Bullied Tennessee boy gets love from celebrities

You are clearly have not read my post.

I said his medical condition makes it extra ****ed up. I universally condemned making fun of a child's appearance.

And I asked what proof does people have of the kid being racist to warrant the "**** Keaton" arguments. And dudes like you instantly deflected instead of just saying the obvious, that you are making an assumption.

an assumption, but is it that far reaching given his parents? his town?

like any other disease, maybe it doesnt affect the whole population but maybe its linked to genetics
This reads like a racist comment. Period

What would your reaction be if a NTer made this suggestion about black people and their supposed proclivity for violence.

I would guess not well

like any other disease, maybe it doesnt affect the whole population but maybe its linked to genetics

I get your angle but I take it as being arrogantly aware of your power ranking in society can cause "them" to act like that.

Not sure you can call that INNATE

So I must have misread your initial point.

I took it as you saying, the convos held on HERE cod be used to teach the boy, but they aren't.

I get what you just typed out, THAT isn't what I was replying to though

When I say, “we”/“us” I mean black folks. Which goes back to my first post. Keep killin em with kindness.

I never demanded sound evidence to accept people's argument of "**** Keaton". In my first comment in this thread I even addressed my views if the child had actually said the n-word. And I already said making fun of the kid should be off limits.

Stop being obtuse as usual
You aren't the only person in the thread that used the, "Where is the proof" card.

I quoted you since you were the most recent but it qas an PSA to the whole thread.

Not just you

When I say, “we”/“us” I mean black folks. Which goes back to my first post. Keep killin em with kindness.
Yea, I believe folks should get their jaws broken when they speak out of line, so I can't get with the kindness approach most of the time.

No approach is right or wrong

This reads like a racist comment. Period

What would your reaction be if a NTer made this suggestion about black people and their supposed proclivity for violence.

I would guess not well

im not interested in deriding white people for the sake of it

ppl that say those kind of things are only interested in the conclusion

i want to see the premise investigated

are there genetic links to behavior period?

hell it could be white people are predisposed towards generosity, but in general im asking are there studies done about white people's behavior?

ppl from facebook saying that it can affect mental pathways, can racism do the same thing?

does saying the n word fire off endorphins in white people?

these are the questions im interested in

im not interested in deriding white people for the sake of it

ppl that say those kind of things are only interested in the conclusion

i want to see the premise investigated

are there genetic links to behavior period?

hell it could be white people are predisposed towards generosity, but in general im asking are there studies done about white people's behavior?

ppl from facebook saying that it can affect mental pathways, can racism do the same thing?

does saying the n word fire off endorphins in white people?

these are the questions im interested in

Good questions

I would be interested as well

@Bend_The_Knee

an assumption, but is it that far reaching given his parents? his town?
Then fine.

Then dudes should own up to the fact they are saying **** a 10 year old off an assumption. A lot of arguments are based off of reasonable assumptions but look at what people that to justify? Clowning a child.

I get it, dudes want to vent and given the treatment of our children they are in no mood to offer the same level headedness often denied to our kids. But that is not a principled stance. I get where it is coming from but a fight justice and positive peace should not be a race to the bottom.

sometimes you cant rise up until you reach rock bottom

maybe when black people finally throw off the respectability politics and get "angry" then race relations can change

i remember hearing a quote that white people live in a constant state of anxiety because they know that black should righteously be tearing this place down

You think outside people are gonna change little's Keaton mind over what his racist parents tell him?

I mean roasting him and all that might be too much but it's way more **** to worry about then little Keaton from a WS household getting roasted. It's black kids getting harassed and shot by cops. I don't feel nothing for this whole family.

Thats my point. Why can't you care about both? Regardless of the semantics, they're all children. We should be able to care about both situations.

One child saved from some poison minded parents could eventually end up saving more than one life in the long run.

Whataboutism
How about if I don't care whether the kid said it either way.

I get your point, you want to be fair all around. That's cool. I just think it's an absolute waste of energy. The reactions we usually get are informed by a lot of what came before it in every instance. This is no different. People are fed up (mind you, a lot of these people were duped into donating money to someone/something they would never knowingly donate to) and they have a right to be. What does debating amongst ourselves and shaming one another do?

