Bulls offseason Thread

Problem is, I know Drose was gonna beast in the playoffs. I know it. And that edge would put us right there with anyone. Thats gone now. Yes, we're still good... Yes, we might win a series or two, but championship hopes are gone. Let's be honest with ourselves. I love my team to death. Ill continue to watch, Rep, and support.... But the dream is over.

Rose's offensive production and dribble penetration will be missed in Chicago, but I strongly believe the Bulls can survive his injury. I actually don't even believe Pooh is more important than Butler or Jo. The team has shown they can do it before rallying together under Thibs. Team's defensive intensity will have to be upped even more. Mirotic and Snell can help shoulder the scoring burden, especially the former who has shown flashes of offensive productivity. Let's not forget this Bulls squad recently upset the favored Nets in the playoffs.
QFT.

Does Mcdermott at all become a factor now? 

Mirotic will continue to cook.

I wish yall the best 

Does Mcdermott at all become a factor now? 

Mirotic will continue to cook.
Knee surgery threw off Dougie's entire rookie campaign. He's played 8 minutes total the entire month of February. Turnstile on D, but McDermott can get buckets at any level of competitive basketball.

When Gibson and Jo have gone down with injury, Mirotic has shown he can score the basketball in a variety of ways.

Havent checked into this thread in a min but have been closely following the season. This news is devastating again. Seems like it was almost expected but still unreal

A half day later, still hard to believe..
Bulls won't quit, as we already know. It's a hard blow but we gotta keep hope of the Bulls. Let's not let up!

R.I.P to D.Rose knees. Hate to say it but its time to move on from him
mean.gif

I believe he still going to return this season.

Oh, don't hold your breath, friend.

That would be a story for the ages though, if it happens. Especially if the Bulls make a run into the finals.

That's just miracles upon miracles upon miracles though.

KC Johnson's tweets are leaving the door open. I hate him for that. I'd rather get the door shut on me and get pleasantly surprised.

Oh, don't hold your breath, friend.

That would be a story for the ages though, if it happens. Especially if the Bulls make a run into the finals.

That's just miracles upon miracles upon miracles though.

KC Johnson's tweets are leaving the door open. I hate him for that. I'd rather get the door shut on me and get pleasantly surprised.
I'm not good at holding my breathe, but I am good at holding my faith in hope. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

coach cal said it best "his pain tolerance is non existent"
he aint coming back this year

welp, at least we swap picks with cleve...so theres that

Read the news this morning and had to do a double take..."couldn't be Derrick." Hate to see this happen to him and the Bulls. Thought this might be our year ...

Thank goodness for the rising cubs. Sucks thought they could do it this year. [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Not sure if you are serious.
rose is not known for fast schedule returns. I expect him out for the whole season at least.
More than not, I am serious. We'll see if history will repeat itself on Thursday or Friday when they release what surgery to be done.

Im surpirsed at the amount of the bulls are done replys... Im curious to see the playoffs now..

I think we should stop acting like without Drose the Bulls would be a team like in 2012 where they lost all games in the 1st round against Philly after Rose was out.
The Bulls have been doing quite well without him as they had to.
Not saying that with Rose they would be not better but we should stop talking like we need him to carry and lead this team.
It would be very disrectful to other teammates like Butler, Gasol who led this team to many victories this season.
Gibson and Noah also contributed much.
Rose has not been the X-factor for the Bulls in the majority of games this season. Most hurting to watch was his poor 3 point shooting.

^yas!! My thoughts follow your response.. Ive gotta buddy who lives off of stats.. If a player scored 20pts last game he feels that player will be titled to play just like that or close to that from then on... Man I really hate forecasting stats on future games.. Rose will snap one game and go dry the next.. Therefor that good game he had those stats dont matter anymore(to me) in reference to his dry game..

The biggest killer to the bulls game is mistakes.., they dont recuperate fast enough to make as many of mistakes they make.. Ex. Were down 6pts, youll see rose, hinrich go for a jump shot with 16secs on the shot clock, and miss the shot, then bam we are back on defense and the other team score now were down by 8, then we come right back down the court and rush another shot with plenty of time on the game clock...I remember that year we played miami in the 3rd round boozer i think we were down by two boozer was backing down bosh and the ball went out of bounds lol with like 48secs left in the 4th that killed our chance to tie it up... They just make bad mistakes

Even though Rose is out, there are others that can help carry the load. Jo, Butler, Pau, Niko, are notable people. 

I think we can win a round or two. Let's just hope we face any team other than Cleveland come playoff time...

...unless Jimmy G can pull an MJ against the Cavs

Back
Top Bottom