Bruce Lee On The Art of Self Expression

From one of the biggest Tyson fans...
Bruce Lee would bury him.
Not many people know this but boxing was Bruce Lee's first art.

man i love that video, its a classic. bruce lee was one of the most interesting guys to listen to and by far the most exciting to watch display his art.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

From one of the biggest Tyson fans...
Bruce Lee would bury him.
Not many people know this but boxing was Bruce Lee's first art.
yep. Wing Chun, which was basically street boxing/fighting.

btw I a tyson fan as well.

Why Lee would beat Tyson from a technical standpoint:

#1-Range: Lee would be able to control the distance between the two fighters thus staying away from Tysons boxing (punching) range and compact power. Becauseof this Tyson would get frustrated throwing and lunging with wide looping power punches. Lee would see these coming a mile away because he is controlling thedistance thus countering Tyson all day most likely with Lee's signature lead hand punch and lead leg jab (peep Lee's JKD manual)

#2-Speed: In terms of hand speed Tyson may be faster than Lees but even if he is, Tyson is significantly slower in terms of footwork speed and explosiveness.When i say explosiveness I'm talking about the ability to leap in and out closing the gap between the two fighters. Lee was the master at this. Leesfootwork ability and explosiveness would make it hard for Tyson to touch Lee. Lee would be in and out of Mikes grill all day.

#3-Tool Set: Mike is a boxer and will rely on his punches to get the job done whereas Bruce was a Martial Artist that practiced many forms of fighting thus hisarsenal of weapons is not limited just to his hands. He will be able to effectively use kicks, elbows, knees, clinches, throws, subs, etc.

#4-Mental Aspect: Just observe both fighters mannerisms and attitudes. Lee always cool and confident whereas Mike always relied on trash talk for intimidationalso peep Mikes track record for getting frustrated and making horrible decisions b/c of this.

if anyone doesnt know what im trying to explain when im talking about distance and timing peep any of Anderson Silvas or Lyoto Machidas fights. Both are UFCchampions and both control distance masterfully. (MMA heads know what im talking about)

the only way i can see Mike winning is in a boxing match where he maybe able to use the ring to cut Bruce off and landing a devastating pinpoint hook oruppercut but even then its a long shot because Lees footwork and elusiveness was masterful.

with all this being said can some please enlighten me on how Mike would beat Bruce? (logical answers please)

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

Originally Posted by urmaynzlame

with all this being said can some please enlighten me on how Mike would beat Bruce? (logical answers please)

punchers chance. im a big fan of both killas.
bruce has alot of different weapons in his arsenal. Mike has powerful boxing. with that said...lee would win using w/e technique. mike would have to catch him flush on the temple or something.

id bet on bruce
exactly, one hit wonder. only way. and even at that... bruce is too quick.
One good hit from tyson would faze Lee.

posted before like 2 months ago, but still
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom