Buying a car for the summer?

Cop a motorcycle instead.

Better in gas, gets you from a to b quicker, and more yambs...

I'm trying to buy a car for the summer. However, it's not for stunting reasons. I drive a TrailBlazer and gas is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I work 30 miles from where I live. I need a car for the summer months but since I stay in Cleveland, I still need my truck for the harsh winter months.

I'm trying to get either an '05/'06 CTS, STS, or X-Type.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I'm trying to buy a car for the summer. However, it's not for stunting reasons. I drive a TrailBlazer and gas is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I work 30 miles from where I live. I need a car for the summer months but since I stay in Cleveland, I still need my truck for the harsh winter months.

your potential car choices dont make sense.

you said its not for stuntin
you need a new car because of your current gas price/mileage situation

as far as i know, all 3 cars you mentioned require 91.  All 3 have average to below average MPG (under 20MPG).  

if you just need something to get around during the summer months to save on gas, get a used corolla or civic or something.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I swear I had that exact look on my face.
05 CTS @ 16/25 new

05 STS @ 16/23 new

05 X Type @ 17/25 new

if mpg is your only concern, you def have better options.

so are you going to sell it after the 3 months? you realize the money you spend on this car will cost more than the gas to for your car
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

cop an old Teg. my friend found one for like $1200. no problems except the sun roof.

old teg? mmm...thank you just what i needed

Your loss from the depreciation on the vehicle, the costs involved in selling it when you're done, and the cost of insuring a second vehicle would probably negate any savings you would get from having a higher MPG; spending less on gas.

Less likely but still worth considering: if you get a Cadi or Jag for three months, it may need an oil change while you have it and those aren't too cheap for cars like that--further diminishing any savings you would incur. Alternatively, if you avoid doing that and sell it without getting it done and don't tell the subsequent purchaser, you could be liable for damages that arise from repairs needed from neglecting the vehicle and neglecting to tell them about it--giving you legal fees, repair costs, and headaches to deal with in addition to everything else.

Back
Top Bottom