Just know that the longer we go in this system, the less people are going to be willing to agree with you and continue to be fair and give people the benefit of the doubt.

sometimes you cant rise up until you reach rock bottom

maybe when black people finally throw off the respectability politics and get "angry" then race relations can change

i remember hearing a quote that white people live in a constant state of anxiety because they know that black should righteously be tearing this place down
It is not respectability politics to tell people to people they should be reasonably decent. My comments are not restricted to black people criticizing white kids anyway. I'm saying give a break to all kids

I am not blaming the troubles of black people on a supposed moral failings. I am not saying act in a certain way to get approval from white people. So I don't see how saying we shouldn't clown kids qualifies as respectability politics.

Context matters, deliver matters, who you are delivering the advice to matters. There is a difference between saying "black people's problem is because they drink too much, stop drinking and maybe your communities would be better" and than saying "Excessive consumption of alcohol is unhealthy and wasteful. It would be best if people enjoy it in moderation."

-Secondly, this hope that **** gets bad enough for people that they finally rise up is not a wise course of action. People can take action now, before things get worst, without needing to turn to violence. And while doing so they can still be fundamentally decent.

Thats my point. Why can't you care about both? Regardless of the semantics, they're all children. We should be able to care about both situations.

One child saved from some poison minded parents could eventually end up saving more than one life in the long run.

How are outside people gonna influence him more than his parents?

There's young white people that listen rap music, got black friends and still put white supremacy first cuz that's how they were raised.

How about if I don't care whether the kid said it either way.

I get your point, you want to be fair all around. That's cool. I just think it's an absolute waste of energy. The reactions we usually get are informed by a lot of what came before it in every instance. This is no different. People are fed up (mind you, a lot of these people were duped into donating money to someone/something they would never knowingly donate to) and they have a right to be. What does debating amongst ourselves and shaming one another do?

Just know that the longer we go in this system, the less people are going to be willing to agree with you and continue to be fair and give people the benefit of the doubt.
Being a reasonably decent person takes little to no energy. Like all I really said was don't clown little kids. I'm not caping for his Keaton specifically. If he did say the n-word, he should be punish for it. Yes try to educate him but if he said the n-word he disrupted the peaceful environment other kids need to learn, and he must realize that.

We are on an online forum. We are having civil debate. I already said if dudes wanna vent I understand, but be honest about that.

I understand having to deal with white supremacy and the bull**** that comes with it makes people cold, stubborn and unwilling offer the same level tact that is denied to them. I lose my cool all the time and say **** I later regret.

But folk need to understand that if they are interested in fighting for justice, that "sticking it to whitety" is not the end game.

It is not respectability politics to tell people to people they should be reasonably decent. My comments are not restricted to black people criticizing white kids anyway. I'm saying give a break to all kids

I am not blaming the troubles of black people on a supposed moral failings. I am not saying act in a certain way to get approval from white people. So I don't see how saying we shouldn't clown kids qualifies as respectability politics.

Context matters, deliver matters, who you are delivering the advice to matters. There is a difference between saying "black people's problem is because they drink too much, stop drinking and maybe your communities would be better" and than saying "Excessive consumption of alcohol is unhealthy and wasteful. It would be best if people enjoy it in moderation."

-Secondly, this hope that **** gets bad enough for people that they finally rise up is not a wise course of action. People can take action now, before things get worst, without needing to turn to violence. And while doing so they can still be fundamentally decent.

i never said hoping for the bottom, but sometimes thats what it takes

when the situation becomes absolutely untenable then things may change en masse

the middle of the road, lets all be decent is nice, but i dont see them changing their ways anytime soon

what would it take, do you think, to change their minds as a whole?

i never said hoping for the bottom, but sometimes thats what it takes

when the situation becomes absolutely untenable then things may change en masse

the middle of the road, lets all be decent is nice, but i dont see them changing their ways anytime soon

what would it take, do you think, to change their minds as a whole?
I am not really interested in changing the minds of white people. I don't really concern myself with the feelings of people that much.

I am interested in changing laws, changing policy, and making the socioeconomic system more equitable. Making so that someone's skin color is not the major determinant of the trajectory of his or her life with take. Same goes for sex, religion, geographic location, etc.

In a just world, there will still be white supremacists and racist. Only difference between if that they will be powerless to impose their nonsense see on the lives of others, and if they try society will run them a legal fade.

I am not really interested in changing the minds of white people. I don't really concern myself with the feelings of people that much.

I am interested in changing laws, changing policy, and making the socioeconomic system more equitable. Making so that someone's skin color is not the major determinant of the trajectory of his or her life with take. Same goes for sex, religion, geographic location, etc.

In a just world, there will still be white supremacists and racist. Only difference between if that they will be powerless to impose their nonsense see on the lives of others, and if they try society will run them a legal fade.

:nthat:

Back
Top Bottom