE LEBRON, and VC missed it by a hair this past season....and no post game??? ive watched 80% of all his games and let me tell you he has the best post game in orlando.......hell VC even plays PG even when kidd was on the floor
to be a complete player you play on the both ends on the floor...vince carter doesnt do that...you guys give me these numbers yadda yadda yadda...has he been named to the defensive team?...you watch 80% of his games ehh and he has the best post game in orlando?...hows that possible when he hasnt played a single game in an orlando uniform?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...oh btw to become a complete player you must not give up on your team...which vince did in toronto...very complete player huh?

Granted he's not going to be named DPOY... check the matchups with Kobe against the Nets. More times than not Kobe's numbers are low that game in termsof scoring the basketball. Again, VC isn't the greatest defensive player in the league... but when it comes time he has been known to play defense. He hasin the past did a great job on the defensive end on SG's.

VC giving up on Toronto? That's a whole other story. Just know the power of editing does wonders....

In early January 2005, he stated during a television interview with TNT's John Thompson to not giving effort in his last months as a Raptor; when asked if he always played hard, Carter replied, "In years past, no. I was fortunate to have the talent. You get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it."[sup][20][/sup] Though Carter's comments were perceived by Raptors fans as his confession to not giving his all as a Raptor,[sup][21][/sup] Thompson said the comments were misinterpreted, saying, "That boy never said to me, 'Coach, I just laid down and quit.' ...I was embarrassed and felt awful about it for his sake, because I knew what he was communicating to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Carter

What star player... (or should I say elite player
nerd.gif
happy.gif
), wouldn't want to play on a winning team? & would takefrustrations of losing every season? There have been many others in the same situation who have done similar. The power of editing put him in a bad spot.

This past season & the year before when the team was out of the playoffs, he still gave it his all on playing hurt. When he needed surgery or when he couldhave simply sat out, he didn't. That's not quiting on the squad.

Anyway, back to Bruce Bowens retirment,
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom