buying from craigslist

From my experience yes...Idaho FTW...no FML
indifferent.gif

Meet in a VERY public place. I jusut bought a 3G iphone last week off craigslist.

im trying to get a blackberry curve i called he said he gonna meet up but then i told him my friend is gonna give me a ride he said oh wait up hung up and theni kept calling back no answer ring twice and voicemail

^just move to the next person... If you know what your doing and know how to talk to people on CL you can get GREATTTTTTTTTTTT deals.

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

^just move to the next person... If you know what your doing and know how to talk to people on CL you can get GREATTTTTTTTTTTT deals.
seriously, i talked this dude out of a laptop. he wanted a thousand but i got it down to 400 telling him a sob story about me paying my waythrough college and having a hard time making ends meet living on my own. felt bad but it worked like a charm.
laugh.gif

never steered me wrong.

just bought 4 tickets to the red sox 4th of july game last week, and the guy and even drove them to my place of work.

I've bought my itouch there, bought of bunch of kicks from there. I haven't been able to sell my kicks there though. Lol. How do you guys go about inbuying laptops?

Originally Posted by SC415

I've bought my itouch there, bought of bunch of kicks from there. I haven't been able to sell my kicks there though. Lol. How do you guys go about in buying laptops?
I wouldnt mess with on CL . Too expensive and dude might rip you off

I got ripped off on CL. Met dude in a public spot, got home and the 360 aint even work and as you know it dude never picked up his phone.
smh.gif

If you do use it, I suggest going to the sellers house with a friend...

Originally Posted by trueballer507

I got ripped off on CL. Met dude in a public spot, got home and the 360 aint even work and as you know it dude never picked up his phone.
smh.gif

i dont recommend going to someones place. Especially if youre not familiar with the neighborhood. Even if you go with a friend, you never knowwhat could happen.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

might purchase a used car next year. Any tips how to deal with sellers?
My friend purchased a 95 accord from a mechanic off CL and he got ripped off. not even a week the freakin alternator and a belt needed to bereplaced. I guess if your looking for something Used and not really worried about the warranty, you can get something cheap.

Sold my comp on CL. Deal went smooth. Dude was a stoner but paid asking so i didnt complain. Only deal with ppl that are on the level.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by trueballer507

smh.gif

i dont recommend going to someones place. Especially if youre not familiar with the neighborhood. Even if you go with a friend, you never know what could happen.

Thats true but if something does happen you know at least where that person lives or hangs out at rather then s.o.l with just a phone number.

Also, its better when the electronics you buy are brand new sealed in box.

richKarlmarx wrote:
this has nothing to do with this thread, but goodness. my friend, that avy is
eek.gif

...what i really want to know is what happens next.

--edit--

i use CL occasionally. purchased a dell laptop and a canon dslr 10D for considerably below market value. you just have to practice very good judgment whenpurchasing electronics on CL. if he/she isnt down with letting you test it in front of them for awhile, something's obviously wrong.

I bought a car off of craigslist, was originally 5,450 but he sold it to me for 3,000. I love craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom